Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Everyday

"I lied!" You yelled back, wiping your tears, then turned to find a seat on the bus.
As you sat down you reached for your ring, which had been in pocket since you found it underneath the couch that morning, and threw it roughly behind you.
"Ow!" You heard someone yell from behind you, "Do you always throw things at people?!"
"Oh! I'm so sorry," You said quickly, through watery eyes, and turned around to see none other then Danee rubbing her forehead, and cursing under her breath.
"Hey- Sage?! What are you doing here, I thought you were staying with Billie tonight?" She asked.
"I-ah.. I decided he'd be better off on his own.." You said, as you turned your face to wipe your tears.
She must've noticed you were crying, because she bent over, picked up your ring, and slid into the seat across from you.
"Are you okay?" She asked quietly.
"Yeah, I'm fine," You lied.
"I'm guessing this is yours," She said as she reached over and handed you the ring. You took it and stared at it for a second. "Is..is that your engagement ring?" She asked cautiously.
"Sort of.." You said, as you stuffed it back in your pocket.
She nodded her head slowly, then turned and stared out the window.
"He talks about you a lot." She stated, and kept her eyes away from yours. "He has this picture.. he carries it everywhere. That's how I knew what you looked like before we even met." You rolled your eyes, and continued staring at the floor. It was quiet for a second longer, then Danee broke the silence by adding, "He even tapes it up above the mixing board when he's working in the studio.."
"Whatever.." You whispered under your breath.
"That's why I was so confused when I heard what happened.." She went on.
"What did you hear happened?" You asked, furrowing your eyebrows.
"Well.. You know, that you were seeing someone else," She answered sadly.
"Yeah, well you heard wrong," you said coldly, as a second wave of tears made their way to your eyes. You reached up, and pulled the line, signaling that you were ready to get off, even though you had no clue where you were.
The bus stopped suddenly, and you quickly stood up.
Danee did the same, but just to call after you, "Sage, I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it!"
You looked back, and saw her reaching into her pocket for her phone. She pulled it out and began dialing, but looked up once more to catch your eye and say, "I'm really sorry.."
You got off the bus, and immediately kicked the first thing that came in contact with your foot. After painfully stubbing your toe, you sat down on the curb and cried harder then you've ever cried before, burying your face in your knees.
As the minutes passed you got colder and colder, and eventually your fingers felt like icicles. When you finally looked up from the street, you noticed you were in a dark, unfamiliar neighborhood. As you stood up, you wiped your eyes once more, then began searching for a payphone. When none could be found, you kicked the street once again, then hopelessly looked around.
There was no point in standing around waiting for something that was never gonna come, so you began walking in the direction you were guessing was the way to your apartment.
At last, you saw a bus coming and slowed down waiting for it to stop for you. But as it got closer, it became more and more clear that it wasn't a public transportation bus, but an old book mobile.
It became increasingly clear that it was Billie, so you angrily turned around and began walking in the opposite direction.
The mobile stopped and Billie Joe jumped out and ran after you.
"Sage! Sage- just wait a second," He yelled, out of breath, as he reached out and roughly pulled you back.
"Get OFF of me!" You screamed, and randomly began hitting whatever part of him you could possibly reach.
But he didn't let you go, he just grabbed your other arm and held them tightly by the wrists. You were completely hysterical by that point, and your face was damp with tears.
"Sage.. Sage, relax," He said as he finally got you to calm down. He reached up and stroked your hair, pulling you into a tight hug.
You settled down for a second, but not for long. "No! No- I hate you," You trembled.
He pulled your head forward from the back of your neck, and pressed his forehead against yours. You coarsely attempted to pull away from him, but his grip was too tight.
"What do you think?! Do you think you can just hug me every time you fuck up, and everything will just be okay?!" You cried, hitting his side with your fist. "Well you cant! It's not okay, I'm not okay!" You attempted to yell, even though you were completely out of breath.
Billie Joe just shook his head, and continued stroking your hair. You tried for a while longer to pry yourself free of his grasp, but to no avail. And after a couple minutes of crying and shaking with anger, you gave in, and hugged him back.
He held you so tightly it almost hurt. And when he finally let go, you felt numb to emotion. You backed away slowly, and felt dizzier with every step. When you finally looked up at Billie, he was staring at you.
"I feel like an idiot.." Was all he said.
"You are." You interrupted.
Billie raised his eyebrows, and continued, "When I thought you were cheating on me.. I lost my mind. So.. I drank. I guess because it made you vanish from my thoughts.. Because you consumed every thought I had. Everyday I'd wake up, and everyday I'd attempt to call you. But I couldn't go through with it. I couldn't bring myself to listen to your voice, because every time I'm near you I lose all train of thought."
"Oh- poor you!" You said, callously. "You're right! It's my fault I was having an affair with someone who doesn't even exist! Why don't I just forgive you for fucking someone else?! I mean- It was just revenge, right?!" I yelled sarcastically.
"No- That's not your fault, but- What?! Do you hate me now?! How do you think I felt?! I mean.. she told me that it had been going on for months! And I tell you about one lousy night, and all of the sudden you loathe me?! One night! And you don't love me anymore! But even though I was told that you had been cheating on me for MONTHS, I never stopped loving you. I never let go. And despite what I was told, everyday I loved you more and more!" He practically yelled.
He paused, and waited for your reaction. When he got none, he just went on to say, "The night with Brittany.. I honestly don't even remember it. All I remember was hearing about Hayden.. And drinking..a lot."
You rolled your eyes and looked away.
Suddenly, Billie jolted towards you, and grabbed your hand. "Where's your ring?" He asked.
You reached in your pocket, and pulled out your engagement ring, throwing it at Billie's chest. He reached out and caught it before it hit the pavement. He examined it for second, and then looked back at you.
"I guess you don't want this anymore.." He muttered under his breath.
"No.. I mean.. I don't know what I want." You whispered.
Billie entwined his fingers with your hand, and pressed his cheek against your cheek, kissing the side of your face in the process.
"I don't know." You said as you pushed him off of you. "I just.. I can't even look at you without thinking about Brittany.. And the two of you together."
"No, Brittany is a manipulative bitch.. She just wanted to hurt you, Sage. Don't let her.." He said, staring into your eyes, desperately trying to spare himself and not cry.
You stared back, but despite how much you wanted to forgive him, and kiss him, and believe that everything was alright, you couldn't bring yourself to do it. "Maybe.. Maybe some time apart wouldn't be so bad, Billie."
He shook his head, "Sage, I am so sorry! I-I'll do anything, just..just give me one more chance.." He cried, cupping your face with his hand, and resting his forehead upon yours. But this time you were going to be strong. You gently pulled his arm down, and whispered;
"I love you.. But I just can't be with you right now.."
Billie stood there completely dumbfounded. He never would have believed that after all the pleading he had done, you'd still say no.
"I'm sorry," You said, as you looked into his now tear soaked eyes. As you turned and walked away, you heard a heavy thud on the pavement behind you. When you looked to see what it was, you saw Billie sitting in the same position you had been in just half and hour earlier; Sitting on the curb, with his head in his hands, silently tugging at his hair.