Status: Updated every week or two

Because of You

Strange Lady

When she woke up it was 5:27. She was a very light sleeper and she had trained herself to get up at about the same time every day so that she wasn't late for school. She got up and got dressed, then she woke Adam up and helped him get dressed. While he was getting his backpack, she pulled her light blonde hair back into a ponytail and grabbed her books. She took Adams hand and they quietly walked through the living room and out the door.

Grace dropped Adam off at the daycare center and walked to the high school where she went. Since their mother had gone away and left Grace and Adam to fend for themselves, she had cut off any social connections to anyone. She removed herself from every social activity possible. Some of her old friends still tried to talk to her but she just politely brushed them off. 

As she walked into the school, she kept her head down and avoided anyone who was still lingering in the hallway. She quickly walked to her locker and grabbed her books, then she walked to class. The bell had already rung, so as usual, she was late. She walked in and took her seat in the back of the classroom. 

Usually kids like her would get picked on or bullied at her school, but not her. She had earned a reputation for beating the crap out of anyone who messed with her, so everyone pretty much left her alone. She sat there in class and tried to stay awake. Most nights she didn't get much sleep, she usually stayed awake to make sure nothing happened to Adam.

Grace jerked awake when the bell rang again, it always surprised her how fast the days went by, an how long the nights at home were. It wasn't fair, good times went by fast and the awful ones seemed to last forever. 

Before she knew it, the final bell rang. She went to her locker and put her books away and grabbed anything she would need, then she was out the door. She made her way to the daycare. 

When she walked by the playground, she stopped and watched Adam. He looked so happy, playing with another little boy. She stood there for a couple minutes, letting him be happy for a few moments longer before she went inside. 

"I'm here to pick up Adam." she told the teacher. "Oh, yes. One moment please." she replied and walked out toward the playground. When she came back Adam was with her. He ran over to Grace and grabbed her hand. As they walked toward home Adam smiled and said, "I made a new friend, Grace!" she smiled and looked down at him " So I saw, what's his name?" she asked him. He frowned and replied "I don't remember." Grace laughed as the turned the corner onto their street. He looked up and smiled at her.

As they approached their house, Grace noticed a strange car in their driveway. It was probably just one of her dads drinking buddies. They walked up the steps and she opened the door, what they saw puzzled them both. There, sitting on their couch, was a very fragile looking lady that couldn't have been over 25. They stood standing in the doorway, staring.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapters a little longer than the last one, hope you like it! Synyster will probably show up around the 6th or 7th chapter.