The Story of a Rebellious Greaser

Lady Grinning Soul

When Sodapop pulled away, I stood there in disbelief. There was no way Sodapop Curtis just kissed me. He looked at me with that beautiful, breath taking smile again. My heart pounded in my chest, I swear it would leap out soon. But that's when I realized, why was he kissing me? Didn't he like that girl, Sandy? Was he just kissing me to make her jealous?

I turned around to see her come into the store and lay her damn googly eyes on my man. I looked at Soda, who's smile faded. I glared and decided to leave. I'm no ones second choice, nor am I there to make someone jealous. I just turned on my heel and headed out of the store.

Soon after, Dallas followed me. He had a confused look on his face. I just shrugged it off and kept walking to my house. I didn't want to deal with anyone right now, because I felt like doing something I never do. And that would be crying...

Dallas didn't follow me inside, he just handed me the magazines. As soon as I shut the door, I collapsed. The sobs and tears just hit me like a ton of bricks. Why does heartbreak hurt so much? How can I deal with this?

Soon, I calmed down and decided to take a long bath. I wanted to relax and not think of anyone right now. This was my time. So I let the bath water run and decided to go get some clean clothes for afterwards. I grabbed the magazines, might as well have something to read in the same way.

About 20 minutes later...

I sat on my bed, towel drying my soft hair. I felt so relaxed and pleased. I kicked off my combat boots and lay on my bed. Why are all guys jerks? Can't there just be one guy out there nice enough to accept me or am I just not good enough?

Who knows...