Status: Workin on it :)

Aeteanilise

Beginning The New World

September 6th, 2045
Altadena Early College High School
1794 Lake St.
Altadena CA 91005, United States
Ms. Everlane’s Math Class
8:27 a.m.

I looked at the clock. In thirty-three minutes I would be starting my first senior Class. I took a deep breath. I couldn’t wait but at the same time, I was going to miss junior year. As I sat in Ms. Everlane’s Class I smirked at the thought of how easy it would be to learn my new Ms. Everlane’s Class. Oh the benefit of twins teaching the same subject at the same school. I looked out the window and saw some of the new transfers. I could tell not only because virtually no one could transfer so late in High School at AEC except for these students, the Aeteanilise. They would be the only exception and the only seniors. They were allowed in because while they were students at the Aeteanilise Base in the Rocky Mountains (AB) they had their own schools, which included an early college high school like ours. This year would be the first year of integration at our school.

I had personally never met an Aetean before but not all of America really had them. Not that it would matter to me. I was two when they first came out from the AB so most of my life they were already part of society. Not that that was really any good. America had issues of race before the Aeteans and with them here things hardly got better. Some people became “speciesist.” The idea of talking to Aeteans was completely taboo. Others created cults worshipping the Aeteans because they were “the people of the stars.” These cults were generally looked down upon but that didn’t matter to them. The general term for them is “star seers” because they “have their heads too far out of our world.”

But even with an alien species, racism barely got any better in some areas. I personally was lucky to have my mom because she raised me to accept everyone. The first time I encountered racism was when I was 6 and someone told me I was “black.” I promptly told them they were colorblind and that the street was black and my skin was clearly brown.
My life wasn’t centered on the Aeteans nor was it ignorant. They were in my world and that was that.

I stood up. It was 8:45 and I hadn’t said hi to any of my friends yet.

I walked outside into the halls of AEC and ran up to my friend, Natasha. “Natasha!” I called out. She turned around and flashed her bright grin. Her incredibly long, black hair flowed behind her beautiful belly dancing body as she cried out, “LILLY!” with her heavy Indian (from India) accent. She gave me a hug. “O-mi-GOSH!” she shrieked. “We’re seniors!”

I grinned. “I KNOW!!” we turned out to the hall and screamed together, “SENIOR YEAR!” The hall instantly screamed back with the voices of practically every senior, “HELLZ YEAH!!!”

Natasha and I laughed. We walked to our lockers, which were next to one another. I imagine due to Natasha’s switching with someone else but I didn’t really care enough to ask.

Just as Natasha was about to gush about senior year, everyone turned to the doors and became very silent. We watched as the Aeteans walked to their lockers. They were exactly as I had seen and heard on T.V. They were very much like us but at the same time, they clearly weren’t. For one thing, they were taller than us. The average male Aetean was 6’6” and the average girl was 6’. They were thinner. Scientist concluded that that had to do with the development of technology on their planet versus ours. While ours went to luxury theirs went to efficiency. That was why they didn’t have anything like touch screen tech but their batteries lasted forever. They never cared to develop elevators and escalators and instead had cars that could last up to 95 years without much problem. They had markings on their bodies. Some had them near their wrists like bracelets, others had them on their arms, and others had them on their faces. I read somewhere that they were born with the markings and it was just a part of them naturally. They were basically birthmarks that were cooler looking than human birthmarks. Most importantly, they had a floating crystal in-between their eyes. Oh, did I forget to mention that? Apparently it acts like a sense enhancer. They could use it to channel the planet and their connection with the world is sharpened.

Okay, maybe they aren’t exactly like us but they aren’t some weird brown bag like that old 1900s movie E.T. That was just ridiculous.

I grabbed my things from my locker and shut it very loudly. “Omigosh,” I gushed with as much fake enthusiasm as I could muster, “I cannot wait to start class. Cuz I go to a school. I go to school to learn and not look at cute boys, or new shoes, or,” and I really emphasized here, “the TRANSFER STUDENTS.”

Of course everyone stopped their gapping and turned back to whatever they were doing. Natasha looked at me and giggled. “Who do you have first period?” she asked.

I took out my schedule from my pocket and unfolded it. “Kistove for Abnormal Psychology.”

“Sweet. Me too!”

“Really? Awesome.” I held out my arm. “Shall we go malady?”

“Why,” she wrapped her small arm around mine, “yes. We shall.”

We laughed as we walked down the hall to Kistove's classroom. I was excited to be in Mr. Kistove's class because he had a reputation for being an amazing teacher. Natasha and I walked in to the class and we were the first people there. Mr. Kistove looked at us and smiled. "Sit anywhere you guys," he told us. Natasha and I went to the second row of desks and sat down.

