Status: Workin on it :)

Aeteanilise

Merry Christmas

December 25th, 2045
A small house
West Harriet Street
Altadena, California
11:27 p.m.

I sipped my hot chocolate. The sweet milk chocolate was warm against my lips and I could feel it flow down my torso. The whipped cream stuck to the top of my lip and I licked its sticky whiteness off me. I leaned to the side and placed my cup on the nearby dresser underneath the purple lamp.

I had made the table. Or at least, I decorated it. I bought a plain white dresser and then painted all over it with my own random doodles. For the most part it looked nice except that I gave up after the first two sides so the left side and back are still plain white. Eh. I’ll do it later.

The little bundle in my arms began to move and moan. I looked down. The baby was making an angry face in his face. I figured it was a nightmare. I readjusted his body so his tiny head could be near my heart and I began to hum. His little dark brown eyes opened but he didn’t cry. He just looked at me. His small, chubby fingers reached up to me and tugged on my shirt before his eyes began to flutter. I could tell that he was trying to stay awake. He was failing. I couldn’t help but smile at his desperate attempts to stay awake. He eventually fell back asleep in my arms but I continued to hum.

I stood up and walked to my dresser. I bent down slightly so I could turn off my lamp. I reached into my over-sized pockets and grabbed my TV remote and pointed it to the long forgotten show on my television. I pressed the red button and the TV shut off. I then tossed the remote to my abandoned couch. I kept rocking the little boy in my arms and began to make my way to our bed.

My house is a two bedroom house. One guest bedroom, and one that is mine and the bundle’s. Our room is mostly grays and blues. I would have done purple but blue is a boy color and very relaxing to the eyes.

My bed has one side on a wall. I sat down on the bed and placed the kiddo near the wall on the bed and then gently placed myself near him to act like the other side of a crib. I turned to the bundle next to me and looked at his little round face. His long eyelashes reached his chubby cheeks. His tiny lips were moved to the side because his right cheek was smooshed against the bed. His thick red hair stuck up into the air. I reached over and touched his fluffy hair.

His face reminded me of his father. The way his hair grew to the left. How his thick eyebrows started thin and got heavier the further out they were. It was a family trait that I had too. His skin tone was the same fairness as his mother. It wasn’t much but I assumed that as he grew, more similarities would be seen in his body and personality. But thinking too much about his parents hurt too much. I just wanted to be happy until the end of Christmas. I just wanted to think of the future and not the past.

I smiled at him and was grateful that I was able to spend Christmas with at least one family member on Christmas. Even if he couldn’t speak, he was my baby cousin. I couldn’t be more grateful.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and spread the word!