The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Something In The Way

I looked back at Sodapop, who looked as if he'd murder Curly in a second. I sighed and balled up my fist. Why did he have to come ruin everything? Does he not understand what 'taking a break' means?

"Sodapop, leave." He looked angry and shoved Curly.
"Fuck off, man! I didn't do anything!" Curly yelled, throwing Sodapop off. Now, Sodapop was built nicely and he was tough, but he was quite the pretty boy. Curly was tough, and has been jailed as much as I have. I was worried for Sodapop, because I knew that Curly could really hurt him.

"C'mon, don't do this." I said and they both looked at me. Sodapop then punched Curly in the face, and I swear, I could almost hear the anger rumbling inside Curly. He then grabbed Sodapop and threw him to the ground. This would not end pretty, unless I intervened.

I grabbed Curly and threw him off. Sodapop looked at me with a hate so powerful, but as soon as he realized it was me, he calmed down.

"Both of you are being fucking childish! I want both of you to leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled and walked in the house. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"OUT!" I yelled and pointed to the door. No one ignores my requests when I'm pissed, not even Dallas. Cynthia trailed behind and I grabbed her.
"No, you stay. I need to talk to you." I said and finally, I felt myself calm down.

Late that night...

I sat down on the couch, watching tv. I had on my favorite pjs and Cynthia and I were watching some horror movie. I didn't care. I was worried...for both guys. Sodapop looked badly hurt, but I knew that when he was angry, he could get very violent. Curly was tough, but he didn't really know how bad Sodapop could get. Sodapop is never angry and so therefore, when he is, it's like...WATCH OUT!

"I'm gonna call him." I said and got up. Cynthia kept her eyes glued to the screen. I walked over to the kitchen and saw the rose Curly gave me. I then decided not to call Sodapop. He didn't deserve my words.