"So what is your schedule like?" Natasha asked me. I took my schedule out and grabbed hers and we began to compare classes.

People began to enter as we groaned about classes we didn't have together and rejoiced for the ones we did have. About 10 minutes before class Mr. Kistove got a phone call.

"Kistove. Yes. Okay," he hung up the phone. "Lilly," he started. "Yes, sir?"

"The office needs you."

I looked at Natasha pleadingly. "Sorry Miss VP," she told me. "It’s what you get for being wonderful."

I rolled my eyes. "Wonderful friend I have here."

"Of course."

I darted out of the door and sprinted down the hall desperate to get to the office as quickly as possible. I skidded past the wandering Freshmen and slid past the straggling Juniors and stumbled into the office.

"Time!" I called out.

"27.32 seconds," Mr. Fresnic the office man told me. “you got slower over the summer by 1.27 seconds."

I growled. "Drats."

"Principal Jefferson wants you," he said.

"So I hear," I frowned. "Why did I want to be VP again?"

"You love people?"

"Oh, right."

Mr. Fresnic chuckled and I joined him.

"Time to start my duties of the year," I took out my pin and put it on my shirt. "Gotta be a good VP after all."

I walked into Mrs. Jefferson's office and saw the Aeteanilise inside with her. There were only 6 of the transfers but integration is a slow process. Not that I minded. I think the only thing I minded was the fact that two of the three girls Aeteanilise were taller than me by far. One was 6' and had long platinum blonde hair. She had a sharp angular face with high cheek bones and really white skin. She had sparkling sapphire blue eyes and her floating crystal was baby blue with a misty cloud of blue surrounding it.

The other two girls seemed to be sisters. Both had shoulder-length dirty blonde hair and dark-tan skin. They had hazel yellow eyes and a light tan skin color. Only thing is that one was about 6'1" and the other was only about 5'10" which is rather small for Aeteanilise (from what I have heard). Their floating crystals were a deep yellow with little rays like sunshine emitting from them.

There were three boys. All about 6'4" but their features were completely different.
One had light chocolate brown hair with little curls at the end. He had blue almost purple eyes. His face though, was slightly round and looked almost childish. He had a sun kissed tan. His crystal was royal purple with heavy smog surrounding it like purple liquid.

Another had dirty blonde hair. He had a harsher bad boy look to his face though. He had reddish brown eyes and a bright red crystal that looked like a dimly lit fire. He had deep chocolate skin color.

The last boy had black as black can be hair. His hair fell to the rim of his eyes. He had dark gray eyes that looked almost black until the light hit his eyes just perfectly. He had olive tan skin. His crystal was silver. No radiance or anything besides the natural light.

Mrs. Jefferson introduced them to me. “Lilly, these are our transfer students. Cladorai, Perallis and Tennalys, Terute, Kalytem, and Leitun.” I could tell that she struggled with the pronunciation of their foreign names. But at least she tried. I could tell that Mrs. Jefferson was beyond tired. I bet she had been stressing about this for weeks. Oh the benefits of not being in charge.

I smiled. “Hello,” I said extending my hand. The Aeteanilise stared at my hand. Then the girl, Tennalys, gasped. “Oh! This is that human greeting, yes?” I nodded.

She took my hand and gripped it extremely tight. I swear my hand had its circulation cut. But I don’t think it was to be mean. If nothing else it’s because she started saying in her heavy Aeteanilistic accent, “You take their hand with the same side hand as they extend. Grip firmly to show confidence and sincerity,” she told the others. She smiled brightly. I grinned. WE stopped shaking hands and I looked at the others.
I could tell they weren’t going to shake my hand.

“Okay,” I said. “Well, I’m Lilly and I am the V.P of AEC’s student council. If you would follow me, I will escort you to your classes.” I motioned for them to follow me.

At other schools, the President would usually be the representative except at our school, the President is visiting other schools across the world until the last 2-3 weeks of school to “endorse and promote education.” Eh. It’s not my responsibility either way. And I don’t mind my job.

So I looked at each of their schedules and dropped each one off as quickly as I could. The last one, Lei—lunar-star or whatever his name was had Kistove with me so He followed me until the end.

“So are you happy to be here?” I asked. He just looked at me. I pursed my lips. “Well, I’m glad you guys are here. I believe that everyone can get along very well if we try and-“
He gave me a sideways glance. “What?” I asked. He looked forwards again. “Nothing.”
I showed him to Kistove and when we walked in, Mr. Kistove stopped saying whatever it was he was saying and motioned for me and Leitun to take a seat. I took the seat I had chosen earlier next to Natasha. Leitun sat way in the back.

