Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Wide Eyes

After rummaging through your closet for hours, you at last found something suitable for the night. It wasn't necessarily something youd usually wear, but you wanted to make an impression on Billie. You had chosen to wear a strapless white dress that flared at your hips into a beautiful skirt that went down to your knees. It was actually Brittany's, and she had left it behind after moving out. Once again you felt fake, and you knew that you looked it. But you wanted to blow Billie Joe away, and there was not a chance in hell he expected you to turn up tonight looking like this.
"Sage?" You heard Danee say as she walked into your apartment.
"Back here," You indicated from the mirror in your room.
"Holy shit, you look good!" She spat as soon as she walked through your bedroom door. Danee looked you up and down gasping, then said, "This is your plan? You're gonna look as good as possible and then he'll just forgive you for everything?" She added doubtfully.
"Well.. It's part of my plan.." You answered as you slid on your high heels. You had forgotten to tell her that the whole point of tonight was to supposedly get her and Mike together.
She looked down at herself desolately. "Where exactly are we going that we need to dress up so much?" She asked.
"Billie made reservations at some nice restaurant in San Francisco," You answered. This was true, Billie had planned to take the four of you to this really ample restaurant in downtown San Francisco.
"What?! We're going to San Francisco? When exactly were you planning on telling me this?" She asked confused. The truth was; You weren't planning on telling her ever. If Danee found out what lies you had told to get tonight to happen, she'd have killed you by now.
"I didn't know until a couple minutes ago," You lied.
She raised her eyebrows at you in a questioningly way. "Well, now I'm totally dressed down."
"It's okay!" You said excitedly as you ran to the closet. "Brittany left behind a ton of gorgeous dresses; Take your pick!"
Danee looked at you with disgust. "Since when do you take joy in wearing dresses?" She asked. You winced at these words. It was absolutely true. You hated wearing these sorts of things, it wasn't you at all. But you couldn't explain to her how much you wanted Billie back, and this seemed like the only way.
After a half hour of changing clothes she found the perfect one, and the two of you sat down in anticipation of the guys.
Finally, you heard a knock at the door. Billie's voice came from the hall yelling, "Sage?!"
You stood up quickly and rounded the corner of the hallway to see both Billie Joe and Mike in black suits. You let out a laugh at how uncomfortable they both looked, and understood completely. Billie Joe looked up from the cuff of his jacket that he was fidgeting with, and his jaw dropped open. He stared at you like he did the night of their album launch. You felt nervous and rubbed the back of your neck in anxiousness. Mike looked at you for a second, and then walked into the living room to talk Danee, leaving Billie and you alone.
"Hey," Was all Billie said as he continued gazing upon you. You smiled a little, and then turned to get your jacket. Billie reached out to the coat rack and grabbed it before you could. He put it on your shoulders, and moved towards the side of your face, whispering, "You look stunning," In your ear from behind. You blushed intently, and looked down at your feet.
"Thanks," You said through red cheeks. Billie's lips were still near your ear and you could feel his hot breath on the side of your face. You turned around so that your faces were less then an inch away from each other. "We should go," You said as you backed up, still staring at your feet.
Billie smiled and shook his head as he looked up at you. "You look so different lately.." He said as he gaped at you. You shifted about uncomfortably as he spoke, praying that he felt the same as you did.
Danee and Mike walked in the room and interrupted whatever was going on between Billie and you.
"Hey guys; We're starving, can we leave yet?" Asked Mike impatiently.
"Yeah," You said quickly. For some reason you were constantly nervous around Billie Joe lately. You hesitated when he came near you and could never talk to him without stuttering. Suddenly you werent too excited about tonight, and just wanted to get this dinner over with without making an ass out of yourself.
When the four of you arrived at the restaurant you were seated into a corner booth next to a small water fall that was built into the wall and put behind glass. You stared at it in awe as you sat down.
"Since when do you guys eat at such fancy places?" Danee asked suspiciously.
