Tweet-hearts

Eighteen

“Wait, so coach is letting you play?” Eastyn smiled proudly.

“Yes! Can you believe that? I was dying not playing.” Kaner said dramatically. “But that means I can’t sit with Gemma.”

“She can sit with me!” Eastyn switched her phone to her other ear.

“You sure? I don’t want you to feel like you have to make nice with her…though it’d be nice if you liked her.”

“I promise I will be my normal self with her.” Even though Kaner couldn’t see, Eastyn made a cross on her heart, Her gesture to let people know she was serious.

“Okay…well I will pick her up and meet you in the locker room.” Kaner smiled as he spoke, sending Gemma a quick text as well.

“Super. See you in 15?”

“Sounds good!” Kaner hung up, excited that his best friend would finally meet the girl who’s really captured him.

-----

@Eastyn_loveee: Whoooooooo!!!!!! @Kaner88 WILL be playing tonight ladies and gentlemen!

@Kaner88: Yes, I will be playing tonight fans :)

@Sharp_10: Shit, make room on the ice for Kaner’s ego everyone. I was enjoying the room I had on the ice.

@JonnyToews: LOL!! @Sharp_10

-----

When he walked into the locker room, Jonathan was putting on his gear while Eastyn talked to her camera man, Eddie. Kaner took Gemma’s hand and led her to his stall next to Jonathan’s.

“Patrick!” Eastyn chirped happily behind him.

“Oh hey! Eastyn I want to introduce you to Gemma.”

“Pleasure to meet you! I have heard so much, Patrick talks about you all the time.” Eastyn leaned in to give Kaner’s girl a hug.

“It’s great to meet you too! It really seems like I already know you.” She laughed. “Pat tells me about all the trouble you two get into together. You guys really sound like best friends. And your tweets? They’re hilarious.”

“He’s a really good friend, that’s for sure.” Eastyn laughed as well. “Do you mind if I borrow him for a pre-game interview really quick?”

“Oh go ahead. Don’t let me interrupt your job.” She took a large step back.

“Jonathan! Come talk to Kaner’s…friend.” Eastyn wasn’t sure to call her his girlfriend or not so she decided on friend.

“Alright…and…recording.” Eddie gave Eastyn the thumbs up to start the interview.

“Hi guys, Eastyn Malone here with right winger, Patrick Kane.” Eastyn paused as Patrick waved to the camera. “Patrick how does it feel to be cleared to play again? I can imagine it doesn’t feel too good to sit out.”

“No it absolutely does not.” Patrick shook his head. “But I mean there was obviously a reason why I needed to. I just had to step back from the game and attention and just breathe. I think I let the hype of hockey get to me and Q sensed that. He knows what’s best for us and he let me know that I needed a breather.”

“We can all tell that you are a pretty stubborn guy, Patrick, do you think what Coach Q did was a good idea? Would you have asked to take a breather if he didn’t make you?”

Patrick laughed before answering the question. “Yeah I guess I am pretty stubborn. I don’t think I would have. I just want to play you know? But I did sit out that last game and I really think it was good for me. “

“Alright, on a different note, what things do you guys have to worry about playing this game tonight against the Penguins?”

“Well, whether it’s Crosby or Staal or whoever is taking the circle, we have to watch those face offs. We have to win them and keep the puck out of our zone. Let’s face it, the Pens can do a lot of damage if we allow them to attack our zone. So that’s what we gotta do today.”

“Sounds like you haven’t missed a step at all, thank you Patrick, good luck tonight.”

“Thank you.”

“Eastyn Malone reporting from the United Center, back to you guys in the studio.” Eastyn kept smiling until Eddie gave her the cut sign. “Okay, I am going to change our of this outfit and maybe you and I can head to our seats?” Eastyn said to Gemma.

“Oh sure, that sounds great!”

Eastyn changed into the outfit she packed. “Good luck boys!” She yelled to the locker room then turned to Jonathan. “Score a goal for me Toews.”

“Ooo…I’ll see what I can do.” Jonathan leaned down and pecked her lips. She then turned to Gemma and led her to the regular seats.

“So is every home game like this for you?” Gemma asked as they settled in.

“Yeah kinda and I go on some of the road trips with the guys too.”

“That must be a blast! I would love a job that would allow me to travel and watch hockey.”

“So you really enjoy the sport?” Eastyn got to the snooping, she wanted to make sure Gemma was really who she told Kaner she was. She was only looking out for him.

“Absolutely! I grew up in Boston so I am a Bruins girl at heart.” She then lifted up the hem of her jeans to reveal the Bruins “B” symbol tattooed on her small ankle.

“Dedication!” Eastyn was impressed. She lifted up her t-shirt to show Gemma her own tattoo of the Blackhawks feathers on her hip.

“Aww, that’s cute!”

“Thanks! I’ve work with the team for 3 seasons. I got this last season after they won the cup!” Eastyn loved sharing the story about her ink.

“I got mine as soon as I turned 18!” Gemma laughed again. “It was my very first one.”

“That’s really cute.” Eastyn took out her phone. “Do you have a twitter?”

“Yeah I do actually. It’s @GemmaaStarr.”

“Followed.” Eastyn smiled to her new friend.

-----

@Eastyn_loveee: Getting settled in to watch the Pens/Hawks game. Yay to @Kaner88 for getting cleared to play!

@Eastyn_loveee: RT@ChitownGirl: Get ready for the goals! Da da da da da da da da da da da da ( to the tune of Chelsea Dagger) @Eastyn_loveee

@GemmaaStarr: Kinda nervous. Sitting at the Blackhawks game with new friend @Eastyn_loveee

@Eastyn_loveee: Don’t be nervous, this game will be ahhhhmazing no doubt. Afterwards too ;) @GemmaaStarr

@GemmaaStarr: Don’t look now but the guys are on the ice! @Eastyn_loveee

@Eastyn_loveee: Score! Warm ups have begun ladies and gentleman #pumped #psyched #stoked

@Eastyn_loveee: That feeling you get as your team takes to the ice <3 #nevergetsold
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I have been getting used to Wisconsin time after returning from my vacation in California :(

How do you guys like Gemma? She up to standards for you all?

If any of you have been wondering, these are what the unknown characters look like in my head.
Eastyn & Gemma
I actually picture Gemma to be kind of a nerdy girl but then I saw this picture on Weheartit and I knew that's what she looked like (with lighter hair). And obviously the person I picked for Eastyn (Shailene Woodley) would have red hair, like a strawberry blonde.

As for Eastyn's tattoo, I imagined it to look like the symbol on this hat and you all know the tattoo I described for Gemma right?

Thanks for putting up with my lack of posts! I love you all so much.

Peace. Love. Hockey.