Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

The Broken Pieces

Billie Joe left not long after. He didn't tell you where he was going, but he promised to call once he got there. You walked silently home, still reminiscing in the events of the night before. It all seemed so surreal, you were almost having trouble believing that it really happened. Adam being dead had barely effected you thus far, and weren't sure why. Could you be that heartless that you didn't even care when someone died? But it's not like Adam was that nice to you. He was always glaring at you, and making rude comments about your abilities as a musician. If he had loved you, why did he always come across as if he hated you? It confused and saddened you all at the same time.
And for the first time since he died, you felt responsible. It hit you like a ton of bricks right in the chest. Could this really be your fault? You couldn't help but think it was. He loved you. And on the night he tried to tell you, he was killed.
You shook your head, and tried to forget wherever it was your mind was going to wander next. This was not your fault. It just couldn't be...
--------------------------------------
About a half hour later you arrived at your apartment. When you walked in, Brittany was in the middle of throwing the phone at the wall. It hit with a huge amount of force, and then shattered into a hundred different pieces, then fell gracefully to the floor. You had an itching feeling this had something to with you.
She turned around when she heard the door open, and glared with an enormous amount of hate in her eyes at you.
"Where the fuck have you been!" She yelled.
Out of the corner of your eye you saw Sam run over to pick up the broken pieces of the phone. She was careful to avoid Brittany as she went about cleaning up the mess.
Brittanys eyes never once left yours. She stood there with a menacing glint in her eyes, just waiting for you to say something so she could pounce.
"I.. I was in the studio.."
"Bullshit," she cut you off. "We went to the studio- you weren't there!"
"I-ah.." You said quietly. You had no idea how you were gonna get out of this one.
"Of all the days for you to do this! I mean- what the fuck is wrong with you?!"
"God.. Brittany, I'm sorry." You said, hoping she wouldn't attack you. You so werent in the mood to fight at that moment. You spoke so weakly, even Brittany was taken aback.
She had a confused look on her face, and then said, "Umm.. Okay. Well." She was speaking incredibly slowly, and was looking at her feet for the first time since you had walked in the door. "Well," She continued, "Get dressed.. We have a performance at five. And with that left the room, and a very bewildered Sam.
You guys were playing for your biggest audience yet. There were probably three thousand people there, and you were the headlining act. When you arrived at the club, you were ushered backstage to your very own dressing room. It even had your band's name on the door. It excited you, but that feeling was immediately brushed off once you walked in the room. Standing in front of the three of you were Tom, Paul, and two police men.
Both Tom and Paul had glum looks on their faces, and you knew why. The police men were staring at you with suspicion. When you got all the way in the room, Paul ran back to shut the door you had just come through. He locked it, and then turned to look at the three of you.
"Hello ladies," He said sadly.
Brittany and Sam looked utterly perplexed, but you knew exactly what was coming.
"We have some.. news, we need to talk.." Said Tom.
The room was completely silent. Everyone looked incredibly uncomfortable. Then, finally, someone broke the silence.
"Well?" Brittany said, sounding very annoyed.
"Girls.. Adams gone. He was killed last night." Paul said quietly.
Brittany instantaneously went from annoyed to hysterical. She looked slightly shocked for a second, but once the truth sunk in, she began to cry immediately. You had no idea she liked Adam that much. She never showed much of a care for him. But now it was obvious that she must have liked him a little, because her eyes were pouring tears.

"You- you cant be serious.." She stuttered. You had never seen Brittany crying like this, let alone crying at all. She had her face in her hands, and her sobbing had reduced to a silent whimper.
Brittany's reaction had kept you so preoccupied that you had hardly noticed Sam. She was quiet, but you could tell the shock of the situation was still sinking in. As you watched her she went from staring blankly at the opposite wall to looking at Brittany in uncertainty. She looked at her with a look that dripped pity. And suddenly you got the feeling she knew something you didn't.
The room was silent for minutes. You couldn't take it anymore, so you attempted to break it.
"Are.. Are you okay-" You asked Brittany quietly.
She didn't answer. She never did.
That night the show went on as planned. It was unbelievable from so many different perspectives. It was unbelievable that Brittany made it through the show with out breaking down and crying. And it was unbelievable that for the first time in your life you had fans. You had kids in that audience who knew all the lyrics to all your songs. The people in the mosh pit practically sang the words for you.
Backstage everyone was saying the album was a hit. Sound Scan hadn't come in yet, so the numbers werent official.. But you were hearing good things.
Apparently there were actually lines in some stores to buy your CD. People were saying you could see the line coming out of AB-CDs from a mile away. And some unbelievable news was coming from the label. There were reports that Target sold three-weeks shipments of your album in less then two hours. Now there was a waiting list, and over eight hundred people were signed up at one store alone.
The whole week had been completely unbelievable.
But then again.. What hadn't been unbelievable lately?..