Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Oh come on Keely!" I cried out as I grabbed Keegan's arm and pulled him along as I pushed the cart down the isle after him. "Keely!"

"Is this one yours?" a voice said behind me, I turned around to see a small petite girl, with bright red, orange and yellow hair, she was holding Keely's hand as she walked up to me.

"Yes, thank you," I said scooping Keely up in my arms. "Keely, you can't run off from me like that baby."

"Sorry daddy," she said in a giggly response, she kissed my lips and laid her head on my shoulder, I laughed and glanced at the girl.

"That was cute, I'm Jacklyn," she said in a raspy sort of tone, she held out her hand and smiled.

"Matt, this is Keely, that's Charlie, Keegan and James," I explained as I shook her hand while smiling, she laughed and waved at the kids.

"Nice to meet you," she said smiling as she let go of my hand and crossed her arms. "They all yours?"

"Yeah, all four," I said smiling proudly, she grinned and looked at them.

"They are all adorable, how old are they?" she asked as she ruffled Keegan's hair. "Beautiful children."

"All of them are four," I said nodding as I glanced at them; they really were all beautiful, they all looked like their mother.

"I have one of my own, she's two and her names Acelin," she said as she glanced back at me. "She had midnight black hair."

"That's adorable, I honestly don't know how Keegan had got his blond hair, I have brown hair and their mother had red," I said chuckling a little.

"She's a very lucky lady, they are beautiful, children really are a blessing."

"They really are, and she is," I said smiling

"Are you married? Sorry to get all personal," she apologized

"Oh, I was married but my wife passed away four years ago, and don't worry it's not too personal, my whole life is practically an open book," I explained as Keely shifted her head to the other side. "What about you?"

"My boyfriend left me for a stripper." Jacklyn sighed.

"Oh, I'm sorry…" I said softly.

"Nah, it's okay. He was an a-hole." Jacklyn laughed slightly. "Well, I better go find pop tarts. If I don’t get any, Acelin would be so upset."

"Wait!" I stopped her form walking away. "How would you like to… Come over for dinner? My friend can baby-sit Acelin."

"Like a date?" Jacklyn asked.

"More like… New friends getting to know each other a little better."

"Alright." Jacklyn nodded and handed me her number. "Call me when you're ready." She smiled and walked away.

"Yes!!!" I shouted softly. After that, I rushed through shopping, got home as fast as I could, and called Jamie.

"Hello?" Jamie picked up the phone.

"Jamie!!! Can I ask a few favors from you?"

"Sure."

"Okay, first off, can you come cook dinner over here tonight?"

"Sure, why? Got a hot date?" Jamie joked.

'Well, not a 'hot date' per say…"

"Oh my God!!! You got a date already?!?!"

"Yes, hush up, will ya? Oh and can you watch Keely, Charlie, Keegan, and James tonight along with Jacklyn's daughter?"

"Oh, yeah. Jacklyn, is that her?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll be right over." Jamie said sweetly.

"Thank you so much. I owe you."

"Yes, you do. You're just lucky that I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Yay!!!" Jamie laughed, then hung up the phone.

--------- ---------

"Jamie, you a lifesaver." I hugged Jamie, rocking her back and forth.

"Yes, I'm amazing!" She smiled and laughed.

"I owe you…"

"And I have an idea on how you can pay me back. Now, you don't have to go along with it, but…"

"Just tell me." I demanded.

"This is gonna sound so weird. I had always had a huge crush in you when we were younger. And when Zach and I started seriously dating, I wondered if I had made the right choice when I had told him that I liked him and didn't tell you."

"Where is this going?"

"I've already talked about this with Zach, and he understands fully why I want, no, need this. I want you to kiss me. Not anything huge, just a little peck."

"Jamie, uh, I don't know how I feel about this. You're my best friend's wife."

'But you have to understand, I need this. To know if I really did make the right choice." Jamie said softly, I had never heard her like this before. So serious.

"Alright." I nodded and kissed her softly on the lips. A second later, I pulled away, Jamie still standing quietly. "So?"

"I… I don't know." Jamie looked at me. "But thank you. A lot."

"You welcome." I said softly as she rested her head on my shoulder. When Jamie kissed me, I don't know, it felt like I was kissing Kodah. I wanted more, but knew it was wrong, oh so wrong. Maybe it was a bad idea to go along with Jamie. I was drawn out of my thoughts by a knocking on the door. "That's probably her."

"Go get her." Jamie looked up to me and smiled. I pulled away and opened the door.

"Hi." Jacklyn waved with one hand and held Acelin with the other.

"Uh, hey." I said nervously.

"Is this Acelin? She beautiful." Jamie walked up to Jacklyn and waved to Acelin.

"Yeah, she's Acelin. Are you Matt's girlfriend?" Jacklyn looked at Jamie.

"Oh, ha-ha, no. I'm just a close friend. Just friends, nothing more…" Jamie laughed with just a hint of sadness. Jamie's been so weird around me lately. Did something happen between her and Zach? I'll ask her later… "Here, I'll take her up to the playroom."

"Alright. Be good for Mrs... Uh…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me if this is good?