"Uh- Since we can afford it," Billie said like it was no big deal. You shot him a cold look but then looked back at your menu. You weren't sure you liked this particular part of the new Billie Joe. Ever since Green Day played Woodstock, Billie's head must've grown three times its original size.
When you looked up again, he was still staring at you.
"What? Does that make you angry?" He asked innocently. You shook your head, and looked back at the waterfall making sure to avoid eye contact. He rolled his eyes and went back to looking at the menu.
Two hours later everything was going great. You had forgotten your momentary hatred of Billie Joe and engaged in a mild flirtation with him for the rest of the night.
Then Billie's phone rang and went outside to take it. Mike went to the bathroom, leaving Danee and you alone at last.
"Things are perfect!" You said excitedly. "Look, I'm gonna leave with him now," You said.
Danee laughed at first, and then when she realized you were serious got incredibly pissed off. "Are you kidding me?!" She almost yelled. "You're just gonna leave me here?!"
"No," You said in your defense, "You'll be with Mike."
"Ugh! What is up with you pushing me on Mike all night? He's my FRIEND!" She said.
At that moment Billie walked back to the table. "Hey, I'm so sorry you guys, I have to leave," He said looking at the two of you apologetically. "You want a ride home, Sage?"
"Yeah," You said getting up quickly. "Danee, it's okay if you just stay and finish dinner with Mike, right?"
She just looked at you shock. After a moment of silence, she said, "Umm... I guess it's okay.."
"Cool!" Billie said, and grabbed your arm pulling you out of the restaurant. When you got outside you looked around for his car.
"Uh- How're we leaving, exactly?" You asked.
"Oh, I'm leaving the car for Mike. The whole point of tonight was to get him and Danee together anyways." Billie answered.
"Okay, So how are we getting home?"
"I thought we could walk for a while.. Then take a bus the rest of the way," He answered, looking up at you and smiling.
You laughed, and then said, "I'm gonna have to walk home in high heels?" You looked down at your feet and then back at Billie Joe. He just laughed and looked at you disappointedly.
"Since when do you wear high heels, anyway?" He asked. You ignored him and began walking towards the nearest bus stop. "Wait, Sage.." Billie called as he ran after you. "Sage; Who are you?" He asked.
"What?" You asked in response.
"You know what I mean- I've never seen you in a dress before, and lately, you seem to enjoy it!" He almost yelled. "I don't even know you any more! The girl I fell in love with, would never waste her time with such a petty task of trying to be 'pretty' for anyone!"
"Excuse me?! You think I like this?! Well, news flash, Billie, I fucking hate it. And I only do it for you!"
He stepped back a little in surprise, then said coldly, "This is not my problem. And I don't wanna fight with you anymore." He paused for a second and tried desperately not to make eye contact with you by staring at the lamp post behind you. Then he looked up into your eyes an said, "Sage, this is what you wanted, not me, and I'm not gonna suffer for your decisions ever again."
With that he began to walk away, but before he could get too far, you did something youd never done before. You walked up behind him, grabbed his shoulder and pulled him around.
"What-" He asked confused, but you dipped in and kissed him passionately and deep before he could finish his sentence. Billie Joe's wide eyes shut immediately as he kissed you back mirroring your ardor. He reached up and caressed your face while you grabbed him by the back of the neck and pulled him closer to you. Billie's hands made their way down to your hips and pulled your lower region against his.
But Billie pulled away from you for the first time, and said, "Sage.. I can't even look at you."
"What do mean?" You asked desperately.
"You..you broke my heart, that's what.. I'm not sure I can ever love the same way I used to.." He looked up at you and you caught a glimpse of the tears that were now forming within his eyes. He quickly shut them and turned away, saying, "I.. I just can"t."
You stared at him for a second wondering if he was even being serious. You slowly backed away, still staring at him. "Fine," You said as you began to tear up, and turned to run in the other direction. You could hear Billie calling your name behind you, but you kept going. You had never put yourself out like that before, and you were pretty sure you were never gonna do it again.