To Love Somebody

002

Weeks later...

I spent a lot of time with Joan, Lita, Cherie, Sandy and Jackie. Kim allowed me to sing vocals on certain songs. Finally, they allowed me in the band.

But there was a lot of trouble with the band. Cherie always threatened to leave. And one day, she did. It was sad seeing my hero leave her own band, but Kim allowed me to be lead vocals. I was in The Runaways and I was a big part of it.

I often thought of Sodapop...how happy he'd be for me. And Cynthia and the rest of the gang. I really missed them. Floyd and I didn't talk about that one night, but we were a lot closer than before.

Things in L.A were a lot different than in Tulsa. I just wish I could go back. But I'm sure everyone hates me.

I was busy playing guitar one day when Joan surprised me with a little gift. She pushed me into the recording booth and pinned me up against the wall. I knew she wanted me, and it had been a while.

"Cherie..." She moaned as she began sucking on my neck. I gripped her hair tightly, moaning with her and bringing her closer. She stopped and looked deeply into my eyes. She was studying my soul.

"You still miss him, right?" She asked, hope in her eyes.
"Everyday..." I said, sighing.
"After the tour, you're going back." She said and kissed me fully on the lips. I grasped her by the waist and pulled her in for more. We stood there making out for a good ten minutes before either one of us left.

What did she mean, I was going back?