Status: Workin on it :)

Aeteanilise

Benefits of Creepers

January 8th, 2046
Altadena ECHS
College Side
Indoor Swimming Pool
Altadena California
4:07 p.m.

Leitun walked into the pool area. He considered for a moment going to the locker rooms to change into something more swimming appropriate, then decided that he honestly did not care to go out of his way for some nonsensical human politeness.

He unbuttoned his shirt. As he did, he winced at the pain he felt from the pressure on his fingers. He had never felt so sensitive before. Talking with others felt like he was standing next to a blowhorn all the time. The rays from light pained his eyes. And it was getting worse and worse. To make the pain hurt just a little more, he was hot. He was very, very hot. It felt like he was on fire all. The. Time.

It was because he was hot that he decided to take a dip in the school pool. Unlike other schools, this pool was salt water and not chlorine. Leitun hoped that meant it would be more relaxing since it was natural.

Leitun unbuckled his belt and slipped out of his jeans. He figured that boxers were close enough to human men’s swimwear anyway.

Leitun knew he did not have the energy to actually swim but he hoped just being in the water would take the burn away. He stepped into the shallow end of the pool and just sat on the steps. He was right. The burn subsided. He let out a sigh of relief.

Leitun leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He did not want to leave. He just wanted to escape the day. He wondered if escape meant there though.

Leitun had not talked to Lilly since she practically threw him off her property. It was not because he thought that she was being particularly mean or anything, he just did not want to see her. He could not handle it. Seeing her in the hospital so weak and fragile scared him and just seeing her in school was enough to remind him of the vivid image. He was sure that the doctors or someone told her she flat-lined at least four times. Four times. He had never thought of four as an evil number until he had seen her die four times in front of him.

Four times.

That is four too many.

Leitun groaned. He had a massive headache. He sunk lower into the water until the water passed his mouth and he had to breathe through his nose. The water was relieving to his hot cheeks.

He suddenly heard something from outside. It was not unusual for Aeteanilistic people to have more sensitive hearing than humans but with his extremely sensitive self at the current moment, he could tell that it was far away even though it seemed like the people were maybe on the other side of the wall.

Leitun listened carefully. He could not make out the words very well at first but he could tell it was female. He listened harder. It was Natasha. She was really upset about something. A boy? She was talking to Lilly. Leitun stood up and was greeted with what was normally ice cold air but since he was so hot, it felt extremely nice.

He walked to the wall from where the Natasha’s voice was coming from.

“I think you should tell him,” he heard Natasha say. He could not hear Lilly’s response but he heard Natasha’s groan and could tell that Natasha did not approve.

“Leitun deserves-“ they walked out of earshot. Leitun’s eyebrows narrowed. He turned around and started wondering what was wrong. Then he realized that he was a creeper so of course he knew where Lilly lived. Which meant that he could always visit and ask Lilly face to face.

He chuckled lightly to himself as he relished in the fact that creepers had some benefits. Then he stopped after realizing that laughing hurt his chest.

January 8th, 2046
A Small House
Altadena California
5:30 p.m.

I drove into my carport. I sighed. I didn’t think I’d be able to go to school in the morning. The pain was just getting worse and worse. I even ditched one of my club meetings because I just felt miserable. I was thirty minutes early! Usually Clare went home after six!

I groaned as I forced myself out of my car and began to zombie-walk over to my door. I walked into my house and looked around. I heard Clare in the other room with the Pudge.

“Clare?” I called. “I’m home!”

I heard footsteps then Clare stepped into the hallway. The Pudge was in her arms. He smiled his gorgeous smile and outreached his arms to me. I smiled. Even though I was in incredible pain, he just made my day.

“Hey, Pudgers!” I walked over and grabbed his plush body from Clare. It hurt my muscles to carry him but I didn’t mind. He was too adorable all smiley and stuff.

Clare leaned against the wall and asked me if everything was alright. “You usually don’t come home for a bit more, Lilly,” she said.

I rolled my eyes. “I can come home early!” I bounce the Pudge in my arms. “Geeze, are we married? It’s not like I got fired from work.”

Clare gave me a stern look.

I smirked. “I’m fine.” I told her. “Now take back the kiddo while I go change into something more comfortable.” Or something not excruciatingly painful.

