Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Wonderwall

~Billies POV~
"Sage!" He yelled after her, but he yelled with true disdain. Billie didnt really want her to come back. As she disappeared from view he felt his stomach settle slightly and huge amount of relief twist throughout his heart. Sage was almost too much to take sometimes. She could bring him to places he never imagined, then tear him down once again. After three years of loving her so much it almost hurt, she found a way to turn the pain of happiness into the pain of heartbreak. It wasn't like he hated her; That was impossible. But he couldn't overcome the feeling of hatred that she had left within him after ripping him apart. That's why after she ran away, Billie got his breath back in every respect. His heart slowed down, and the feeling of his legs came back. Sage was so painful, it hurt him just to look at her. The person he could've had, but lost somehow. She was an aching memory that he never wanted to forget. But there was a difference between never forgetting, and always remembering. No matter how much he wanted her back, Billie just couldn't let go of those words she'd said to him. He never thought she could say such things to him, and actually mean them. And that was why he let her go. The memory of her was just too sore within his mind for him to ever look at her the way he used to.
Billie walked to the curb and hailed a taxi. He directed the driver to take him back to his home in Oakland, and sat quietly for the rest of the ride.
When he finally stepped through the front door he threw himself down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. Soon, Tre walked into the living room, and noticed Billie Joe's poignant figure. He sat down on the other couch and looked at Billie solemnly.
"How was it?" He asked.
Billie removed his gaze from the ceiling and looked at Tre. "I kissed her," He said. "Well.. She kissed me."
Tre's face lit up, "So, does this mean you guys are gonna get back together?"
Billie just shook his head. "I don't think thats gonna happen," He said forlornly. Tre slumped down slightly. "She's just... She's so.. Annoying, sometimes. Sage can never just make up her mind. She loves me, she hates me, she changes it so often. How do I know that she's serious this time?"
Tre bit his lip and nodded.
"I'm tired," Billie sighed. And with that, he bid Tre goodbye and went to sleep hours earlier then he was used to.
------------------------------------------------------
~Your POV~
You woke up in a sweaty frantic. As you lifted your head slowly, you gazed around your empty apartment. Moonlight from the window was lightly covering the cold, wood floors, and out of the corner of your eye you saw the glistening of a ring being sheltered by the beam. It was the ring Billie Joe left for you in his letter, and even though you no longer held any wish to wear it, you still loved the moment it represented. You got out of bed and picked it up, examining the band as you buckled down onto your mattress.
It was like holding a piece of him in your palm. You squeezed it tightly and closed your eyes. You could feel the small inscriptions as they pressed against your fingers. There was the familiar feel of the same old words youd heard a million times. There was the memory that it held and it stung your skin as you held it. And then you put it back on your finger where it belonged.
The feeling of letting him slip through your fingers made you sick to your stomach. And that was the moment you had to something about it. You slid your shoes on, quickly ran out the door in your slip alone, hailing a taxi when you made it to the curb. As you sat down in the seat, you thought about the possibility that he would just say the same thing again, but you had to find out for yourself.
Just as you made it to the block of his house, you felt restless and nervous, and suddenly began to have a trace of doubt in your heart. You paid the driver, and stood there staring at the brick wall in front of you.
Before you could change your mind, you rang the buzzer to his apartment. Billie Joe's groggily voice sounded over the speaker.
"What?" He groaned.
You hesitated slightly before saying, "It's.. Sage."
There was no reply, and you waited anxiously shivering in the cold. Suddenly, you saw Billie running down the stairs. He stopped in front of the door, and glanced at you sadly, then turned the knob. As he closed it behind him, he pulled off his jacket, then turned and wrapped it around your shoulders. You could feel his hot breath on the side of your face as he did this, and smiled.
"What are you doing?" He asked after you'd pulled it on all the way. He was looking at you in amusement, and leaned against the wall beside him as he took in your freezing figure.
You grinned and looked down at your feet. "I missed you.." You said slowly.
Billie Joe went from smiling to rubbing the back of his neck and shaking his head. "Sage.. I love you.. You know that."
"Then what's the problem?" You blurted out, moving closer to him.
He stepped closer to you, and lifted his head so his face was an inch away from yours, his breath pelting your lips with warmth. Then he looked directly in your eyes, and said, "I just don't believe that you actually mean it this time. After everything I did for you, I had no idea you could be that cold... I killed Adam for you.."
You winced at those words, then bit your lip, and stared so deeply in his eyes that you could almost read his thoughts. He stared back, and there was a long moment of silence.
Finally, you nodded, excepting it the best you could. "You're right," You said. "I..I'm sorry. I never thought I hurt you that badly.."
Billie closed his eyes and pressed his cheek against yours, whispering, "You could never really hurt me enough," In your ear. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as he backed away still staring at you.
You were getting ready to leave, then turned to him as you handed him back his coat and said, "I'm sure you've heard it all before, and you've never really had a doubt. I think 'I love you' has been used way too many times, and we've depleted whatever meaning it had left. By now you've probably somehow found a way to be happy without me. But I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do, not even you."
And with that, you walked away confidently for the first time in your life, leaving Billie Joe speechless behind you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do
About you now
Backbeat the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now...
'Wonderwall' By Oasis