The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Thrills In The Night

Cynthia seemed fairly happy when she answered. I figured on the other line was Ponyboy. She talked for a few minutes, before looking over to me. I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know...I'll ask." She said and put the receiver to her shoulder.
"You in a good mood, Cherie?" I walked over to her and shrugged.
"Depends."
She nodded and put the phone back to her ear, "Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea."
I reached for the phone and rolled my eyes.
"Ponyboy, put your brother on the phone. No, obviously not Darrel, I mean Sodapop." I reasoned with the youngest Curtis brother.

"Hello?" Sodapop's voice brought shivers up and down my spine. My mouth got dry and soon, I didn't know what to say.
"Cherie?"
"Sodapop. What do you want?" I asked.
"You're the one who asked to talk to me." He explained.
"Don't give me that shit! Ponyboy called to check up on me, so you could reason with me. Well, fuck, you had to go and make a big deal about Curly. I'm sure he must hate me now. Do you not understand we're taking a break?" I said, feeling my voice become more and more angry.
A long sigh was heard and then the click of a phone hanging up.

"He fucking hung up on me!" I shouted, slamming down the receiver. I felt angry, sad and just wanted to go to bed.
"That's pretty mean!" Cynthia yelled and I nodded.
"You gonna sleep over?" I asked, hoping she would. I needed someone to be here with me.
"Sure."

We decided to just go chill in my room until we fell asleep.