Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

I Chose You

You cried the entire way to the studio. Your brain was telling you, you did the right thing, but your heart was screaming in protest.
When you finally arrived at the studio, you sat in the green room for hours, listening to the album from front to back. So much of it was written about Billie. Listening to it was like hearing the whole story of your relationship, without the ending. It was almost painful, and your heart ached when the song about meeting Billie on the bus played. Why did it have to happen. Why couldnt Brittany and Sam be happy for you. They were your best friends, and they, of all people, should have supported you. But they didnt. They were the reason you were alone again.
You werent sure how long you sat there, just staring at the wall. But eventually Brittany and Sam made it to the studio. They just walked in and stared at you from across the room. They both looked incredibly guilty. Sam probably more then Brittany.
Finally, one of them spoke.
"Sage... You have to understand," Sam started, but you cut her off.
"Shut up. I dont care why you did it. But know this, if this was supposed to make me more committed to this band, then you made a huge mistake. Because Ive never been less committed then I am right now." You said shortly.
At that Brittany finally said what it looked like shed been trying to say all along. "Fuck you, Sage. You know thats not true, you know it. Listen, were sorry it had to happen like this. We didnt know theyd go as far as they did. But lets face it, youre spending WAY more time with him then you are with the band rehearsing, like you should be. It doesnt matter though, so stop being such a pussy, and suck it up. Since when do you cry over boyfriends? Get a grip. Everything will work out. Well release this album, collect our fame and fortune, and youll find another guy who can make you scream just as loud, probably louder. So if you think about it, we did this for you."
You couldnt take anymore of this. The amount off hypocrisy in that room was making you sick. You held on to the tears desperately trying to escape, and gave both of them the coldest look imaginable. Then slowly turned around, put on your jacket, and left without another word. As you walked out, you simply said, "Youll never understand, and for that, Ill never forgive you."
-----------------------------------------
You walked away in silence. The rest of the building was empty, almost everyone had left for the day. The few janitors that were still there barely acknowledged you as you passed, and you felt more invisible then ever before. You had no control over anything. There was a war taking place inside of you, and your heart was the battlefield. And then your pace quickened. You couldnt walk slowly or else youd probably fall down right on the spot. You walked faster and faster until you were almost running out of the building. You finally reached the revolving doors, but stopped before exiting through them. You glanced over to the spot where you first met Billie by the elevator. No one was standing there anymore. And that was it, you couldnt contain your tears any longer, there was no way. They began streaming down your face, and for the first time in your life, you knew what it was like to truly hate someone with all your soul. Brittany and Sam were no best friends, they were now officially enemies. And you now officially hated them.
You ran out the doors, and began walking quickly down the sidewalk. You could barely see where you were going from all the tears. You just kept walking, assuming where ever you ended up would be better then home.
Just as you passed the side of the Reprise building, you felt someone grab you roughly and pull you into the ally.

You couldnt see who it was, so you instantly began struggling to get free, and began hitting them as hard as possible out of instinct.
"Owe... Hey, what the fuck... Sage! Sage! Stop it, God damn."
You stopped hitting them immediately and wiped your eyes of the tears. As soon as you did, you saw Billie rubbing the spot where you hit him. He looked like he had been crying too. He looked at you and gave the tiniest glimpse of a smile, then went in for a tense hug, and held it for minutes.
"I dont care. I dont care what they say. I dont care," He whispered into your neck as you hugged. You kissed the spot beneath his ear, and pulled him tighter. Neither of you could let go, it was almost as if this was the last time you would ever see each other again. Billie finally loosened his grip on you and rested his forehead upon yours. He cupped your cheek with one hand, and had the other on the back of your neck, clutching onto your hair. You wrapped your arms around his neck, and closed your eyes, listening to him breathing.
"Sage, dont cry. Please dont cry... Listen, it doesnt matter. It doesnt matter." He said as he looked deep into your eyes. He swooped in for a gentle kiss, and held it there. But you suddenly pulled away.
"How can you say that? How? .." You stuttered through tears, "It does matter. And its all my fault. My friends... MY friends.. Or whatever the fuck they call themselves.. I cant believe it. I cant believe theyd do something like this..."
"Hey, hey... They dont matter. They cant understand, so dont expect them to." Billie said, obviously trying hard not to curse their names.
His words comforted your bruised heart. They always did. Billie looked lost. He looked as if hed been wondering the streets of Berkeley for hours. He was sweaty. His shirt was dirty, and his eyes were sunken in. You'd never seen Billie Joe like this before, his appearance made you even more nervous. What had he decided? What did he tell Adam?
Then he answered your question.
"I chose you," He said quietly, with a hint of desperation in his voice.
"Wh- what?... why? What about your album, what about Mike and Tre?" You choked out.
"They gave me their permission. I cant live, if I cant live with you." The way he spoke made you shiver, Billie Joe had never sounded so vulnerable. He just looked at you, waiting for you to speak.
"I... I love you," Was all you could say, then pulled him to you, and kissed him deeply. You rested your lips upon his, and he held you as if his life depended on that very kiss. You could feel tears on your cheek, and realized that Billie had let go of his pain. That triggered your heart, and you pulled away, and said in the most adoring voice, "I chose you, too."
He smiled, and ran his hand along the outline of you lips, up to your eyes. Then he kissed you, and the bond you felt was so strong, one million missiles couldnt break it. This was right. Nothing else mattered anymore. The band. The fame. Nothing. Billie Joe was your world, and without him, youd have no where to go. Billie Joe was home, and you would never run away again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This makes me cry every time. <3