The Good That Won't Come Out

Birthday Booty

Patrick called every night, and every night Hailey cried. She knew now that this is how it would have been if it hadn't been for all the interferences. It was even harder than she had expected. It was the night before Christmas Eve, her birthday, and she sat by the fireplace, gazing at their tree. Lauren was wrapping some presents.

"I think I'm going to go to bed," Hailey yawned.

"But, it's 11! You can't make it until 12 for your birthday? I want to give you your presents."

"I hate birthdays, it's just another day. I'll see you in the morning."

Lauren pouted as Hailey got up and stumbled to her bedroom. She changed into some pajama pants and a wife beater and crawled into her bed. Falling asleep came easy. Unfortunately, her sleep was disrupted. Her cell phone rang, rudely waking her up.

"Happy birthday!"

"Patty! I was sleeping."

"I had to be the first to wish you a happy birthday. Do you want your present?"

"What?"

"Go see Lauren, I sent it to her."

Hailey groaned, "Can't it wait until tomorrow?"

"Nope."

She rolled out of bed and stumbled back into the living room.

"Lauren!" she screamed.

Hailey did a double take, standing in the doorway was Patrick. Lauren was already all over Pete.

"Happy birthday!" Patrick said proudly.

"Boyfriend!" Hailey screamed as she ran and launched herself at Patrick. "This is the best birthday ever!"

Patrick kissed her as she clung to him, legs wrapped around his waist.

"Don't be so happy to see me or anything," he said sarcastically.

"I thought you weren't coming home until the end of January."

"What, do you have a guy in your bed?"

Hailey let go and slid her feet to the ground.

"I will soon," she whispered.

"I hope you'll forgive me. I lied, I wanted to surprise you."

Lauren smacked Pete. "Why didn't you tell me at least?"

"What," he replied, "I can't surprise you? Or is it only Patrick who's allowed to do romantic things."

"No, silly," she laughed.

Hailey gazed up at Patrick, her eyes shining. She grabbed his hand and led him to the bedroom. He stood there somewhat awkwardly as she sat on the bed.

"Patrick, what's wrong?" she asked softly.

"Do you realize how long it has been since we..."

Hailey kneeled on the bed and put her hand on his chest.

"Babe, we don't have to have sex, I'm just happy to have you with me." She smiled at him, but inside, was terrified. "What if he doesn't really love me?" she thought.

He saw a flash in her eyes and his heart melted.

"Oh Hailey, I can read you like a book. I love you, and I want to make love to you. I'm just a little nervous. Did you...with Ben?"

"No, Patrick, I haven't been with anyone else since I met you. And don't talk about Savannah, because I don't even want to think about it."

"Neither do I. You know I love you, right?"

Hailey pulled him down next to her and kissed him.

"Yes, I do. I love you too."

He grinned and pulled her close, holding her tightly to his body. He kissed her softly and ran a hand under her shirt, stroking her back. Hailey shivered at his touch. His lips traveled to her collarbone and she moaned quietly.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked him as he pulled her shirt off.

"Yes, I want us to be together."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uno Mas folks!