Tweet-hearts

Fourteen

“Kane, I want you in my office. Now.” Coach Q announced to the locker room as they started to get ready for the game.

“Yeah, Q?” He poked his head into the large office.

“I’m scratching you tonight.”

“What, why?!” Now, his whole body was blocking the doorway.

“You need to learn that some things are just not acceptable.” Joel slammed a stack of maybe 4-6 pictures of Kaner at the Blackhawks and Friends event “getting down” with some handsy fans. Handsy girl fans. Handsy girl fans dressed like hookers. “If I had gotten a hold of these last game, you would have been out for that game too. I am taking you out of the lineup for this game and the next. I’ll give you some time to think about your behavior.”

“Coach…” He started to argue, but realized that would get him nowhere. “Yes sir.”

“What’d Q want Kane?” Corey asked when Kaner walked back into the locker room looking very upset.

“I’m not playing tonight. He had pictures of me and Kali at the Blackhawks and Friends thing.” He whipped off his pads and angrily put on his dress clothes.

“I think her name was Katie.” Sharpy chimed in.

“It doesn’t matter!” Kaner glared right at his team mate. “I’m out this game and next.”

“Maybe it’s time to straighten out Kaner.” Jonathan suggested.

“Suck it Captain. You have a totally gorgeous girl who’s head over heels for you and you don’t even have to try.” Kaner stuck his feet in his shoes and tied them roughly. “Good luck tonight. God knows you’ll need it without me.”

“Funny Kaner.” Jonathan threw a roll of stick tape at him as he walked out.

-----

@Eastyn_loveee: Hopefully our boys can pull off another win!

@Kaner88: Good luck to the boys tonight.

@Eastyn_loveee: ARE YOU NOT PLAYING?! @Kaner88

@Kaner88: Nope. Coming up to the box now. I’ll explain there @Eastyn_loveee

@Eastyn_loveee: Alrighty cowboy @Kaner88

-----

“So what the fuck is going on?” Eastyn asked as soon as Kaner sat down next to her.

“Q is making me a healthy scratch this game and next one. He found pictures of me and Kayleigh at the Blackhawks thing the other night.” He said in an agitated tone.

“Katie.”

“How the FUCK does everyone know her name but me?!” He threw his hands up in the air out of frustration.

“It’s kinda simple Patrick, now don’t take any offense to what I am about to say.” Eastyn turned her whole body towards him so she could look at him in the eyes.

“Okay,”

“They care.”

“I care.”

“They care about other people. You care about yourself and getting laid.” She put a hand on his to make the situation less harsh. “Take Jonathan for example, he thinks about you guys. He thinks about the team, the fans, what will benefit the both of you guys.”

“You only say that cause you love him.” Kaner frowned.

“No, I don’t love him yet…” She smiled inwardly to herself thinking about what it would be like being in love with Jonathan Toews. “But this isn’t about that. Or Sharp, he and Abby are expecting Emmalyn soon and yet he still balances the team and his wife and unborn child.”

“Okay well the difference between them and me is that they have a reason to care about their own lives.”

“Give yourself a reason Patrick.” Eastyn placed both her hands on his now.
“Eastyn?” He looked at the red head with glassy eyes.

“Yeah Pat?”

“Jonathan is really lucky.”

“What are you saying?” She tilted her head to the side in confusion.

“You’re beautiful, Eastyn. You are gorgeous, you love hockey, and you have a great sense of humor. You’re the perfect dream girl.”

“Patrick…”

“Eastyn, I think I…” He started to say something but the announcer cut him off.

“Please rise and remove your hats for the singing of our National Anthem.”

Eastyn was silent as she rose. She made no eye contact with him either. She was definitely afraid of what was coming out of his mouth.

“Eastyn, I…”

“Shh…the puck is about to drop.” She shushed him before he could finish. For the rest of the game, Eastyn avoided looks from the right winger. She even, in fact, changed her seat. She just needed this game to be over so she could go home and just forget about the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh!! Okay the next chapter will be more twitter-ized i swear!

Peace. Love. Hockey.