Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Unexpected

It was 3 O' Clock, and you had absolutely nothing to wear. Normally this would not be a problem you would dwell upon, but tonight was different. Tonight would be the first time you've seen Billie Joe since respectfully breaking his heart; Almost three months to be exact.
You threw every piece of clothing you owned around your apartment, then ruffled through it all again. Still, there was nothing.
"What the hell do you wear to a launch?!" You asked yourself as you scanned the heaps of clothes consuming your home.
You ran over to your phone, and quickly dialed Danee for help.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Danee! What the fuck am I supposed to wear to this thing?!" You asked as you glanced across the room into the mirror seeing the mess that was your hair.
"Hey, chill," She said calmly. "I'll be over in a second, just.. relax."
You took a deep breath, and sat down, waiting for rescue.
Finally, Danee walked in. She was already dressed, and looked spectacular. You'd never seen Danee in a short sleeve shirt let alone a beautiful dress. Moreover, a beautiful gown. You stared enviously at her, knowing that no matter what you would look hideous next to her.
"Are we supposed to wear something that nice?" You asked looking at her gorgeous evening dress.
"Uh, Yeah," She said as if you should already have known that. "Sage, you had your own launch party once before, what were people wearing there?"
"Good point," You said remembering your own lavish party.
Danee raised her eyebrows at you, then immediately began looking around your apartment and started shifting clothes around the room. "Sage, you are such a mess," She said laughing as she threw away an old pizza box. "This place is disgusting."
"Gee, thanks," You said sarcastically.
"And all your clothes are dirty. No wonder you can't find anything," She said looking up at you from the floor, which she was in the process of cleaning.
"You don't have to do that," You said as you pulled her up, "Just.. Find me something to wear."
"Well, what do you wanna wear?" She asked looking at you confused.
"I don't know! Why do you think I called you!"
"Okay, okay. I have an idea. Do you just wanna go buy something new? I'll take where I got my dress," She asked, smiling. "And don't worry, it's really good deals."
"I hate shopping," You muttered quietly.
"I know, me too," She said, "But it'll be really quick, I promise."
After managing to convince you to go shopping, the two of you made your way over to a little dress shop in down town. It was stunning on the inside as well as the outside, and gave you the all too familiar feeling that you did not belong.
A women walked out of a side door, and motioned for you guys to follow her.
Once you arrived into the main part of the store, you looked around at all the luxurious dresses, knowing you definitely did not fit in here. There were a million dresses, or at least it looked like there was, but you were a horrible shopper, so you just let the lady choose the one she thought would look best on you.
The dress she chose was strapless and came down to around your knees. It was black, and had a beautiful bell that flared out at your waist. The hem had black lace that wrapped around the top and bottom of the gown. All in all, it was unbelievable, but you weren't too sure that it was unbelievable on you. You felt uncomfortable, and for some reason you felt like poser. Like one of those girls that suddenly dyed their hair black, and said they were punk, only in the opposite sense. You felt like you didn't belong in that dress.
At that moment, Danee walked into the dressing room and gasped, "Dude, you look.. Totally not you."
"I know," You said anxiously. "Maybe I just shouldn't go. I feel like an idiot in this thing."
"Shut up, Sage," She said, shaking her head in amusement. "You look amazing, and you're going whether you like it or not." You raised your eyebrows at her, then turned back to your reflection. It just wasn't right, you thought to yourself.
When the lady walked in, her reaction was much like Danee's. She was carrying shoes, and ordered you to put them on.
And then the outfit was complete. You stared blankly at yourself, knowing how fake you felt on the inside. But it was just for one night, so you quieted your inner protests, and bought the dress. When you were finally done at the shop, it was already 6:58, and the party was supposed to start at 7.
Danee called a cab, and the two of you headed to the launch. When your cab drove up to the building that it was to be held at, the two of you realized just how late you really were. Everyone had already entered the ballroom, so you guys just snuck in through a side door, hoping that no one noticed how rude you were.
When you got into the main ballroom, you were relieved to see that you weren't too dressed up, in fact; You were a little too dressed down. Everyone looked amazing, and it reminded you a bit of a storybook. Except for the giant billboard of the guys new album cover, "Dookie". You laughed at how out of place it looked amongst the gowns and suits, but knew that it was the touch of Green Day that the place needed.