I ran to my room and began to change. I heard the doorbell ring and I was about to go out in my shirt only to answer it when a quick holler from Clare rang throughout the house.

“LILLY, I’ve got it so don’t you dare come out indecent!”

I smirked. Okay. Sometimes I’m a bit predictable. Sue me.

I slipped out my t-shirt and began to put on some pajamas which I almost never wore except for when I am sick… I think cancer is a good argument for sick. I like wearing them when I’m sick because they are the extremes for whatever. My summer pajamas are very, very, very thin and smooth and my winter pajamas are very, very, very warm and soft. I knew it was winter but I decided to wear my summer pajamas because… well…. I was burning up.

I thought about Kaden. What was I going to do if I did die? I had no one left to give him over. Kaden was my world. I couldn’t bear the thought of him in an orphanage or foster care or any system for that matter. But I also hated the idea of him living alone in any house.

I rubbed my temples. It hurt to think too hard. I finished putting on my slip/nightgown. It was white with little lace flowers for the straps and little puffed sleeves on the side. It was incredibly girly but really soft and silky and I like things that feel nice.

I walked out of my bedroom and made my way to the kitchen where I heard Clare talking to whom I assumed was the Kaden. I was wrong.

“Clare, who was at the door? I didn’t think Natasha-” I walked in and saw Clare, the Pudge and my worst nightmare… Leitun at my table.

“Leitun?” I croaked. He looked at me and sat up.

“Yes?” he answered. “I thought I’d make a small visit to the woman I love. Like in those old Human stories.”

I glared at Clare. “You let this guy in my house?” Clare shrugged.

“He seemed nice enough,” she told me. HA!-was my only thought.

Leitun looked at me and I fumed. He then turned away and covered his eyes.

“What!?” I demanded to know.

“I just…” he started, “I think I lost my innocence.”

I looked down. CRAP. I practically died where I stood. I had forgotten that I was wearing my very girly, slightly honeymooney pajamas. Of course he would be there when I actually decided to wear a pair.

And my very bright red bra and purple underwear were quite visible.

I did die. For a moment. I literally was so embarrassed that I died. It’s okay. I came back. Had to for me to fume. Run out the room, then run back to slap Leitun (which actually hurt my hand) and run back to my room.

He lost his innocence? What about ME?

January 8th, 2046
A Small House
Altadena California
5:53 p.m.

Leitun turned and covered his eyes.

“I think I just lost my innocence,” he said.
Lilly ran out the room, then ran back, slapped Leitun which hurt more than usual because of his recent sensitivity, then ran back out of the room.

Leitun rubbed his cheek.

He looked at Clare and Clare just shrugged and smiled.

Lilly returned quite quickly wearing a black camisole and medium low-rise dark wash jeans. It was her normal outfit. But she walked into the kitchen unusually annoyed. She looked at Clare and told her-

“Gimme the Pudge.”

“Now, Lilly, I really think that-”

Lilly glowered. “The. Pudge. NOW.”

Clare had to fight to keep a smile from creeping across her face. She gave Lilly the baby and Lilly began to bounce him as if happy. The baby was happy, Lilly however kept her angry face on.

Clare left the room leaving Leitun and Lilly together. Leitun looked at Lilly.

“I said you took my innocence,” he began. “Not that you had to change.”

“Why you-”

“I mean, wow. I have been dreaming of that moment for a while now but I never thought it’d happenen so soon.”

“Leitun…” Lilly said in a low threatening tone.

“And just think, I was planning on using alternative methods to get you ready. Some plans included getting you drunk… drugs… even ‘does this smell like chlorofor-”

“Are you serious? If anything now I can never get married in some countries!” Lilly argued.

“HA!” Leitun said triumphantly. “So we are to be wed!”

“Leitun!”

“And you have got to wear that little number from earlier at our honey-”

“Leitun,” this time Lilly said it seriously. Her tone was low and gentle. Leitun was taken aback. It had the same sound as a mom.

Lilly sat down and pulled out Kaden’s foot from his mouth and replaced his toes with a nearby teething toy. Leitun looked at Lilly.

“Why are you-”

“I didn’t see any…. Pictures in the house,” Leitun interrupted. He had to think for a moment to translate “pictures” properly. “Isn’t that customary to have in any household? Even my place has got pictures.”

