The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Nightmare

During the next few days, things have been pretty hectic. Tricia kept coming over and hanging out. She wanted to be good friends with me, but I always gave her the cold shoulder. Laurie told me either to behave or get a life. I said I wanted neither and went home. Now, I barely go to the Curtis house. Sodapop and Cynthia come see me, sometimes Two-Bit and Sarah, who have recently started going out!

Another hectic thing is, Steve wants to be friends. I always thought him and I qualified as friends. I guess I should just give the guy a chance. Sodapop is his best friend and I don't mind Steve. I just hope it's not 'cause he likes me that he wants to be friends.

Continuing...Curly Shepard is back in Tulsa. I repeat, Curly Shepard is back in Tulsa. Guess who's the lucky girl he went to go see first? If you guessed Cherie Jones, the toughest chick in Tulsa, you're right! We went to the drive-in with him, Tim, Cynthia and Ponyboy. I liked it, Curly's really something.

Last but not least, Tricia has been hanging out at the DX a lot. With my Sodapop...Something's wrong.

"C'mon Cherie, Tricia's cool!" Laurie said and I shook my head.
"I like her." Johnny said and I ruffled his hair. "Yeah, well she's after my man." I said and sighed. That's when I felt arms around my waist.
"Who's after me?" Sodapop asked and I smiled.
"Me. Now, clothes off and let's get it on, on the table." I joked and pulled him by the shirt.
"NO! OFF THE TABLE! God, you're just a bunch of horny teenagers!" Laurie yelled.
"Relax, don't get your panties in a bunch." I said and Sodapop shook his head.
"I promised Tricia I'd help her with--"
"Whatever Sodapop. Go see her. I don't give two fucks." I yelled and stormed out.

I sat in the lot, taking a puff from the joint I had just rolled. I then saw Cynthia sitting next to me. She smiled and we both just chilled. She knew I was angry, so we didn't talk much. Just looked at the sky together.

"I hate Tricia." She spoked suddenly. I got up quickly and looked at her.
"She looks at Ponyboy in the flirty way. And Soda."
"I know! And everyone else loves her. I fucking hate her and I'll kill her!"

We both walked back to the Curtis house, to see Tricia and Sodapop kissing. I felt my heart break in a million pieces. I felt all the pain from everything I've ever felt, come back and worsen by 100%. I felt like murdering. I ran up to them and ripped her off, smashing her face in the ground. She started yelling and Sodapop was trying to pry me off.

"Fucking whore! I knew it! You fucking whore, you're going to fucking pay." I yelled and grabbed a fistful of her hair. I threw her to the ground and just walked away.
"You can have her. We're through, Sodapop."