Status: this is one of my favorite stories i've written!! :)

Double Life

Yes Mother

The doorbell rang and I got up to answer the door. Kyliee stood there with her 'Mommy' look on her face as she shook her head at me.
"What the hell were you thinking? No, don't answer that, I know what you were thinking. Nothing! When did you plan on telling me? And why was I not the first to know? Is Jordan the father or is it Zack? Why am I even considering Jordan? Zack is your boyfriend not Jordan! Why did you even have sex with him? Ugh! I can't believe you!" Kyliee started her lecture as I walked upstairs. She followed close behind me. I listened to her yelling at me and walked into my room. She stopped to take a breath as she sat next to me on my bed. Then, she continued asking questions and then answering them herself. I learned to just let her tire herself out before I even try to talk. It seemed like she would never stop so I stood up and lifted my shirt. I looked down and saw that my usually flat stomach was now rounded. It wasn't noticeable when I was wearing a shirt but now that you could see my bare stomach, it was clearly there. Kyliee looked up at me and then went silent. Her eyes filled with tears and I turned around to look at her.
"You're gonna be a mommy." She said smiling as tears ran down her face. Seeing her cry made me cry. We hugged for a while until Zack walked into my room. We turned wiping the tears from our eyes.
"Whoa what did I just walk into?" He asked sitting in a chair and putting his feet on my desk. Kyliee and I laughed. She sat on my bed and I sat on Zack's lap.
"Nothing baby." I leaned back and kissed him. Kyliee made a face at us. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I looked in the mirror again and smiled. Zack and Kyliee exchanged glances. Kyliee has never really approved of me dating him considering he's her brother. Zack has always pretended to hate her but I know they love each other. I turned around and giggled. They both gave me a weird look. I ignored them and skipped around the room.
"What's up with you today?" Kyliee asked laying back on my bed. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I can't just be happy for no good reason?" I asked laying down next to her. Her and Zack raised their eyebrows at me. I sighed and decided to tell them.
"Fine, guess who's getting an ultrasound tomorrow!" I giggled again and sat up. Zack smiled and Kyliee laughed.
"Let me guess, you?" Zack said. I nodded as he got up and sat down between me and his sister.
"This is good. Me and my two favorite girls." He pulled me back and put his arms around both of us.
"You mean three favorite girls." I said looking down at my stomach. He laughed and shook his head.
"Nope. I mean two because that's my son." Zack put his hand on my stomach and smiled.
"I'm pretty sure that's my niece." Kyliee laughed. We all argued for a little while until my phone rang. It was Jordan.
"Hi."
"Hey babe. What's up?"
"Oh nothing, just laying in bed."
"By yourself?"
"No. With Zack and Kyliee."
"Oh."
"Yeah. Do you want to come over?"
"Sure, be there in a minute."
"Ok. Bye." I hung up and put my head on Zack's chest. He stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head.
"Who was that?" He asked.
"Jordan." Kyliee answered for me. Zack grunted. They hadn't talked to each other since I told them I was pregnant. I really hoped they would be able to get along. I got up and started going downstairs. Kyliee followed and we turned to look at Zack.
"You coming?" I asked. He shook his head and plopped down on my bed.
"There's no way in hell that I'm going down there to make small talk with the dumb prick that fucked my girlfriend!" He said giving me a sarcastic smile. I frowned at him and I could feel my eyes brimming with tears.
"Jaz I- I'm sorry. I- I shouldn't have-" He said getting up. He wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his shoulder and realized that I didn't even know why I was crying.
"God dammit! It's not your fault. I'm so hormonal and it pisses me off. I cried yesterday because the toast popped out of the toaster and it scared the shit out of me. Oh my god, I'm pregnant!" I said in between sobs. Kyliee rubbed my back and gave Zack her 'you-know-she's-pregnant-and-hormonal-so-why-are-you-being-an-ass?' look. He shrugged his shoulders. I looked up at him and rubbed my eyes.
"I love you." I said as he leaned down to kiss me. His face was only an inch away from mine.
"I love you too." He whispered in my ear. He kissed me and put his hands on my waist. We stood there happily intertwined. Kyliee rolled her eyes and went downstairs. Zack picked me up and set me down on my bed. I pushed him down and sat myself in his lap. He laughed and pulled away.
"Whoa there preggerz, calm your hormones!" I smiled at him and playfully punched him in the stomach.
"Don't call me preggerz." I got up again. He took my hand and we walked downstairs. We found Kyliee sitting in the kitchen with Jordan. Zack's hand tightened around mine. Jordan looked up at us.
"Hi Jaz, Asshole." He smiled at me and cut his eyes at Zack.
"Man whore." Zack gave him on of his sarcastic smiles making sure that I didn't see him. There was so much tension in the room. Both boys stared at each other looking as if the were ready to tear the others throat out.
"Awk Sauce!" Kyliee half sang, breaking the silence. Everyone looked at her. She made a squawking noise and hid behind me. I laughed and walked into the kitchen. Zack sat down in a chair as far away from Jordan as possible. Kyliee and I both sat on the counter. We sat in silence for a few minutes until the front door opened. My mom walked in. She looked horrible like usual. Her hair was thrown up in a messy ponytail and her makeup was smudged. She had a paper bag in her hands. I knew it was another bottle of alcohol. Ever since I told her I was pregnant all she did was lock herself in the basement and drink. She looked up at us and half smiled.
"Hey kids." She mumbled, obviously hungover.
"Hello Karen." I said not wanting to look her in the eyes. She slowly made her way to the basement door. I heard her trip and curse under her breath as she shut the door behind her.
"God I hate it when she comes home like that." I rolled my eyes and stared at the door. Zack got up and walked over to me. I didn't want to cry again but I couldn't help it. My mother had completely thrown her life away and it was all my fault. She wouldn't talk to anyone. She spent all of her time locked in our basement. The only time she ever left the house was to buy more alcohol. A few tears fell down my cheek. I buried my head in Zack's chest. I started bawling my eyes out. Jordan gave Zack another dirty look. Kyliee pushed Zack out of the way and held me in her arms. She took me up to my room and set me down on my bed. I tried to thank her but no words came out of my mouth.
"Don't worry about it. Now get some rest." She smiled and left the room. Downstairs, Zack looked over at Jordan.
"Damn she cries a lot." Jordan said standing up.
"She's pregnant dumb ass. Of course she cries a lot." Zack shook his head. Jordan rolled his eyes and started walking towards the stairs.
"Really? I didn't know that." He said sarcastically. Jordan started walking towards the stairs.
"You're not going up there." Zack said. Jordan turned around to look at him.
"Why is that?"
"Because I don't want you anywhere near my girlfriend or my baby."
"I'm pretty sure that's my baby. I fucked her first."
"You're lucky she cares about you or I'd pound your face in."
"I'd love to see you try midget."
"Fuck it. I'm gonna kill you." Zack ran at Jordan and hit him as hard as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be more I just don't have time rite now.