Lilly did not answer. She just looked to Kaden and began to play with him. Leitun looked at the two.

“Is he yours?” he asked. Lilly did not look up. Leitun took in a breath.

“Lilly,” he said leaning over the kitchen counter, closer to Lilly. “Is the kid yours?”

Lilly sighed and gave him an annoyed look. She pushed back her hair behind her left ear.

“No,” she started. “I suppose, not biologically he is not my son. But!” She looked at Leitun with all the strength she could manage and said, “He is in every other way mine.”

Leitun nodded. “Where are his parents?”

“Since when have you been this nosy?”

“Since this girl saved my life.”

“You saved mine.”

“Well, I couldn’t stay in debt forever.”

Lilly sighed. It was already six. The baby was beginning to get fussy because it was time for his nap. She adjusted him so that his chubby cheek rested on her shoulder and she began to rock him. Leitun watched and realized that she had clearly been doing it for a while.

“You going to tell me?”

“I don’t see how it’s your business.”

Leitun sat back down and crossed his arms.

He ran his fingers through his hair and said, “I hear you and Natasha talking about me earlier today. What was that about?”

Lilly’s eyes widened. “What?”

“I heard you two,” Leitun repeated. “Are you going to tell me what it is that I ‘have a right to know?’” He put air quotes around the end of his sentence. Lilly rolled her eyes.

“Humans haven’t done that since the 1990s.”

“Whatever. What’s the thing I should know?” Leitun’s expression became smug. “Is the kid mine? Because that must have been one crazy night with a ra-a-a-pid development after.”

Lilly rolled her eyes. She stood up and continued to bounce the baby. She looked out the window above her kitchen sink.

“I think you already know,” she whispered.

Leitun raised an eyebrow.

Lilly turned to him. “The heat? The pain? The sensitivity?”

“Woah, Babe, not in front of a kid!” Leitun winked.

“Leitun! I’m serious!” Lilly caught herself before her voice got too high. Kaden was almost asleep.

“Leitun!” she said hushed. “I feel like every day I’m getting worse and worse! This pain isn’t going away no matter how hard I try! I wasn’t going to tell you but it’s obvious that you already know or were suspicious and frankly I don’t have the luxury of just being able to die whenever I want! I have a responsibility to this kid.

“I can’t just leave him to foster care or leave him to leave himself to take care of himself. I can’t leave him here left to wonder why he has no family and no one with any answers. I can’t die! I just can’t! I just-” the emotion was making Lilly heat up more and Leitun could tell. He stood up quickly and caught her before she lost her balance completely.

He grabbed her arm and Lilly regained her balance. Lilly looked at him. Leitun’s long fingers were hot against Lilly’s slightly damp skin. His hand wrapped around her arm completely. Lilly only ever remembered how tall he was when he stood right next to her. He seemed to have gotten taller.

Leitun had not really thought about how fragile Lilly was. She was small, thin, and so… human. She was soft. He took a deep breath. His being hot already was not helping him control his urges either, especially when she was looking at him with such gentle eyes.

Lilly coughed and pulled away embarrassed. Leitun was about to say something when Lilly put up a hand to silence him. She stood in place and listened carefully. Leitun listened too. Then he heard it too.

Lilly walked out of the kitchen. Leitun followed suit.

“Clare?” Lilly called out. She looked around. Then, she heard it. She and Leitun both turned to the left and saw her. Clare was tied up and struggling against a large man.

Lilly’s heart stopped for a moment in fear. Clare bit on the man and he let go of his clasp on her mouth.

“RUN!” Clared screamed. “Run, Lilly!”

Lilly did not have to think twice. She and Leitun both bolted and the man began shouting codes that made no sense until other men began to come out of other rooms.

Leitun and Lilly took only a few moments to run to Lilly’s car out front. Lilly reached into her pocket and was glad she put on her dirty jeans because they had her car keys in them. She pulled out the keys and pressed the unlock button. Leitun made for the driver’s seat but Lilly surprisingly beat him. He jumped over her tiny car and opened the passenger’s side. Lilly jumped into the car and when Leitun sat down, she handed him the baby in her arms.

“You better hold on,” Lilly ordered him. Leitun did not comment back.

Lilly started up the car and they took off.

H.O.M.E. had followed her to her house.

“Great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I adore comments. I'm just saying. It makes me feel special inside.