Your eyes wandered from the billboard to the people standing in front of it. There was Tim, the CEO of your former record label, Reprise, who was talking to some men in suits.
Then one of the men he was talking to turned around, and you saw him. He looked taller, and tanner, and happy. You smiled because that was the one thing you wanted Billie Joe to be; Happy. He was laughing and carrying a drink, talking to everyone. It was weird seeing him in a suit, almost as weird as seeing yourself in a dress.
And then he spotted you. It was the most awkward moment of your entire life. He stared at you for a couple seconds, then looked away. You turned to your right and grabbed a drink from the guy next to you, swallowing it in one gulp. Then when you looked back, he was gone. You scanned the area where he was a moment ago, but never found him.
After giving up, you walked around looking for someone you knew. You found that in Mike, when he came up behind you and caught you in a tight hug, scaring you in the process.
"Why so jumpy?!" He asked as you pulled away.
"Guess I'm just a little uncomfortable," You sighed looking down at yourself.
Mike looked down as well, but had a different opinion. "Are you kidding?! You look great!"
"You're not so bad yourself," you said laughing, as you admired his suit.
But just then, Tim called Mike over to do some mingling. Mike sighed, and looked back at you. "I hate mingling," He said, looking around disgusted at the guests. You nodded in agreement, smiling. Mike hugged you once more, saying, "You've never looked so beautiful," in your ear. "Billie's gonna be kicking himself when he sees you."
You flashed a shy smile, then stepped aside so Mike could walk over to Tim.
A little later you found yourself at the bar staring at nothing. You hadn't seen Billie Joe since that brief awkward moment, and for some reason you really wanted to talk to him. But you were sitting alone surrounded by a bunch of rich people wearing a dress that just wasn't you. You found yourself wondering why you'd even bothered coming in the first place. This wasn't a place you belonged. As you came to this realization, you stood up and began looking for Danee. You were definitely ready to go home. When she was no where to be found, you decided you'd just leave without her.
The main door was completely blocked off, so you headed to the side door Danee and you had entered earlier that night.
You flung the door open, and to your surprise, ran strait into Billie Joe. You backed up quickly and shifted about nervously. He looked relaxed and wasn't surprised whatsoever. Billie smiled at you, then took another long drag of his cigarette.
"Oh.. I'm sorry," You said slowly and quietly.
Billie Joe grinned at you, then flicked his cigarette off into the street. "Don't worry about it," He said.
"Uh.. So- How are you?" You asked hesitantly.
"I'm doing good," He answered nonchalantly, never breaking eye contact with you. "How about you?" He asked.
"I'm.. I'm fine.." You stuttered.
Billie smiled once more, then leaned against the brick wall next to him, crossing his arms and staring at you. Billie looked so different, it was almost like you were meeting him for the first time. The label must've assigned him a stylist or something, because you suddenly found yourself nervously twisting your hair around your pointer finger. You were acting like a thirteen year old girl would act around her crush. It was ridiculous, but you couldn't stop yourself. His new born confidence was making you both anxious and excited.
For the first time since meeting Billie Joe, you were actually feeling tense around him.
And Billie could tell, he grinned even more when he saw the way you were looking at him. You quickly shook your head, and your thoughts, and said, "You.. you look good."
"Nah. They just gave me these fancy clothes and had professionals do my hair. It's still me, I promise," He laughed. "But, wow- I've never seen you so.. stunning." He said as he looked you up and down.
You shook your head once more, and shyly stepped back. But Billie stepped forward. You hesitated for a second, but he still leaned in and kissed you long and hard. Soon, he had you pressed up against the brick wall. You accidentally let a quiet moan out, and Billie began moving his hand down to your waist.
"Wait!" You said as you shoved him off of you. "This-this is wrong."
Billie Joe smiled, and hugged you. "It's good to see you again," He whispered in your ear.
When he released you he looked down for a second, then regained his new cocky attitude, and said, "I'm glad you came." Then he headed for the door. But before he was completely gone, he turned to look at you and added, "You are so gorgeous.. Take my breath away every time."
And with that, he was gone. Leaving you alone once again.