Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Malicious

Whenever Monday rolled around these days, you had to get into the habit of waking up at Eight O' Clock in the morning. This was due to the fact that you now had an actual job, for the first time in your life. It made you wonder how people could do this everyday of their lives for years on end. It seemed almost suicidal to you, but then again, you had a great job.
You were given the position after a local record label heard you playing at a small club downtown. The chairman of the label came up to you after the show, and asked if you were in the need of some extra cash. Seeing as how everybody is, you gladly accepted.
Your job was basically to be the apprentice of some different producers, and help the not-so-talented bands write songs. That was your forte after all, so you didn't whine. You were being paid to hang-out in a studio all day writing songs. What was there to complain about?
Everything was finally going to be normal in your life. In the time since you met Danee, the two of you had become really close, and were currently bumming studio time off of your bosses who would let you use their studios if you worked late; Which was not a problem. Every night after the rest of the employees left, you guys would find yourselves an empty room, and play your hearts out. Danee was an amazing drummer, and every time you heard her play, she impressed you even more then before. Not only that, but her goals were much like your's, which meant you weren't fighting over the direction of your music.
One day, on your lunch break, you met with her across town at a small cafe.
In the time since Billie and you broke up (Which was about two months), she had still maintained a healthy relationship with Tre and Mike, who were two of her best friends. But in order to salvage her friendship with you, had steered clear of Billie Joe.
The two of you were seated outside, mostly so that Danee could smoke, and you were silently watching as the people passed.
Suddenly her phone rang.
"Hello?" She said as she put out her cigarette on the table. You took a drink of your soda, and busied yourself by scratching the paint off of the railing beside you.
"Hey! Whats up?" She said to the person on the other line, as she looked up at you. "Uh, Yeah- She's here. We're just getting some lunch. Why?" She paused for a second, but kept glancing up at you with unease. "Umm, I'm not sure she'll go for that.. But I'll ask, okay?" By this point you were dying to know what was going on, and motioned for her to tell you who it was she was talking to. She merely waved you off, and continued, "Yeah, I'll definitely ask.. Just, don't count on it." There was another pause, then she finally hung up, and turned to look at you.
"That was Mike," She said, looking at you with apprehension.
"Yeah.. And?" You asked.
"Well, the guys were just wondering if we'd go to their album launch party in two weeks.." She said, avoiding eye contact with you. "I told him I'd ask.. But you don't have to go if you dont want to.. Like if you're not.. you know; Comfortable."
You thought for a second, then decided it was a horrible idea for you to go anywhere near Billie at this point.
"Uh.. I think I'll have to take a rain check on that.." You said.
"I figured you'd say that.. But, Mike thought I should at least ask. Especially with Tre in the back round yelling about how; 'She better come, or I'll go drag her ass down here myself'," Danee said, imitating Tre's voice.
"Yeah.. I just don't think it's such a great idea to see Billie Joe again. Plus, he'll probably have a new girlfriend, and that would just be awkward," You said.
"Uh.. doubt it." She said whilst laughing.
"What do mean?" You said, laughing as well.
"Well- Billie's not exactly getting a lot of action these days," She said, taking a drink of her soda.
"Hmm.." You said quietly, pretending not to care. "What do you mean by that?"
"I mean; every time I've seen him lately, he's just kind of sulking around. That or drinking a lot," She answered.
You laughed, and said, "Yeah.. That sounds like Billie. Well, the drinking does at least."
Later on that day, Danee was dropping you off at work, when the two of you heard someone calling your names. "Sage!" You heard behind you. And lone behold, when you turned around you spotted Tre walking towards you.
"Hey, Tre," You said, as he came over and gave you a big hug.
When he finally released you, he looked you up and down, then said, "You don't look so good," laughing in the process.
"Hey!" You said as you punched his arm.
He winced slightly, but brushed it off as he went in for a hug with Danee.
As you stood and watched you felt dire, partly because you missed hanging out with the guys, but mostly because seeing Tre made you truly miss Billie for the first time since breaking up. For some reason his presence brought back a thousand memories you had made, and tried brutally to forget. For the first time since telling Billie you weren't in love with him, you actually felt like you wanted him back.
You shook your head quickly, and ignored your lingering thoughts. Even if you did want him back, he would never return. Every second you thought about it, you felt more and more guilty. What you had said to him was worse then mean, it was malicious and uncaring. How could you have treated someone you loved so much at one point, so horribly bad?
Just then, Tre turned to you and asked, "Sage; You're coming to the launch, right?"
"Eh.. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.. I'm so sorry, Tre. You know I'd die to be there," You answered.
He looked disappointed for a second, but then turned to Danee whispering something in her ear. She nodded and laughed, then both of them turned their attention back to you.
"Sage, You're gonna come. You have to," Tre said sternly. "I promise you won't have to talk to Billie Joe if you don't want to. But at least come for Mike and I. We're your friends too, ya know."
You thought about it for a second, then decided that he was right. You did miss them as well. So, going against your better judgment, you agreed to go to the launch in two weeks; To which Tre was elated, and Danee was anxious. And you, of course, were feeling more then a little uneasy about the whole situation. But you would dwell more on that when the time came. At the moment, you were tired and extremely late for work...