Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

You Are Forever Attached To Me

Your ears were pounding. The noise was so loud it was almost painful. Everyone seemed to be losing their minds. Including you.. As you walked out of the club that night there were hundreds of fans waiting for you outside. People were screaming as if their lives depended on it, and you were so confused as to why this was happening. People were asking for your autograph, and you were doing photo-shoots. And the band went from playing small punk clubs to huge stadiums.
And all this in just two months.
After the album came out, it went from being a small, indie- produced project, to the biggest thing in the music industry. Your single was constantly playing on all the stations, and your video was getting constant play.
Most people would love this life. Most people can only dream of something like this. But you were having trouble adjusting to the sudden attention. You missed Billie Joe, and you hated playing those stadiums.
Brittany loved it, of course. She was the one pushing for the band to do more press. Every chance she got she was posing for every camera that would look her way. You knew Brittany was always desperate for attention, but this was even surprising you. You even felt a little angry that she was such a media whore. Everywhere you guys went she always had to slut-it-up and wear the most revealing thing she possibly could.
But the media loved it. She instantly became a tabloid favorite. But you couldn't help but feel she did it on purpose.
-----------------------------------------
It had been two months since Adam died, and two months since Billie Joe had left.
You missed him so much it made your stomach ache. All you wanted was to see him again, but you knew you needed to wait a while before you asked him to come back.
Then one day you decided you had waited long enough. The cops weren't looking for Adam's killer anymore, they had closed the case. And you thought it was time for Billie to come back.
He had been staying in Rodeo, and Mike and Tre had gone with him.
Even while he was in hiding he was still working on their album. They had written a ton of new material, and it was actually pretty good.
When you got to your tour bus that night, you closed the door making sure to lock it. When you were sure you were alone you called him, praying hed come back.
"Hello?" You heard Billies voice answer.
"Hey," You said.
"Sage!, Hey, hold on a sec-" He said, as you heard him yelling for Mike and Tre to get out of the room. "Sorry bout that- We saw you guys on Fuse this morning!"
"Ha.. yeah," you said sadly.
"What's wrong?" He asked, "Being a rock-star not all it's cracked up to be?" He joked, laughing as he spoke.
'Well.. I guess you could say that." You answered quietly. "But that's not why I called. I was actually thinking.. Well.. You've been gone for a while now, and I doubt that they'll still be looking for you.. I mean, they've probably closed the case-"
Sage- I doubt they'd close a murder case after just two months," Billie interrupted.
"How do you know!? I think they have!" You spat back, almost angrily.
'Don't be so defensive- I'm just saying.. I bet they're still looking.." He said.
"Well, I was just hoping, maybe you could come back," you said hopefully.
"Oh-" He said quietly, "I don't know about that.. It doesn't seem like a good idea just yet.."
An awkward silence followed after his last words. Could he not want to come back? You processed that idea for a second, but couldn't find a reason of why he'd want to stay away. Didn't he say he missed you every chance he got? And constantly go on about how much he loved you every day? It just didn't make sense.
"Alright.. Well then I guess you shouldn't come back." You spoke with a mean tone, and instead of waiting for his answer, hung up the phone.
You left the tour bus, and walked quickly towards the band's dressing room. You weren't sure why your were so angry about such a small thing. You knew in the back of your mind that you were just being a drama queen, but for some reason that did not console your antagonism.
When you got to your dressing room, you practically threw yourself on the couch. As you sat there you went over your fight with Billie Joe in your mind. You silently wondered whether he ever called you back. You had left the phone on the bus, and you almost wanted to go back just to see if he cared enough to call back. Not like you would have answered it if he had. But it would have been comforting..
Ten minutes later on the bus you found that he had called back. You smiled as you saw that he had left a message, and called your voicemail.
"Alright- Sage, don't do this.. You know I want to come back to you.. But I just don't wanna do anything stupid. Just.. Don't be mad, okay?"
And with that, his voice faded away, and you hung up the phone once again. You just didn't know why you were so angry at him. But you were angry enough that you had no intention of calling him back. If he wanted to talk to you- he'd call on his own.
---------------------------------------
When a week had gone by, and still no phone call, you started to lose your mind. Why wasn't he calling? He used to call once a day.. Always. But now a week had passed, and you were still waiting. You had gone so low as to carry your cell phone with you everywhere you went, just hoping for a call. But you refused to call him. If anything, you were gonna play hard to get.
But eventually even that feeling had passed, and you just wanted to hear his voice.
So you tried to call him, but hung up the phone when you heard him answer.
And it went on like this for days. And eventually those days turned into weeks, and before you knew it, it had been three weeks since you last spoke to Billie.
----------------------------------------
The band was getting a week off from touring, and you were ready to get away from the constant hassle of fake producers and big-headed celebrities. That was the downside to fame and being a "Celebrity"... Other celebrities.
When you finally arrived at your apartment you noticed a package was waiting for you there. You opened it and found a letter, or something like it. It was a ripped and crumpled up piece of paper. It looked like it had been in someones pocket for weeks.
You read the return address and realized it was from Billie Joe. You felt the knot in your stomach loosen a little, and sighed a sigh of relief.
You straightened it out, and attempted to read the messy scribbles all over the page.
The note read:
"I was lost.. I don't even know what I was lost from, because I never belonged anywhere. But when I met you, I felt like I belonged. You make me feel like I'm home. I finally realized that the one thing I never searched for, was the one thing I needed to find. And when you feel like you can't walk anymore, I will carry you. You were my biggest challenge. And you were the only challenge I could ever surmount. I'll come back, and when I do.. I'll never leave again. Because when you fall in love, its a permanent fixture that attaches itself to your heart. Whatever that love may be, Sage.. You are forever attached to me."
It was short, but sweet. And when you finished reading it, you were in tears. Then you noticed there was something else in the envelope. You shook it and a familiar looking flower fell out. It was the same kind he had left for you on his jacket the night he had brought you home. Only this time it was not dead.
As you held it, you saw a small amount of ribbon tied around the stem. You reached for it and pulled. As the ribbon unfurled a sliver ring that was tied into it, fell into your palm.

It looked like an antique, and had small inscriptions on the inside of it. You attempted to read them, but fell short. All you could make out was; "je t' aime". You stared at this for a second, and realized that the words were French. You couldn't speak French, but that didn't matter. And it definantly didn't make you love it any less.
You held it in your hand and silently cried.
Brittany and Sam eventually came back from wherever they were, and completely ignored your lament. They could care less. They were rock-stars now, and nothing else mattered. Normally this would have pissed you off, you loathed how conceited they had become.
But not now. Nothing could have ruined that moment. All the doubts you had ever felt completely disappeared and you remembered how it felt when you were with Billie Joe. How everything became beautiful, and he was your world.
So he did love you. It was a good thing to know, and you went to sleep that night smiling, with the ring he gave you on your finger.