Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

Words I Thought I'd Never Speak

Mikelle was one of those people that you could bond with, without even meaning to. The two of you became enthralled with one anothers presence, and spent five and half hours strolling the streets of downtown Oakland.
In that afternoon alone you had acquired whatever knowledge of Mikelle and his life that there was to know, and vise versa. Except, when talking about yourself you forgot to mention one small detail...Billie Joe.
"So you're a musician," He said with that oh so charming British accent that made your insides flutter.
"Yeah," You said slowly, "But I haven't gotten to play in a while.. See, my life kind of revolves around other things at the moment."
"Well, your baby for one thing," He said sweetly, as he helped you step down some cement stairs, grasping your hand smoothly and gently.
"Hah, well, that of course..and, my husband." You said the last sentence pretending that it was no big deal.
"Your husband?" He asked, pulling his hand from yours abruptly. He thought for a second, and then quickly abandoned his temperamental out burst, and returned to his sweet, conventional self. "Well, that's okay I guess.. But why isn't he here with you right now?"
You didn't want to tell Mikelle that your 'husband' had left early that morning without saying a word to yo, or calling at all. And you definitely didn't want to let it slip that a women he had cheated on you with showed up that afternoon demanding money for something. For some reason, all of that information just didn't quite come off too well..
"Hes working," You lied finally.
"Oh I see.. What does he do?"
This guy was not making it easy for you to lie for very long. "Well, he's a musician as well.."
Mikelles face distorted slightly, and he raised his eyebrows in utter disbelief. "How come he gets to go on with his music, and you're stuck watching from the sidelines? I mean, sorry, I don't mean to be so blunt, but it just don't seem right to me. Is it because he thinks he's more talented then you?"
"No!" You answered quickly, "He supports me, but his career is just..doing a lot better then mine, let's say."
"Huh.." He resolved to himself. "Well, I don't know, I guess. Don't listen to me, you seem to be doing quite well for yourself, and I'm just a poor college student who don't know nothin." He smiled at you graciously and reached out, grasping your hand once again to help you down another set of cement steps.
"I think you're very smart," You said, looking up at him.
And that, it turned out, he definitely was. By the end of the day, you could most definitely classify this boy as a genius.
Later that afternoon you were dropped off by Mikelle, and your mind was busy wandering when Billie Joe stepped in front of you.
An utterly confused you looked up suddenly and quickly remembered your surroundings. You were halfway up a set of stairs, and Billie was five steps in front of you, looking down on you with concerned wonder, and little bit of anger.
"Where the fuck were you?" He asked sternly.
...Okay, a lot of anger.
"I went for a walk," You said. "Besides, where the fuck were you this morning?"
He bit his lip, and told an obvious lie, "They needed me down at the studio to re-record the intro of our new track."
His voice was unsure and shaky as he spoke, and his eyes darted from side to side and then back to you.
Out of pure love for this ridiculous man standing in front of you, you decided to let it slide. "Okay," You said pretending to believe him, "Let's go out to dinner tonight, yeah?" You asked casually.
He looked at you with dazed eyes and love. "Yeah," He said softly, "That'd be good."
Billie then reached down and helped you up the rest of the stairs.
-----------------------------------------

Later on that night you were in the center of a posh sushi restaurant, and you were busy staring blindly at a waterfall next to you when you remembered Brittany's request.
"Oh, Billie, you'll never guess who I saw today," You said.
"Who?" He asked nonchalantly while staring at the menu in his hands.
"Brittany," You said with fake enthusiasm. With that, he quickly broke his sight from his menu and looked up at you.
He furrowed his eyebrows, and swiftly asked you, "Well.. What did she want?"
As you answered you noticed how he was hanging on to every word you said with the utmost attention. "She said something about you owing her money.. I dunno, five hundred dollars or something like that." You looked up to see Billie's reaction, and noticed his brow getting sweaty. "Why do you look nervous?" You asked staring at his anxious exterior.
"I'm not," He said shaking his head and then smiling at you sweetly. "I'm fine."
Biting your lip you stared at him with a fake look of forgiveness. Not for one second did you believe the words coming out of his mouth.
Billie Joe was a horrible liar.