The Good That Won't Come Out

Bliss

Hailey took Patrick's hand and led him inside the mansion. They entered a room where a man and a woman were sitting, reading books.

"Hailey!" the man cried, getting up slowly and hugging her.

The woman stood there, her face as dark as her deep red hair.

"Hi, dad! Mum," Hailey said. "I have someone I want you to meet."

Patrick stepped nervously forward.

"This is Patrick."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Andrews," he said, shaking hands with Mr. Andrews.

"Where is James?" Mrs. Andrews asked shrilly.

"Mum, I already told you. He has moved on."

"No, he didn't. Just the other day he told me he still loved you."

"His feelings don't matter anymore. I wanted to introduce you to Patrick."

"How dare you bring him into this house!"

"Vicky, honey, calm down. She obviously cares about this young man. If she didn't, she never would have subjected him to your abusive behavior," Mr. Andrews interrupted.

Patrick just stood there uneasily.

"Hailey, Patrick, let's sit down and talk," Mr. Andrews continued.

Hailey took Patrick's hand and led him to the couch where they sat down. Vicky huffed all the way to the chair, but John smiled kindly.

"So, Patrick, to me, this is a hard situation because my career is dependant on the family's and my image. Not to say that you are a bad person. What I want to know is this: What are your intentions with my daughter?"

Nervously, Patrick gripped Hailey's hand. He turned to look at her.

"Sir, I love your daughter and I would do anything for her. My intentions are to take care of her, to make her happy, and maybe to marry her someday."

Hailey's eyes filled with tears and she mouthed, "I love you," back to him. Vicky coughed and John sat back in his seat.

"But, I don't want to show you any disrespect, sir. This last month without her has been practically unbearable."

"Without her, whatever, do you mean, son?"

Vicky began to wring her hands nervously. Hailey eyed her curiously.

"Daddy, you had a heart attack because of us. So, I broke it off and came home, even though it was the last thing I wanted to do. I told you that there was nothing between us, but we had been together for over a month."

"Darling, I didn't have a heart attack because of you, I just had a heart attack. These things happen and can't be controlled. You had nothing to do with it."

"But, mum..."

"Vicky, what did you say?" John asked her seriously.

"I told her the truth, that she was disappointing you and the family by dating this boy."

"Mum, he's not a boy, he's a man. And, I love him. You took that away from me. You made me believe it was all my fault."

"Ok, enough of this. We're straightened out, aren't we?" John asked.

"So, Mr. Andrews, do we have your blessing?" Patrick asked.

"Of course son, but, Hailey, I need you to stay in London for a little while. You know, I'm up for a new term. I need you to be around to help."

She looked at Patrick.

"How long Daddy?"

"Elections are in November. You can go back to the US after that."

"All right. But, we can still visit each other, right?"

"That is fine. Just promise me one thing, Patrick."

"Yes sir?"

"That you will keep a clean record. No drugs, no drinking, no girls."

"Of course sir. I never did that before and I certainly won't start now."

Hailey stood up and hugged her father. Patrick shook his hand and then they walked out the door. The night was a fantastic shade of deep blue. It was an abnormal London night. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the stars sparkled like diamonds. Patrick put his arms around Hailey.

"That wasn't so bad," he murmured.

"It was too easy," she returned.

"Well, we are in love. We can make it work. It's only six months."

She looked up at him and kissed him softly. She pushed the nerves away and allowed herself to enjoy the comfort of Patrick. The cab had taken off, so they began to walk, enjoying each other and the warm summer night.

"I've got something for you," she said.

"What?"

She pulled his hat out of her bag and he immediately pushed it onto his head.

"Thanks."

"You don't need it. Look, Patrick, I'm sorry I hurt you. My mom was feeding me a whole line of bullshit. I should have known it. But, I tried to tell myself I did it for the best. But, it didn't work."

"Hai, just stop. I know why you did it. It doesn't matter anymore."

Hailey shut up and continued to walk. They reached a main street and caught a cab. When they got to her flat, Hailey got out and Patrick stayed in.

"What are you doing?" she asked. "Come on!"

"I didn't want to be presumptuous," he replied with a sexy smirk.

They went inside and Hailey immediately began kissing him.

"I missed you," she moaned as he kissed her neck.

"I'm going to show you how much I missed you," he said throatily.

Hailey pulled his hat off and put it on her head. She slowly began to unbutton her top revealing a lacy black bra, Patrick just watched her every move. She unbuttoned her pants and slowly wriggled out of them. She began to move towards the bedroom. Patrick's heart was pounding and he excitedly followed her into the bedroom. She laid on the bed in only her bra, panties, and his hat. He quickly tore his clothes off and joined her.

"You are so sexy," he whispered.

She kissed him deeply and gazed intensely into his eyes.

"I love you, Patrick Stump."

"I love you more, Hailey Andrews."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hullo! Obviously I'm back! Comments are appreciated!