Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

This Relationship Is Over

"Really," You said, all of the sudden feeling like your stomach was falling.
They just gave you a look of disappointment.
"Yes, well... Both of them have been feeling that you lack a certain amount of...commitment to the band lately," said Tim, his eyes dripping with discontent. You glanced at Adam, and caught him looking at you with a sly grin showing in his features. Your ears must have been lying, there was no way you two best friends in the entire world would say something like that. You started this band. How the fuck could they say you lacked commitment; you wrote all the songs, sang all the lyrics, played guitar, and was the one who had to CONVINCE the other two that being a musician was even worth doing.
"WHAT?!" You almost yelled, in a whiney voice.
"Relax. Just hear us out for a second, its not as bad as your perceiving it to be," Paul came to the rescue with. "It has been brought to our attention that your dating another artist at Reprise records, whose new album is also in the works."
"What?... Wait, you mean Billie?" You almost cried, Yeah, but what does that?...."
You were cut short by Adam, who seemed excited to finally tell you off, "Listen to me Sage, both you and Billie Joe have important albums in the works, and both of you have been slacking. As the official A & R person for both of your bands, I have come to the conclusion that you are going to have to keep your hormones in check and Billie will have to keep his excitement in his pants, because as of right now, your relationship is over."
Your ears felt like they were bleeding. You looked around in complete disbelief. Tim, Paul, and Adam just sat there staring at you. Paul looked incredibly uncomfortable. Your mouth hung open as looked from one to another, praying one of them would suddenly scream April Fools.
But they didnt. You weren't sure how much time had passed, but were brought back to life after feeling tears shed down your neck.
"No," You said determined not to cry, "This has absolutely nothing to do with you.. Fuck you. This... This isnt about the band. For once in my life, this is about me. For the first time in my life, I actually know what I want. I can breath... and I wont let you take away my breathe. I wont let you take away Billie." You said this last statement with more confidence then you had throughout the whole meeting.
"Actually, Sage, it has everything to do with us. You need to understand that WE are paying for these albums, and if your little fling fucks it up, then WERE the ones hitchhiking back home, with nothing. We own you, youre a product that we are putting on the market, so is Billie. Both of your careers, no, lives are riding on our shoulders. And unfortunately for you, both of you signed release forms giving the record company permission to do whatever needed to ensure top quality from our artists. And this relationship has seriously hurt both of your work lately. It may sound unfair, but breach the contract, and we have full ability to sue both of you, or worse, stop all recording and cut the albums. Do you want to be the reason both your bands end up with nothing? So swallow your pride, and do whats right for everyone. End it." Tim said much harsher than hes sounded all morning.
This couldn't be happening. It was completely unreal. You could feel your soul swelling as he finished his last statement. It was almost as if he reached inside you and tore away everything that held meaning. Everything that had worth was everything he was threatening to take away. You were completely trapped. Since the age of six, the only thing you ever desired was what you almost had. You were so close you could hear the radio playing your song, your name being called as a nominee for that Grammy you've dreamt of forever, and the sound of your fans screaming. But your desires had changed. Everything had changed. And Billie Joe had changed it. You always said, that when it comes down to it, you would do and give up anything for your music career. But for some reason, you actually found yourself questioning the very beliefs that had got you so far. Because when you started out with those beliefs, you werent in love. Things had changed. You put Billie Joe in your mind, and stood him next to the life you dreamt of for so long. You imagined yourself standing between them. Which one would you walk to. But it didnt matter where you walked, it was always towards Billie Joe. Because all of the sudden that perfect life you envisioned for so long, just didnt seem so perfect anymore. Not unless Billie was in it.
But you were brought back to life when you realized that not only your dream was on the line. Both yours and Billie Joes band mates had dreams riding on your shoulders. If you chose to stay with Billie, all the other people who had worked just as hard for that same thing, would lose it as well. Mike and Tre, though however great they were, would be beyond angry with Billie if he got the bands album cut for a girl. At the moment you were more concerned with Billies band mates dreams then your own, because Tre and Mike were nothing but amazing towards you, and welcomed you like a sister. Yours, on the other hand, were bitches to Billie Joe, and were the reason this whole thing was taking place.
What could you do. If you chose to stay with Billie, you would be with the one person who made you feel complete. Made life feel complete. If you chose to go towards your dream, you would have the life-style that fit you better then any other. And you would also be enabling Mike and Tre to do the same thing. But you didnt think that life-style, or any other for that matter, would be worth living without Billie.
But you couldnt be that selfish, you could never live with yourself if you did. So you did the only thing you could do, that would be better for everyone else.
Tim was still staring at you. So were Paul and Adam. Paul looked incredibly empathetic. He stared at you with sad eyes and a faint smile. Adam, on the other had, looked more then a little annoyed that this was taking so long. He looked back and forth between you, his watch, and the door. Tim was completely monotone.
You turned your head towards him, and wiped away your tears. Then slowly, but surely nodded your head.
Tim smiled, and Adam stood up quickly. "Ill speak to Billie Joe later today, but you need to get back to the studio and finish the radio edit of the last track on the album. Remember, just speaking to Billie would be a breach of contract, so dont call him. Ill inform you of his reactions." Adam said, and with that, exited the room.
Tim and Paul stood up also, motioning towards the door. As you walked out you caught sight of Brittany and Sam sitting in the waiting area. Sam looked hopefully at you, but you brushed her off and kept walking. You were in no mood to speak to either of them. You left in a hurry, and quickly got in the limousine Reprise had provided for you to get to the studio. As you drove away you saw Brittany and Sam running out of the building, but you told the driver to keep on driving. They both got looks of pure regret upon their faces, then sadly turned away, and walked back in the building.