The Good That Won't Come Out

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

When their set was finished, Hailey and Lauren made their way back-stage. The security guard led them to the green room where the band was relaxing. Lauren jumped on Pete and kissed him. Patrick stood up and opened his arms. Hailey shyly walked into them putting her arms around him. They stood there in an embrace for a long while. Patrick finally let her go and looked at her, smiling as big as he could.

"What are you doing here?"

"Lauren decided that we all needed to hang out," she replied shyly.

"I am so glad you're here. Do you want to go out to the bus?" he asked.

"Sure."

Lauren and Pete were already making their way to the bus.

"Maybe you guys should stay in here with us," Andy laughed.

"If the bus is a rockin..." Joe said with his arms in the air.

Patrick grumpily flopped on the couch. Hailey sat down next to him and played with his hair that was sticking out of his hat.

"Aww, Grumpy Bear, It's going to be ok."

Patrick smiled at her and buried his face in her neck, and Hailey put her arms around him.

"Come on guys," Andy cried, "Other people here."

Hailey grabbed Patrick's hand and began to lead him out of the room.

"Fine, I just thought you might like some live entertainment."

She could hear the guys cat calling as they left the room. They walked outside and leaned against the bus.

"I thought we'd never be alone. I've really missed you Hailes."

"I've missed you too, Patrick."

They stood there in silence. Hailey was scared, and she kept having flashbacks of all the horrible things that happened between them. She was broken out of her nightmare by Patrick's arm snaking around and his fingers interlaced with hers.

"Is that ok?" he asked.

"Yes," she murmured softly.

"I don't think you realize how happy I am to see you," he whispered.

She squeezed his hand tightly. They were quickly interrupted.

"Patrick, if we don't take off soon, we aren't going to make it to the show tomorrow," their manager announced as he exited the building. He went up and knocked on the door. "Pete, it's time to go."

A few minutes later, Lauren and Pete emerged from the bus. They were smiling and clinging to each other.

"It can't be time all ready!" Pete cried.

"Well, sorry to interrupt your little reunion, but it is."

Patrick tightened his grip on Hailey's hand. Andy and Joe came out, gave Hailey a hug and boarded the bus. Lauren buried her face in Pete's chest.

"When are you coming back?" she moaned.

Pete gave Patrick a look. Patrick nodded and looked down.

"Lauren, honey, I'm sorry. But we're not going to be back until the end of January."

"No!" she cried.

Hailey looked at Patrick and he gazed into her eyes. He put a hand on the side of her face and stroked it softly.

"I'm sorry."

Hailey looked away, not wanting him to see her eyes filling with tears.

"It's ok, Patrick. I'll see you when I see you."

She turned to leave, but he didn't let go of her hand.

"Come here." He led her to the front of the bus where they were alone. "Are we ok, Hailey?"

"Of course," she sputtered, "Why wouldn't we be? There is no we."

"Really?" he said with a small smile.

A tear spilled onto her cheek and he wiped it away.

"Am I getting through that wall of yours yet?"

Hailey gave him no answer, just another tear.

"I still feel the same way, Hailey," he pressed.

"Oh, Patrick," she murmured. "This is so difficult."

"No," he gasped.

"No!" she cried, smiling at him. "Don't even think that."

Then, she kissed him sweetly on the lips. She backed away and looked at him.

"It's going to be difficult because I'm tired of being away from you." Hailey turned and went to meet Lauren. Patrick jogged to catch up to her.

"Thank you," he whispered in her ear. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"I love you, boyfriend" she breathed.

Patrick's mouth turned into perhaps the most beautiful smile she had ever seen and he leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that again. I love you too."

Lauren was crying and hugging Pete. Hailey hugged Pete around her and then peeled her off of him.

"Bye, Pete."

"Bye, Hailey. Lauren, I love you and I'll see you later."

Lauren froze and stared at him, her brown eyes sparkling, a smile burned on her face.

"Really?" she asked.

"Really," he replied.

She threw her arms around him and kissed him once more before Hailey grabbed her had and pulled her back. Pete and Patrick boarded the bus and the girls caught a cab back to their hotel by the airport. They had thought they would get more time, but they were wrong. Laying in bed, Lauren broke the silence.

"That's the first time, you know, that Pete said he loved me."

"Wow! Lauren, I'm happy for you, Pete really is incredible. Even if he can be a total dingus at times."

"So, you and Patrick?"

Hailey finally let out a girlish giggle.

"I think we're back together."

"Yay! I'm so happy for you, it's about time."

"I can't believe we don't get to see them again until January," Hailey complained. "I don't even get to see Patrick on my birthday."

"I know, I hate this whole rock star thing too."

"I miss him already."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just gonna finish it guys!!!!!