Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Dawning Of a New Era

When you left the police station two hours later, Billie Joe was waiting for you on the steps. As soon as you reached him, he dipped his head down, and kissed you long and hard. You eased into him, and pressed your body against his. He cupped your cheek as he held the kiss, and slowly moved your lips open to permit his tongue into your mouth.
You hadn't seen Billie in so long, that kissing him was like getting your breath back after drowning. He lowered his arms and wrapped them around your waist, but it was then that you remembered that Sam was still in the hospital.
You gently pushed him away and looked up at him. Suddenly you felt tears coming on, and instantly tried to hide them. But as you turned your head away, he grabbed your cheek and pushed your face towards him. As he examined your eyes, he noticed the tears dwelling in them.
"Whats wrong?" He asked.
"I need to go see Sam," You said. Billie had no idea about her being in the hospital, so he was as confused as ever.
"Uh- okay. Why?" He asked, looking at you with content.
On the way to the hospital you explained the previous nights' events to Billie. He was a little shocked at first, but soon turned his shock into comfort, and he made sure to hold your hand as you walked through the sliding glass doors.
You went in the room alone. She was awake when you closed the door behind you and gave you a weak smile as you sat down beside her.
"How are you?" You asked as you stared at her.
She didn't reply immediately, just looked down at the floor to avoid your eyes. Eventually she said, "This is never gonna work.. And you and I both know it. I hate it here.."
This statement left you in a state of disbelief. "What do you hate?" You asked, losing your mind ever so slowly as she finished her assertion.
"Sage- Brittany is so good at this.. But I can't live a life just because it's what you guys want. Because I'm not sure I ever really did."
"So what are you getting at?" You asked hurriedly.
"I.. I think I'm gonna go back home. I think this is it for me."
"What?! Where are you going? What do you mean that's it for you?!" You were almost yelling, but held your anger back in the hope for a better explanation.
She just looked at you with an apologetic smile.
You waited as the silence broke holes through your heart. Then at last she spoke.
"I'm leaving the band." She said finally.
That was all you needed to permanently break down. These words could not be coming from Sam. After everything you'd been through together, she was just gonna give it up. You stood up. If there was anything you could say, you wouldn't have wasted your breath. You just gave her one last look, and turned to leave her permanently behind. You always loved Sam, but you never wanted to see her again.
----------------------------------------
When you finally arrived home, Brittany was just leaving. She turned to look at you and said, "Did Sam tell you she's quitting?" Brittany spoke with a condescending tone in her voice, and looked at you with disgust. You had the feeling she thought that you were the reason Sam was leaving.
"Yeah, she just told me.." You answered quietly.
Then you noticed that Brittany had something in her hand. You looked down and saw that she was carrying her bags. It seemed she would be leaving as well.
"What are those for," You asked as you pointed at her bags.
"Sage, this whole thing has been a disaster. You're never happy. I mean, we were given everything we ever wanted.. And you never had the courtesy to at least pretend you liked it. You're just a selfish person.. And always will be."
"What? Im selfish?! How is that, because I don't stand in front of the mirror and tell myself how much I rock? Am I selfish because I don't like to whore-it-up in front of every camera I see?!" You almost yelled back.
Two years of resentment for one another was finally making way into the open.
Brittany threw her bag down, and yelled back, "No- You're selfish because you're the only one who didn't want to be a rock-star, but you're the only one who became one!"
She stopped herself from hitting you, and stared at the ground with a fury of emotions traveling through her facial expressions.
"If you really want it that bad, you can have it! You think this was what I wanted? You honestly think my poragative was to be a 'rock star'?! I fucking hate it!" You yelled back.
Her anger ceased slightly, and she controlled herself enough to say, "You are so fucking ungrateful. I got you out of Colorado- out of our shitty home town. You were the one who always bitched about how much you wanted to leave, how badly you wanted to escape. I got you out of there, and you still haven't found what you're missing.. When are you going to realize that life isn't perfect and never will be? The grass is never greener on the other side, you just think it is."
Her last words struck a chord inside you. It was hard to believe that someone you hated so much, knew you so well. You never knew exactly what you wanted, but knew that you needed something different then what you were given.
"You're right. Life isn't perfect. But imperfection isn't the same thing as misery. I can live with imperfection, I've lived with it my whole life. But I can't live with misery."
She nodded, and said, "Then I guess you and Billie deserve each other. Imperfection is his thing."
You didn't answer, just stared at her in hatred. Eventually you asked, "So does this mean you quit as well?" As you asked this, Brittany picked up her bags and adjusted them on her shoulder.
"I can do better on my own. You were never very good anyways." She said as she looked at you in aversion.
"It's hard to be good when you're surrounded by detrimental ignorance." You answered simply.
Brittany smiled. It was the perfect ending of a friendship. Indeed, it was long-overdue.
And then she left.