The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Nowhere Man

Cynthia's p.o.v

Us girls and Ponyboy were just at Cherie's watching TV. The phone rang, so I figured it was Cherie, and I answered it.

"Cherie?" Sodapop's voice came from the other line.
"Noupe, it's Cynth."
"Lemme talk to Cherie!" He shouted, obviously impatient.
"She's not here..." I said and sighed.
"Then, where is she?"
"On a date. With Curly."
"Curly Shepard?" He seemed stressed.
"Know any other Curlys?"

Cherie's p.o.v

We went to the drive-in after we got something to eat. I liked being with Curly, he was really funny and sweet. I don't know why people call him a dumb hood. Sure, he's not as smart as Ponyboy, but he's not dumb either. We both settled down in our seats and waited for the movie.

"I'm going to get some popcorn. Stay here." Curly said and smiled. I nodded and just relaxed. The sky was so beautiful. The stars shone brightly.

"Hey! Cherie!" I heard Sarah yell. I looked over and saw her, Ponyboy, Two-Bit, Daphne, Dallas and Cynthia.
"What are you all doing here?" I asked, confused.
"Coming to watch the movie!" Cynthia lied. I could tell she was lying.
"Uh huh...please leave." I said and Curly returned.
"What are they doin' here?" He asked, handing me the popcorn.
"I have a feeling someone sent them here to spy on us!" I yelled out and the gang looked guilty.
"You all suck if you came to spy on me and Curly. That's cruel." I stated and just didn't look back. Obviously, something was up.

Curly walked me home, holding my hand. We left the drive-in earlier, since the gang was still there. We just walked around and had a good time.

Once we got to my house, I saw that the gang was back. I sighed and turned to go inside. Curly wrapped his arms around me and spun me to face him. His lips made contact with mine and I saw stars.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER, SHEPARD!" I knew that voice anywhere.

Sodapop...