The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Love's A Loaded Gun

The next morning, I woke up to the phone ringing. It was probably the worst sound ever right now. I practically ripped off the phone from the hook.

"You better have a good fucking reason to call me this early." I said and heard an excited squeal.
"Cherie! Darry proposed!!!" Laurie yelled and I couldn't believe it, Darrel...DARREL CURTIS?
"Uhmm...you sure it was him? Darry doesn't have a heart." I said and she laughed.
"He did. I swear...ohhh, Cherie. It was so romantic and ohhhh, the ring. It must have cost a fortune! But it's beautiful! As soon as you and Cynthia fully awake, please come see me!" She rambled on.
"Can't, there's a certain beverage I don't wish to see." I joked and she laughed.
"Sodapop's asleep and soon, he'll be at work. Just come by around one oclock. He won't be home." She said and I agreed. We hung up after that.

After that, I was too awake to head back to bed. So, I took a quick shower and got dressed. I was doing my make up when Cynthia woke up and pushed me out of the bathroom.
"Hey! I was using that damn mirror!" I yelled, pounding my fist on the door.
"Deal with it, I need a shower!" She yelled back. The water turned on and I just decided to continue getting ready in my room.

When we got to the Curtis residence, Laurie was squealing and jumping up and down. There was no sign of Sodapop at all. Although, Steve was there, which had me curious. Then I realized he only worked part time. So, I decided to spend the day with Steve...