Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Fire Escape

You shook your head, and then made your way into the living room, only to find an array of candles littering the apartment. Sitting right in the middle of it all was a large box wrapped with silver wrapping paper, and covered in purple bows and ribbon. You looked back at Billie, and he nodded for you to go forward and open it. The grin upon his face was so big, and you could tell hed been planning this for a while.
Steadily, you made your way to the present and carefully opened it. Once you removed the ribbon, you picked off the top and found a box full of paper.
"What is this?" You asked, masking your disappointment.
"Open it all the way before you let your hopes down," Billie answered, still grinning. You looked back down at the present in front of you and sighed. Then you reached forward and searched carefully through the mounds of thin, purple paper.
And finally you found what Billie must have been indicating. Your hands traced the smooth cloth to the lining of pearls and lace. Your eyes widened and your mouth dropped as you pulled a striking, extensive white dress out of all the paper surrounding it.
You stood up with the gown held tightly within your grasp, and let the rest of the fabric drop to the floor in front of you. Lace lined the outer edges of the gown, and the strapless beauty flared into a big bell at the hips with an amazing train. The dress looked, not to mention felt, like it must have cost a million dollars. Disappointment that had previously entered your thought vanished completely, and what had felt like the hardest day of your pregnancy yet, turned out to be the happiest.
"Billie," You whispered in awe as you stared at the white silk.
Footsteps sounded in the background and the next thing you knew he was standing right behind you. Slowly, he traced the skin around your neckline, then briefly reached into his pocket to retrieve a long, velvet box.
Moments after he opened it, you broke your gaze upon the dress and looked down at what he was holding. Billie smiled, and moved a little more behind you, before placing a magnificent, silver and pearl necklace around your neck, and tickling you slightly as his fingers grazed gently across your skin. Then you felt his lips on the crow of your neck, and heard him say, "What about right now?" He kissed the skin sweetly as he spoke, and then waited for a response.
"Right now for what?" You asked softly.
"What if we got married right now?" Billie asked, and you turned around to see him staring you down sweetly.
Almost as if on cue, you heard a tap on the window by the fire escape. Your head darted to the wall opposite you and looked to see what the noise was coming from. Standing on the fire escape, in black slacks and a white button up shirt, was Mike. He was beaming at the two of you, and must not have realized that he was in fact ruining the moment. A smile made its way to your face as you comprehended how much work Billie must have put into this.
"I would love that," You said, looking back and Billie Joe and grinning. But when reality found its way back into your brain, you stopped abruptly. "Wait. Where exactly were you planning on doing this?"
"What do you think Mike's doing on the fire escape?" Billie said sarcastically, "Just hanging out?"
"What? I don't-" But before you could say anything else, the window that Mike was sitting outside opened, and a beautifully dressed Danee crawled through, high heels and all. You resisted the urge to laugh as she stumbled through the window in a black satin dress.
"Why aren't you dressed?" She asked looking back and forth between Billie and you.
Billie laughed, then said, "I only just asked her."
Danee stumbled back a little more, "Oh, sorry!" She said as her face turned bright red. "Guess I ruined the moment.." With that she reached for the window sill, but you pulled her back.
"It's alright, I need your help," You said.
She smiled, then walked over to your dress and picked it up. The two of you went into you and Billies bedroom, and she helped you get into your ideal dress.
"One question," You said as she started doing your hair, "Am I getting married on the fire escape?"
Danee burst into laughter with that statement, then answered simply, "Just wait. I promise your wedding will not take place on a fire escape." You sighed a sigh of relief, and stared blankly at the wall in front of you as she put your hair up into an intricate bun. She left most of your hair loose, and let your bangs fall gently across your face.
Twenty minutes later she let you see yourself in the mirror with everything on. It was spectacular.
"How did Billie know my size?" You asked, examining the perfect fit of the staggering dress.
"I helped him," Danee answered, flashing you a sweet smile. You looked down at the ground and couldn't help but grin.
When you got to the window, you looked nervously at Danee. "I have to climb out the window in my dress?" You asked laughing. "Ha, only at my wedding would something like this happen." She smiled, and assisted you onto the fire escape. When you got outside you were met by four arms, belonging to Mike and Tre, which helped you up. They escorted you up the staircase until you made it to the roof. With one last pull, they carefully heaved you up to your feet, and the sight nearly knocked you out.
The roof of the building was completely drenched in candles and roses. You actually made a mental note to watch where you were standing, to not risk the chance of catching on fire in your perfect dress. Mike and Tre walked down what looked like path of white satin that lead straight to Billie Joe, who was looking at you like his heart just stopped.
You averted your gaze to the people standing around the path of white linen, and saw more then a few familiar faces. There was only about twelve people there, but it was enough just having Billie. Standing right at the edge of the end of the walkway, was none other then Sam. She looked at you apprehensively, and smiled. You returned her grin, and then looked back at Billie.
The only light on that roof was the faint glow of hundreds of candles that were lining the edges of it, and the distant shimmer of the thousands of stars that were watching over you. A slight breeze was present, and your loose hair blew across your face as you took in the magnificent sight in front of you. Faint shadows formed in the presence of the moon, that was unbelievably bright that night.
At last, you began walking towards Billie Joe. The whole happened in what seemed like slow motion, but you never broke eye contact with him.
Your gaze was only broken when you heard the priest finish a question, to which you simply said, "I do."
Before he asked Billie the same thing, Billie started talking. He was speaking ever-so silently, but you could understand every single word.
"Too many times I thought that this was never going to be anything more then a painful memory, and too many times I wanted to forget it all together. But that was only in the vain of your existence, and my knowing in the back of my head that someday you would find somebody better," Billie paused momentarily, and looked at you as if it was the only thing holding him up. Then he continued, "I used to think that you and I could never truly be happy, but I found that true love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends."
Your eyes teared up immediately, but he went on.
"You always found a way to get away from me, and I could never be confident that you would be there when I got home. But you've given me a reason to wait, a reason to stay. After everything weve been through, I know now that I'd rather spend one minute holding you, then the rest of my life knowing I never could."
You longed to kiss him right then and there, but the priest put his arm between the two of you when you leaned forward.
"Hold on, we'll get to that soon enough," He said.
Light laughter rung throughout, but you turned your attention back to Billie. Billie grinned, and stared you down.
Then, finally, he said, "I do," And leaned forward to kiss you. Your hand made its way to the side of his face, and you held on to the hair you could grasp.
You held on for every second you could.