All day was an easy day. Teachers explaining their syllabi and that was basically it. I helped the Aeteanilise once in a while and any other new students in need of help. For the most part though, I had a good day.

September 18th, 2045
12:15 p.m.
Altadena Early College High School
AEC cafeteria

“Ecli te unti yana zefruni peruni. Alist unti asti arilse yoica peruni, litide, a ni shelia tomi lai,” Tennalys chattered to her sister, Perallis, about the attention the humans gave her. I looked out to Terute.

“And you Terute?” I asked in the human language, English. “Are you enjoying the human company as well?”

Terute glanced at me before completely turning towards me. “Ii atsi iste itleymai, human?” (Why are you speaking human?)

“I need to practice.”

“Kalytem, eise kia teenis.” (Kalytem, there is no need.)

I looked down. “There is. I need to practice.” I looked out to Leitun who sat in a tree branch at least 4 humans high. “Not all of us are as excited as Tennalys.”

October 29th, 2045
12:27 p.m.
Altadena Early College High School
A really tall tree

I looked up and saw the Aeteanilise again. Leitun was always up there. All the other Aeteanilise had human friends now but I hadn’t seen him with any. I glanced at the Aeteanilise. Next to them, our tallest basketball players seemed of normal height. And they were beautiful. I looked at the girl, Cladorai. I looked at myself. I sighed. She was so much prettier than myself. I wondered if the Aeteanilise even cared about looks. They were all so beautiful.

I looked back at the tree. Leitun was gazing at the clouds hovering above. I wondered if he even knew that I was directly below him holding a foam tray of chicken strips, corn, and strawberry-banana goo.

I smirked. I ran inside the school building and took the elevator to the 4th floor. I ran into one of the Math departments rooms and then stopped. I had guessed right. The branch he sat on was directly in front of one of the classroom’s windows. I walked to the windows as ninja-like as I possibly could and placed my tray down. I saw that he wasn’t eating.

I whipped out my pom-pom pen and began writing on my napkin. I smiled to myself and left the room. I peered into the room and watched as he eventually opened the window and read y note. He didn’t smile or anything. He just took my tray and went back to his branch. I yawned and checked my pockets for my 5 bucks. I left the classroom suddenly craving chili cheese fries from the college. Lucky me, I had 5 bucks and a large chili cheese fries cost $2.59.

November 6th, 2045
2:45 p.m.
Altadena Early College High School
College Gym

“Kalytem,” Cladorai began. Kalytem turned around. “Yeah?”

Cladorai motioned her head to the V.P on the volleyball court. The V.P was tending to a Perallis’s injured leg but also lecturing Perallis and all the students involved.
“I told you to be careful! How many times do I have to tell you that you need communication on court or else you collide? What if it had been worse? What if you had-“ virtually every word she said was audible to every person in the gym.

Kalytem laughed. “Well, you can’t say she doesn’t care.” Cladorai smiled. “True.”
Cladorai put her hand on Kalytem’s shoulder. “I just… I want to make sure you are still okay with… being here.” She raised her fine eyebrows as she touched the scratch on Kalytem’s face. “where’d you get this?” she asked softly.

“It’s nothing.”

“Etia ki lia!” (don’t tell me that!) Cladorai snapped. “Killasta olist humani care?” (did the humans do this to you?)

“Shilia!” (shut it). Kalytem smacked Cladorai’s hand away. “It’s nothing.”

“Kalyte-“

“Cladorai!” it took all of Kalytem’s will power to keep his voice low. Cladorai could tell because his crystal began to glow more than usual. “We are here to create peace. Not to cause turmoil.”

“If the humans are the ones-“

“Cladorai! Please understand that not all humans are the same! Just like not all Aeteanilise are kind, itsemose la kintai listima yesia!?” (Why should we expect more of them!?) Cladorai looked down. Kalytem stroked her face with the back of his hand. Her marks began to warm and her crystal glowed more. “Tuteri yestalik mesino.” (I can handle a small scratch.)

Cladorai turned around and saw the V.P carry Perallis on her back across the gym. It was odd looking because Perallis was about a good half a foot taller than the V.P and the V.P was not very muscular looking unlike any Aeteanilise. But none the less, the V.P carried her.
“I cannot believe I have to carry you! To the nurses office, too! Perallis I hope you love me because that thing is like, ALL the way across campus! How am I going to carry you? This is why you should be more careful! All you had to do-“ the V.P’s angry lecture was loud and Perallis seemed almost scared of the V.P.

Cladorai smiled. “I guess you’re right. Some are better than us.”

Kalytem smiled. “If we don’t raise a hand back, then the prejudice will eventually die out. Maybe not in our lifetime, but you have read the human history books. They will learn just as we still must.” Cladorai looked out to Leitun.

“But maybe we won’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please