The Good That Won't Come Out

Even When Your Hope Is Gone...

She went back to Chicago determined to get her life back to where it had been. Hailey worked hard and had even gotten a promotion and was Colleen's right hand girl. Things went back to normal. She often went out with Lauren because Fall Out Boy was off on tour. Evidently Lauren was like Ritalin to Pete, he calmed down when he was with her. Hailey had met someone also.

His name was Ben and he was a dancer. She had met him during classes and they were partnering together at the annual recital. Ben was tall and muscular with short, dark hair, big brown eyes, and a tan complexion. He was one of those masculine dancers and there were no questions about his sexuality. She hadn't gotten very serious with him yet, but she was having fun.

One day, Hailey was having breakfast with Ben before their performance when Pete walked up to her table.

"You bitch, why haven't you returned my calls?" he said in a mock serious fashion.

Ben started to stand up until Hailey began to talk.

"And why do we always meet in restaurants? Are you stalking me?" she cried, throwing her arms around him. "Ben, this is my friend Pete, Pete this is Ben."

They both said polite greetings and shook hands.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were on tour!"

"Ah, I missed Lauren too much, so we all flew back to see our counterparts," he explained pointing to a table. Lauren smiled excitedly, sitting next to her was Patrick. Hailey smiled and waved.

"Pete, my dance performance is tonight. You have to come, pleeeeeeease! You've never seen me dance besides that silly video. I can get you tickets and put them at will-call."

"Ahh, you don't have to, Lauren already bought tickets yesterday. Silly video?"

"Hey, I was in it!" she cried. "Well, I'll see you tonight."

"You got it. Bye, Ben, it was nice meeting you."

Hailey had a huge smile on her face when she turned to Ben.

"Somebody's happy," he remarked.

"I haven't seen Pete in a month or so."

"I'm glad to see you so happy," he replied with a smile. "We should probably get a move on it."

They paid their bill and got up. Ben put his arm around Hailey as they walked out. She waved a goodbye to Lauren, Pete, and Patrick.

***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

"She didn't even acknowledge me," Patrick complained.

"Come on, bro, at least she waved, it's a step up from LA."

"Is that her boyfriend?"

Lauren looked at Patrick with a serious expression.

"They've been dating for about a month now."

"Oh."

"But, I don't think it's serious."

Patrick nodded and picked at his food.

"Does she know I'm coming tonight?"

"No," Lauren answered uncomfortably.

"Don't worry Patrick. It looks like she moved on. She didn't look upset to see you. I'm sure it will be fine," Pete remarked.

Patrick was silent for a moment and Lauren and Pete cuddled.

"Does she ever talk about me?" he asked.

"What, are you a glutton for punishment?" Pete cried incredulously.

"You know the answer to that, Patty," Lauren said in a gentle tone.

"I know, I guess I just hoped I was wrong."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hullo!!!! Comments are loverly. I love to hear what you think!!!