Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“I now pronounce you, husband and wife.” The priest finished. “You may now kiss the bride.”

“Finally.” Brian mumbled and kissed Kayci passionately, the crowd cheering. I looked over to Montana, who was being kissed on the cheek by Jimmy and then over to Jamie, who was hysterically crying into Zacky’s shoulder. I shook my head and laughed as Matt took my hand and followed Kayci and Brian out of the church. And soon, we were all at the after-party.

“I want to drink!” Jamie rubbed her stomach as she glared at Zack, who had a beer in hand and was walking over to Brian. Jamie grew way more than I had, about the size of a slightly over inflated soccer ball.

“Me too.” I rested my head on her shoulder. My stomach had gotten to about half the size of Jamie’s, luckily. "Well kinda, I want wine."

"I want beer," she said bluntly as she rolled her neck and started at me. "I want beer and I can't have any because Zacky impregnated me."

"Honey, I know that because Matt impregnated me, calm down," I said softly as I patted her arm. "But its worth it, remember."

She grumbled under her breath, which made me watch with amusement as I giggled slightly until I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked up and smiled at Matt. "Want to dance?"

"Have Brian and Kayci danced yet? I think she and her dad are supposed to them her and Brian," I said softly as I stood up with his help.

"They are right now, Brian and Kayci are, she and her dad just danced," Matt explained as we walked slowly over to the side to watch Brian whispering in her ear as she and he slowly danced, Brian holding Kayci's left hand while he had his right around her waist.

"It's beautiful," I whispered as I watched them dance, I remember my wedding with my ex husband Martin, it was sweet and short but still, amazing.

"You were married once right? Was your wedding like this?" Matt whispered as he leaned down so he was at my ear.

"No," I said sadly. "It was small and very simple, I wanted a larger wedding but he didn't want one."

"Then that's what you'll get when we get married," he said matter-of-factly as he held his hand out for me to dance with him.

"Alright, just a question but was that a proposal or a statement? I'm not good with figuring that stuff out, you know that."

"Want me to put it simpler?" he asked as he walked backwards all the way to the center of the dance floor, he got on one knee and stared up at me. "Jacklyn Ann Zuko, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I said softly as I smiled and pulled his hand, making him stand up so we could kiss, he pulled me closer as he grabbed my other hand and put it up in the air to dance, we started dancing to the soft playing music as everyone around us clapped, Brian and Kayci where whistling rather loud as they stood up at the Bride and Groom's table, her mother faintly clapped her hands as she rolled her eyes.

"Kayci get down here and dance with me girl!" I screamed after I pulled away from his kiss. "Bring you're hubby!"

“Did I just see what I thought I saw?” Jamie ran, sort of, over to me and squealed.

“Yes!” I yelled and hugged her the best I could.

“Holy shit!” Zack walked over and patted Matt on the back. “Congrats.”

“Thanks.” Matt grinned back at Zacky, who held his hand out to Jamie.

“Care to dance, love?” He smiled at her.

“Why should I? You’re the one that did this to me!” She pointed to her stomach. “You just had to go and stick that thing in me!” And she pointed to his pants.

“Sorry?” He cocked his head to the side, confused. “So is that a yes or a no?”

“Fine.” She couldn’t help but smile and take his hand as he lead her out to the floor, as Matt did with me. It seemed almost perfect, four best friends dancing with the women they loved more than life itself, side by side.

Poor Johnny, he was stuck with Floyd at the bride's table...

-----At the end-----

“Bye, thank you guys so much for coming.” Kayci waved goodbye to the last of the guests and sighed happily. “I’m married. Holy shit!”

“I know, it’s amazing when it first really sinks in. Your taking it better than me, trust me.” Jamie laughed slightly.

“Yeah, when we first got to the after party, she was crying like crazy. And in the limo to the honeymoon, just uncontainable.” Zacky added.

“Yeah, I get emotional easy.” She sighed and laid her head on the table. “And tired, I’m gonna go home.”

“Bye!” Kayci, Montana, and I waved to Jamie and Zacky as they got up and left.

“And I guess we’ll go, too.” Montana pointed to Jimmy. “So you two can get going to your honeymoon!”

"Alright, bye guys," Kayci said as she held onto Brian's waist as he did the same. "Are you guys heading out too?"

"Yeah I think so," I said picking up Acelin. "We want you guys to go on and head out to…where are you going again?"

"Ireland," Kayci said happily as she looked up at Brian, who smiled and leaned down to kiss her lips.

"Aw, well we'll see you in a couple weeks," I said waving to her and Brian, while Matt grabbed my waist and pulled me out the door.

"Have fun guys," Matt said as he held the door open for the kids, while we’re all in tuxes that resembled Brian's, which were black with grey vest.

"I liked their wedding, we did well didn't we?" I asked with a smirk on my face, all us girls planned the wedding in three months, record timing.

"You did great," he said leaning over for a kiss, once he gave me a kiss he opened the van door and helped James in the back, Charlie, Keely and Acelin in the middle seat then Keegan in the back with James.

"Hey dude," Keegan said as he sat down beside James, let's just say that Brian has been teaching the kids how to speak Rocker as he said.

"Hey man," James said giving him a high five.

"He's turned my kids into miniature Synyster Gates'," Matt said wide eyed as he turned his head to me, I giggled and shook my head as I opened my door and got in.

"At least Keely acts like a lady," I said then glanced at the back to see her slapping Charlie in the arm for him poking her. "Somewhat…"

"Hey," Matt said shrugging his shoulders. "At least they are being themselves."

"Good point," I said nodding my head as he put the van in reverse so he could back out of the parking lot. "I want to go sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.