The Good That Won't Come Out

If You Walk Out On Me...

Hailey groaned as her doorbell rang. She got up and opened the door, hair awry, still in her pj's.

"This had better be good," she complained, opening the door, "You woke me up."

"Miss Andrews?" asked a deliveryman holding a huge vase of flowers.

"Yes?"

"Sign here."

Hailey signed and then brought the flowers inside. She smiled at the huge bouquet of daffodils. She searched around for a card, but only found a cd. The cd read, "You were incredible last night." She popped the cd into the player and smiled. It was "I Will Follow You into the Dark, by Death Cab." She picked up her phone.

"Thank you!" she cried.

"For what?" Ben asked.

"The flowers and the beautiful song."

"I didn't send you flowers." He said, confused, "Who's sending you flowers?"

"I don't know, I thought they were from you."

"Nope, if you find out tell me, so I can kick their ass," he replied jokingly.

"Oh. Ok, well I've got to go to work. I'll call you later.

"Bye Hailey."

"Bye"

Hailey got ready for work and hopped in her car. When she got to the office, everyone was whispering and staring at her.

"What? Is my skirt tucked into my underwear?" she asked, feeling the back of her skirt.

"Seen your office yet?' Colleen asked with a wicked smile.

Hailey gave her an odd look and continued to her office. Her mouth dropped open when she saw her office was a sea of white roses.

"Who's it from?" Colleen asked, sticking her head in the door.

"A secret admirer," Hailey grumbled, "but I think I know who it is."

She picked up her cell phone and found Patrick's number in her phone book. The phone went straight to voicemail.

"Patrick, it's Hailey, call me when you get this."

She could hardly focus on her work she was so freaked out by this gesture by an anonomous person. Time ticked by slowly. When the clock hit 5, Hailey took one last look at her jungle/office, shook her head and left. When she arrived home, she freaked out a little because her door was unlocked.

"Dammit," she muttered, " I was sure I locked this door."

She gasped as she entered the room. There were flowers and candles everywhere with Patrick sitting in the middle of it, holding a guitar. He smiled nervously at her while she shook her head. Before she could speak, he began to play. When he finished, Hailey just gaped at him.

"Patrick, why are you doing this?"

"Hailey, I screwed up. I love you."

She buried her face in her hands and sighed deeply.

"I'm going now," she murmured, walking out the door.

Patrick chased after her, calling her name.

"Not now." She called back.