Status: Workin on it :)

Aeteanilise

Duties of a Best Friend

December 19th, 2045
AEC Auditorium
1:18 p.m.

I followed Leitun down the hall. It was dark and hard to see anything. If his floating crystal thing didn’t light up, I’m sure I would completely get lost in the hundreds of students following us. But of course, everyone else had their phones and used them to see. Of course my Baba had to be a “traditional man” and not believe that his precious daughter should be using such “newfangled technologies.” Ugh.

But none the less, I used the little light available to me and kept running. I swear though, sometimes I wonder how Lilly can pull things off. I mean, an underground secret tunnel? It felt like she was more of a CIA spy rather than a student body Vice President.

As I ran, my sari began to get in the way of my footsteps. So I ripped it off my body and tossed it behind me. I knew that the thin material would get trampled but, I was wearing a stunning dress under, so I didn’t mind. And without my sari on, I could run faster to keep up with Leitun and the other Aeteans easier.

“You look nice,” Kalytem told me. I looked at him. It really sucked sometimes being only 5’2.” As it was, Lilly was 5’9” and made me feel short, but being near a tall 6’ something Aetean made me feel like a total midget. I looked forward and snorted. “Whatever, let’s just get these kids to the end.”

In a few minutes, we were at the end of the dark tunnel and it was a dead end. “Umm,” I started before Leitun went to the wall and pressed his hand against something. The wall moved over revealing a huge opening.

He turned around and the bright sunlight from outside created a bright silhouette and practically a perfect breeze swept in and blew his hair back. He turned to us in the tunnel and motioned his head to the street that lay behind him and my classmates behind me all rushed to the street. Once they saw the signal was back to their phones, virtually everyone began to call the police. I looked around and saw someone who was just crying. I slowly walked over and slid my hand next to her and grabbed her phone. I noticed that everyone was safe and sound, I turned around and began to run back to the school.

I barely had run a couple of feet when I heard another set of footsteps. I looked behind me. I saw leitun running back. I stopped in my tracks.

“What exactly are you doing?” I snapped and then mentally slapped myself. My Indian accent becomes super heavy when I become stressed and I find it quite annoying.

Leitun stopped in front of me. “Running into the dark?” he said. I opened my mouth to say something but he took off before I could. Unfortunately for me, Aeteans have the advantage over humans, and He was a guy, and about two feet taller than me so there was no way I could possibly catch up.

I gritted my teeth. I took off back to the school anyway. Lilly was my best friend and I should be the first person to have her back. I just hoped I’d be there in time to have her back.

I came across a fork in the tunnel and I remembered which one we had come through, but I realized that if I got back to the school, I’d only be in a dead-zone anyway. I took the other route and it quickly took me to E. Washington Blvd. which was about 2 blocks from school. I ran to school quickly and when I got there, I saw some men from HOME there. I squatted down and snuck past to go inside one of the less covered vans. I peered inside and saw a bunch of computers which I recognized as jammers. I looked around. There were two guys inside. I frowned. I had to stop the jammer without getting myself killed.

I felt the inside of my pockets. I had my lifted phone, iPod, and bindis and matches that I used during the cultural fair. I pursed my lips. Shit. What the hell was I going to do?

It then struck me.

I looked at my shirt. Good thing I wore this one because I really didn’t care for it. I only wore it because it was decent and able to still be unnoticed under my sari. I held it still with one hand, and shredded a good chunk with my other hand. I creeped around the van sure to make sure they didn’t notice me. I opened the gas tank as quietly as possible and shoved the piece of my shirt inside but left a bit out. I then used a match to light the end. I then stood up. I looked inside and smiled. The men noticed me and I waved. They quickly got up to exit the van and I took off. I used all my energy to sprint away and I didn’t have to turn around to know that they were aiming guns. But I ran as fast as I could before I heard a sudden BOOM.

Even though I was more away, the jolt pushed me and I tripped. Oh, the downsides of being 5’2” and 92 pounds. And it was loud as hell. I rolled over and looked at my damage. I was tired and slightly still scared, but I couldn’t help but smirk as I saw the guys on the floor passed out. The fire raged and smoke flooded the air. The van was totaled. I took out my phone and felt relief as I saw that I had signal. I then jumped as I heard men run towards my location.

Oh right. Loud Bang equals kinda noticeable. I forced myself up. I now could go complete my best friend duties. Lilly didn’t know how good she had it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Natasha. comment? :D