Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Planning The Escape

As the tour bus pulled away from their house, Sage watched sadly through the upstairs window. She would have gone down to say hi to all the guys, but she wasnt dressed and she knew they were late as it was. And that was it. She saw the bus turn the corner, and Billie Joe was gone once again. Her heart ached slightly as the loneliness began to creep up inside of her, and the all too familiar feeling of her stomach falling was present again. She always felt like that when Billie had to leave for tour.
But shed never really been sad since before she had even met Billie Joe

-----REWIND TO 15 YEARS EARLIER-----
"Sage"
"Hello, is anybody even alive in there?"
You felt a couple jabs on your arm, and were brought back to reality. Brittany was sitting in front of you, with an amused look on her face. Standing next to her was Sam, who was staring at you like you might lose your mind at any second.
You looked around confused, youd forgotten that you were still in school, and had apparently been in a dazed daydream for the past twenty minutes.
"Dude, you need to get off whatever the fuck your on," Brittany said, laughing.
Sam looked a little more serious then she did, and shot Brittany a stern, cold look after hearing what she had to say. "Are you okay?" She asked concerned, looking at you with compassion.
"Yeah, Im just tired," you yawned.
You lived in a small town in Northern Colorado, called Fort Collins. Most of the people who lived there were local skiers and boarders, since there was easy access to the slopes from there. There were some rednecks, near the farming area, but it was actually a pretty liberal area. Colorado State University was located in Fort Collins, so there was a vast majority of potheads and hippies all over the place during the school year.
You were seventeen and had lived in Fort Collins your whole life. It wasnt a bad place to grow up, there were lots of outdoor activities to keep you busy. But you had always wanted a different life. You were always the kid dreaming up big ideas and imagining what life in the city would be like. And thats exactly what you were doing when you had been interrupted by your two best friends, Brittany and Sam.
"So, Dude, have you finished the lyrics yet?" Brittany asked.
"Yeah," you replied reaching your pocket to retrieve your scribbles. Brittany glanced at them, and then nodded approvingly, handing them back to you and turning to Sam.
"Did you get the money?" She asked her hopefully.
Sam looked at her with a look of annoyance, then simply said, "Are you sure you wanna do this, I mean if we fail, then not only will we have dropped out of high school for nothing, but well be stranded and theres no way our families will ever talk to us again"
"Fuck our families. If they cant understand how much this means to us, then we wont thank them when were winning our Grammys, okay?" Brittany said matter of factly, like it was destined that we would win Grammys.
You smiled when she said this. You guys had been practicing your Grammy Speeches since you were seven years old, and God forbid we forgot to thank our families, even though we always did
"Okay," Sam said defeated, "My mom gave me 1200 dollars."
"I got about nine hundred," You said, trying to count how much money you had saved over the past couple of weeks silently in your head.
"And with mine, thats about....Thirty-Two Hundred." Brittany added up in her mind.
"Holy shit, Ive never had that much money before in my life," You said stunned. Just the thought of that much money made you nervous.
The three of you had been planning your escape for the past three years, and were now ready to drop out, move to the city, and get your band out there. None of you had told your parents that, but they would find out eventually when you were all gone.
"Well, I think were ready Pack your shit and Ill come pick you up around midnight, just make sure your front doors are unlocked, that way we wont wake anyone up," Brittany stated, then looked at you, as if expecting you to object suddenly. But you didnt, this time you were ready. This time you wouldnt wuss out at the last second, youd been waiting for this, and it was gonna be everything youd dreamt of. She smiled looking pleased with her self, then turned and walked back to her desk.
This was a weird school day. You suddenly started noticing things youd never noticed before. After all, this was your last day of school.