Right Here Waiting

: Here Comes Goodbye :

Chase's POV

I stood with my back to the counter, looking out at the crowd.

I smiled when I saw Donny playing pool with some of the other regulars.

He's been sweet as sugar ever since the fight at the bar a few weeks ago.

He's even took it upon himself to intervene if he sees any of my customers getting out of hand.

Gotta love Donny.

I looked at Tammi as she practically glided across the floor.

I couldn't help the smile that went across my face.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" I asked.

Tammi whipped around and if I hadn't seen her already acting like she was walking on clouds, her smile definitely would've tipped me off.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

I chuckled and crossed my arms over my chest as I turned my body to face her.

"It's written all over your face. Plus, you can't lie to me Tammi. I know you too well. I take it things are going good with Gage." I said.

Then that smile was back.

Big and bright, and much happier than I've seen in a really long time.

"He's so amazing, Chase." Tammi finally said after a moment.

I stood back and just waited for her to continue.

"He's so funny, Chase. God, he makes me laugh so much. More than I ever have before." She said.

I nodded, totally understanding the feeling.

Cam makes me laugh like no one else ever has.

Brings me more happiness then I thought was possible.

And everyday I find myself loving him more and more.

"He makes me feel light, and giddy. Care free. He makes me feel safe when I never thought I'd feel safe again." Tammi said.

I smiled at the warmth in her voice.

She really does care about Gage.

And that's amazing.

He's a good man.

And Tammi is a good woman.

They deserve each other.

Tammi was quiet for a minute and the look on her face had me backtracking.

"Tammi? Are you okay honey?" I asked her quietly, walking over to her and putting my hand on her shoulder.

She looked up at me and her eyes looked scared.

"Honey, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Is it crazy that I'm falling for Gage so fast? I mean, how can this be happening? We've only been together a couple of weeks." Tammi said.

I smiled at Tammi.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked.

"Because I know exactly how you're feeling. When I met Cam, my life felt like a whirlwind. I didn't know what was up or what was down. I just knew that I had this guy, and whenever he looked at me, my world was right." I told her.

A soft smile went across her face.

"How long did it take you to realize that you loved Cam?" Tammi asked me.

"He says the day we met, I say a week." I told her.

She laughed and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"I guess if I'm being honest, I fell in love with him the second our eyes met. I know it sounds cheesy, even when I say it in my head, but it's true. He's it for me. Always has been. Always will be." I told her.

"I'm scared." She whispered.

"I know you are. And it's okay to be scared. It's also okay to share that fear with Gage. To let him help carry the weight of that burden. He'll help you. You have to trust that." I said softly.

She nodded and I pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her.

I saw Gage come in through the front door and I smiled.

I pulled away from Tammi and turned her to face him.

"Now's your chance." I told her.

Following closely behind Gage, was Cam.

I grinned widely, but my smile faltered when I saw his face.

"No." I whispered.

His eyes filled with sympathy and he pulled me into his arms, my cheek resting against his chest.

"I'm sorry baby." Cam murmured.

"That's not fair! You weren't supposed to be leaving!" I exclaimed.

Cam cradled my head between his hands.

"I go where I'm told Chase. I don't have a choice. And you know that. I would stay here with you forever if I could. But I have a job to do." He said.

I closed my eyes to keep him from seeing the tears that so badly wanted to spill down my cheeks.

But I wouldn't do this.

I won't let him leave and worry about me.

He needs to be focused.

And he'll come home to me.

I know he will.

I nodded and looked up at him.

I grabbed his head and brought it down to mine, smashing my lips against his, giving him a kiss that will last him until he is back in my arms again.

"You come back to me Cameron. You better come back to me." I told him firmly.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me and held me against his chest.

I took in one more breath, taking in his scent and letting it embed itself in my brain.

God I'm going to miss him.

He set me back on my feet and I was picked right back up.

"You take care of him Gage." I told him, hugging him tightly.

He set me back on my feet and smiled down at me.

"You know I'll take care of the big lug. God knows if I don't get killed out there, you'll put me in my grave when I get back." He said with a smile.

I punched him in the stomach for saying such a thing.

A life without Gage in it would be plain boring.

"You make sure you get your ass back here too. You've got two lucky ladies to take care of now. Don't let them down." I told him.

He looked over my shoulder and I knew he was looking at Tammi.

"Watch over her for me, okay?" He said softly.

I nodded.

"You know I will. You guys be safe. Come back soon." I told him.

i turned and faced Cam again, walking into his arms and hugging him once more.

No more words were needed.

Cam and Gage picked up their bags heading towards the door.

I walked to Tammi and put my arm around her shoulder.

She had tears in her eyes and I knew I had to be strong for her.

Cam and Gage waved one last time, and then they were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=17VudJ6lr4k[/youtube]

Thanks for reading :)