Status: Active

Something Good Can Work

Second Go

I am simply fuming when I get home. It's only 9 at night but I want nothing more than to crash on my bed. I'm confused.

I was kind of attracted to Mike, but I was disgusted that I was! Mike was such a jerk, I couldn't fathom how someone could be so shallow – he knew Cassie and I were friends! Why would he ever come onto me? It was such a sleaze move on his part.

Suddenly, my phone rings. I grunt and silently pray it's not Cassie. I flip my phone open and see that it's actually Dylan calling.

Intrigued, I answer brightly, "Hey Dylan!"

"Oh, hey," He says awkwardly, probably taken aback by my greeting. I giggle slightly, imagining him blushing. Dylan chuckles in response.

The words roll off my tongue; I'm feeling happy he's calling. "What's up?" It was a Saturday night, what could he want?

"Well, I was gone from the Sociology lecture Wednesday so I was hoping you had notes I could take a look at," He explains seriously. I roll my eyes. Seriously? Was this guy any fun, ever?

I put on my 'sassy' voice, hopefully portraying an annoyed tone, "Yeah." I say shortly, "I can email you my notes in the morning."

Dylan sighs in, what I'm assuming, relief. "Wow, thanks Iris. You're really saving my butt! Have a good night. I'll talk to you later!"

"It's really no problem," I say, rolling my eyes again. I wanted him to ask me out! I wanted him to tell me I looked really pretty on our last date and he couldn't wait to see me again. Of course, Dylan wouldn't. He's not that kind of guy; I knew that – so why was I even getting my hopes up?

I almost hang up when I hear his voice again, "Hey Iris? Another thing…"

My eyes brighten up, "Yes?" I inquire hopefully. The eagerness in my voice was kind of pathetic, but who cares? It's not like Dylan would ever notice anyway.

"I'm going to be gone next Tuesday, so could you send me those notes as well?"

I try not to scream at him, "Yeah, Dylan." I was so defeated. "I sure can."

"Thanks Iris, you're the best."

"I'm aware," I throw back at him and he chuckles. I am wishing painful deaths on you, Dylan Summers. I don't even think you understand.

"Alright, catch ya later."

We hang up. I throw my phone across the room, where it luckily lands on the soft area rug in the middle of my dorm. As soon as it lands, it rings again.

"AH!" I scream in frustration and flip it open, not even looking at who it was. "What do you want?" I snap into the phone.

There was a silence, then a hesitating, "…Iris?" It's Dylan.

"Yes, Dylan?" I ask impatiently.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I'm not really good at this kind of thing… but I—you looked great and I had a lot of fun at our last date. I want to take you out again… maybe to a movie this time?"

I try to refrain from squealing. "Okay! Yeah, I will! When?"

"How about next Friday, we could go see that new scary flick with Katie Holmes?"

I agree, not even caring what movie it was. I just wanted to go somewhere with Dylan Summers.

-- -

The whole week was terrible waiting for Friday to arrive. Finally, though, it did and I was so excited!

I dressed in jeans and a dressy top from H&M along with oxford flats. I straightened my hair and applied just mascara to my green eyes. I looked pretty nice, if I could toot my own horn.

Dylan picked me up in front of my dorm building, taking us to the move theater. He even opened the door for me and put his hand in the small of my back! I was freaking out.

"Two for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," Dylan told the lady at the register. I offered to pay but Dylan wouldn't allow me. I looked up at him and smiled nicely. He offered a smile back; I felt a nice feeling settle in my stomach.

We made our way into the theater, and took our spots at the second-to-top row. The theater had just gone dim – a giveaway that the movie was about to start.

Suddenly I feel a small jerk from the back of my chair. Thinking someone maybe hit it, I ignored it. Thirty seconds passed and I felt the kick again – this time I jerked forward a bit. I looked back slightly but didn't see anyone. I ignored it once again.

Two minutes later, I felt another kick and this time, Dylan looked at me confused. I shrug but fling around, "Listen –" And come face-to-face with the culprit: Mike. I curse underneath my breath.

"Oh, hey Iris," he chirps in a friendly tone.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA. sorry about the long wait... you can hate me!!! i just got really busy D:

but hahah, i love making Mike annoying! he's so funny... what do YOU think?! let me know in a comment :)

...updates coming in a timely fashion next time!

Title Credit: Second Go - LIGHTS