Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“Wow, that movie was… Strange. But good, nonetheless” Jacklyn laughed slightly.

“I know, Jamie gave it to me.” I shrugged, taking the DVD out of the player.

“Oh, that explains everything.” Jacklyn smiled, me sitting back on the couch and pulling her on my lap. I kissed her neck a little, she giggled. “Matt?”

“Hmm?” I looked at her, my lips still on her skin.

“What Jamie said, about the sex. Well, I’ve been thinking, I’m ready. We know each other a lot. And I trust you.” Jacklyn said softly, staring into my eyes.

“Well, I don’t want to force you into anything.” I pulled my face in front of hers.

“And you’re not. Whenever you’re ready, I’ll be ready.” Jacklyn nodded and kissed my lips softly. “Okay?”

“Alright.” I nodded and kissed her again.

"Someone's ready," she laughed as I leaned her back on the couch.

"Just a little," I laughed as I kissed her neck.

--------

"Wake the fuck up!" Jimmy yelled in the answering machine, I groaned and sat up, letting the sheets fall down to my waist as I grabbed the phone next to the bed.

"What do you want?" I whined

"Keegan fell off the monkey bars in the park and broke his wrist, we're at the hospital, but listen he's okay, and he's awake-"

"You let my child get hurt!" I yelled throwing the sheets off me, getting a whined from Jacklyn who lay behind me. "Dude what the hell!" I threw on some pants and ran to the closet. "Jacklyn get some clothes on, we have to get to the hospital."

"What? Why?" she asked sitting up, grabbing her clothes that was variously thrown across the room.

Wonder why?

"Keegan broke his wrist, on the monkey bars," I said as I threw a while long sleeve shirt on with one hand. "Jimmy said he's okay but he's broken a bone!"

"Okay lets go," she jumped up hopping around trying to get her pants on right as I walked out the door.

"We'll be there soon Jimmy," I hung up and grabbed Jacklyn's hand; bring her to me as we walked out the door.

Sure I felt guilty having sex with this woman that I've known what? Less than a week? And not to mention my wife, what would Kodah think; honestly this is starting to sink in to much, now I feel horrible.

"Matt are you okay?" Jacklyn asked as we jumped in the van, buckled and backed out of the driveway.

"I'm fine, just have a little to much on my mind and its getting to me, don't worry," I said smiling reassuringly at her, or was it for me?

"Are you sure?" she asked softly as she grabbed my right hand, bringing it to her lap as she held it tightly and yet gently.

"I'm okay," I whispered as I drove to the hospital. "I'm just worried."

As we ran into the hospital, holding hands, I had flashbacks of when I was in the hospital with Kodah, and they weren’t welcoming flashbacks either, they made me hurt, physically and mentally.

"Dude theirs Matt and Jackie," Brian said as he and Johnny stood up from the waiting rooms, little plastic chairs.

"What happened?" I asked frantically

"Listen dude, it was a freak accident, Jimmy was holding him up and he just fell backwards, Jimmy and Johnny both tried to catch him but he fell on his wrist and it broke, but he's okay, he's awake and playing with Jimmy."

"Are you sure he's okay?" I asked, they saw the fear in my eyes that was my son, my child, my life.

"Dude, he's okay because Jimmy keeps apologizing over and over and all Keegan will do is laugh and hit Jimmy in the head," Brian said laughing

I sighed and walked into the room, Jamie had Keegan on her lap and Jimmy was poking him in the belly. “Hi, Mattie!” Jamie turned to me and smiled. “Kiss!” She tapped her cheek; I simply shook my head and walked over to Keegan.

“Hey, Jamie.” Jacklyn sat next to Jamie on the bed.

“Hello, Jacklyn. How was your wild night with Matt?” Jamie smirked.

“Uh,” Jacklyn rubbed her arms. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh please, don’t try and cover it up. I know all the signs that Matt makes after he has sex.” Jamie nodded. “So, don’t think you can try and outsmart me, honey. I’m un-outsmart-able.”

“Jamie, that’s not a word.” Jimmy looked up to her.

“It is now.” Jamie shrugged. “But, seriously, how was it?” Jamie averted her attention back to Jacklyn.

“I don’t see how that’s any of you business.” Jacklyn looked away, blushing.

“Alright, alright. I get it. I’ll stop asking.” Jamie sighed.

“Jamie,” I looked over to her. “Remember when you did that to Kodah?”

“Yep, and she got mad and wouldn’t talk to me for a week.” Jamie nodded.

“Exactly, so why would you say something to Jacklyn?”

“I dunno. I can, so I will.”

“That lifestyle is gonna get you killed.” Brian laughed as he walked in.

“None of you would let me get killed. I know that every single one of you would take a bullet for me.” Jamie grinned.

“Of course we would, Jamie.” Brian scoffed sarcastically.

“Don’t be mean.” I laughed, Brian sticking his tongue out at Jamie.

“Mommy Jamie?” Keegan looked up to Jamie.

“Yes, sweetie?” She gazed down at him.

“I’m tired…” He rubbed his eyes and laid his head back on Jamie’s chest.

“Okay, baby. We’ll put you down to bed now.” Jamie stood up and laid Keegan on the hospital bed, being careful with his casted arm. “Nighty night.”

“Night.” Keegan yawned and closed his eyes.

“Awww!” Jacklyn smiled, then looked around. “Hey, where is Zacky?”

“Oh, he’s out with the kids shopping. For what, I do not know, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to.”

“Maybe it’s a birthday present.” Jimmy suggested.

“Ohhh! Maybe!” Jamie clapped her hands softly. Jimmy then shot a look at me, I nodded, knowing it was about the surprise party. “You know what? I’m gonna go out and spoil myself!”

“Great, go ahead.” Johnny waved Jamie out of the room. She happily stood up, grabbed her purse, and skipped out of the hospital. “She’s finally gone!”

“Okay, hold on.” Brian took out his cell phone, called Zack, and put it on speaker.

“Hello?” Zacky answered the phone; you could hear Codi laughing in the background.

“Yo, dude.” I laughed at Codi’s high pitched giggle, she sounded like Frank when he laughed.

“Okay, so the party is at our house tomorrow at six. You don’t have to get presents; she doesn’t need any more shit… Where is she, anyway?”

“She went out to spoil herself” Jimmy smirked.

“Damn that woman, her card burns a hole in her pocket.” Zacky laughed slightly. “I don’t know what to get her!”

“You’re an idiot.” I sighed.

“I know.” He mumbled. “Anyone have any ideas?”

“You’re on your own, man.” Jimmy laughed.

“No! Please! I need he-“ Zack whined until Brian hung up the phone.

“He’ll be fine.” Brian nodded
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!