Status: Workin on it :)

Aeteanilise

Cultural Fair: Get Out

December 19th, 2045
AEC Auditorium
1:10 p.m.

Thain walked along the outer edge of the auditorium. The students watched him wearily. Each step he took broke the dead silence with a loud thump. He walked proud and tall and the students were scared, but they weren't willing to let one of their own go to him.

Perallis was still on the floor, and one of the HOME team held her at point blank. Natasha could see Perallis from her booth. She had pushed back the others so they couldn't see but she knew that that didn't do much. They knew Perallis was in danger, and not being able to do anything was killing them.

"So," Thain began. His voice boomed across the auditorium. The tense pitch of his voice revealed just how upset he was. He was losing his patience. "Are you going to hand them over? Or do we have to use other means?"

Kalytem gritted his teeth. Cladorai held onto his shoulder. She knew the feeling he had. Of all of them, Kalytem had the shortest temper, and hated feeling helpless. His ilitis glowed fiery red and his eyes began to change into a deeper color. Cladorai pushed his head down. If his ilitis glowed too much and was noticed, then Natasha would be in trouble and Perallis would be too.

Natasha noticed out the corner of her eye, a shadow movement. It was quick. It took Natasha a moment to realize what she had seen, or rather, what she hadn't. She realized that the guard who once was in the corner had disappeared and only his gun remained in the spot he once had been. Natasha focused on the area harder only to notice, again, out the corner of her eye, a shadow move and another guard missing.

She raised her eyebrow. She stepped outside the tent to look around the auditorium. Slowly, as Thain spoke to the room of students, some of the HOME guards were disappearing. Natasha couldn't decide if this was good or bad. Then, suddenly, one of the guards began to fire their gun.

The bullets shot towards to ceiling and clanged against the metal poles holding the structure up. The entire auditorium turned towards the sounds of the bullets. Thain's eyes narrowed and he realized that he was missing about seven of the original fifteen guards he once had. At first he wondered how he could have missed their disappearing but it didn't take him long to figure it out.

Out of the shadows, a boy walked out. He was an Atean. Thain scowled as the boy looked straight at him and said-

"Hello. My name is Leitun. I believe you were looking for me?"

December 19th, 2045
AEC Auditorium
1:15 p.m.

Leitun raised his eyebrows. "Umm. I thought when a person says 'hello' the phrase is supposed to be returned. Or is my Earth manners off?"

One of Thain's guards stepped forward. "That's right, for HUMANS. I would-"

Thain raised his hand. The guard stepped back. Thain looked at Leitun. "Hello, Leitun," Thain began. Leitun raised his eyebrows. Thain's jaw clenched. Leitun's condescending attitude was seen by everyone in the auditorium. His dark gray eyes never left Thain and Thain became irritated at Leitun's chutzpah and cocky attitude. Leitun could tell and a smug smirk creeped across Leitun's face. Thain held back a growl.

"Where are my men?" Thain asked as calmly as he could.

Leitun turned to the side and touched his face thinking. "Now normally I would tell you but I can honestly say," he gave a sideways glance towards Thain, "I have no knowledge as to their location." Thain’s eyes narrowed.

Leitun reached down to his pockets and Thain’s men all aimed their guns. Leitun looked at Thain. “Hey,” Leitun said, “Would appreciate it if your men laid off. After all, I’m only the messenger.” Leitun thought for a moment. “And a soldier… I’m also following orders.” Thain raised an eyebrow. Leitun continued to reach for his jean pocket and pulled out a packet of pocky. He ripped it open and pulled out and took a bite. Leitun looked to Thain and held out a pocky.

“Want one?” he offered. “It’s strawberry. You humans have some really delicious candies.”

Thain didn’t move. He just glared at Leitun. Leitun shrugged and took another bite of his pocky.

“And whose orders are you following exactly?” Thain growled. Leitun stopped eating.

“The love of my life!” he proclaimed. Despite the situation, a majority of the student body couldn’t help but smile. Leitun smiled brightly. “And she’s a twinge bit on the angry side.” Leitun chuckled. “But she’s so darned adorable when she’s mad.”

Thain rolled his eyes. “And who exactly is-“ But mid-sentence, there was a loud clang. The another, and another and suddenly, metal sheets lowered over the windows and shut the auditorium from the outside world; and light. The auditorium became completely dark except for Leitun’s ilitis which glowed and he let it glow slightly brighter.

Leitun looked at Thain and when he knew Thain was watching, he smiled. “Looks like she’s done,” Leitun said. Then, his ilitis went out and the room was pitch black. Thain ground his teeth and raised his hand. He snapped his fingers and a couple of his men whipped out their flashlights.
Not all his men had Flashlights, after all, they weren’t planning on needing them. But even with the few, Thain could see well enough. Certainly enough to see a young girl with a remote in her hand. The girl was human. She was tall though, about 5’9” and had long, wild curly hair. She had golden brown skin and dark brown, almond-shaped eyes. She stood tall and stared directly at Thain and her thick eyebrows narrowed. She opened her pink even lips and said, “That’s cheating.”

Before Thain’s men could act, she hit a red button and Thain could feel the electric charge through the air. The flashlights went out but more importantly, and Thain realized this quickly, the guns were out. Thain cried out but suddenly, he heard something. The floor beneath him began to shake and he heard movement. He tried to walk forward but he had to be careful because it was so dark. His men were loud and yelling, trying to communicate with one another. But Thain realized something. He didn’t hear the kids.

As if to confirm this, the auditorium suddenly was filled with red light. On one of the metal braces holding up the ceiling, Thain could see the girl. More importantly, He didn’t anyone else besides his men.

“Hello Thain. I’m Super Pissed-Off,” the girl began. “And I enjoy long walks on the beach, pocky candies, and most of all, NOT HAVING MY SCHOOL ATTACKED.” She tilted her head and her hair fell to her waist. Her eyes looked at Thain with as much fire as the red lights, and wilderness as her hair. She smiled. “Now, as Representative of this School, I ask you please, to get. The. Hell. OUT.”