Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Only if you say so." Jamie smiled at me. "Oh, everyone is asleep upstairs. They we're great."

"Glad to hear it." I rocked Jamie back and forth. She laid her head on my shoulder. "You're probably tired. Go to bed."

"Alright." Jamie nodded and trudged up the stairs into the guest room.

------------

"Jamie?" I shook her shoulder softly.

"Hmmm?" Jamie cracked her eyes open slightly.

"I took all the kids over to Brian's. He, Johnny, and Jimmy wanted to baby sit. It that okay?"

"Yeah." Jamie nodded.

"Oh, and I'm gonna go out for the day."

"Alright…" Jamie smiled and laid her head back down. I turned around and headed out of the house and to Zach's. I angrily stomped out of the car and slammed my fist against the door.

"Hello?" Zacky opened the door. I stormed inside and slammed the door.

"You an idiot." I sneered.

"What?"

"You're an idiot. Jamie is so upset and tore up, all because of you." I stared at him.

"You know where Jamie is?"

"Yeah, she stayed at my house last night. She said she didn't even want to see you. What the hell? You haven't had sex since your honeymoon? And you give her no affection? Your really hurting her, Zach. A whole lot."

"It's just that… Ever since Kodah died…" Zach sighed.

"What does Kodah have to do with any of this?" I was close to screaming at him for hurting Jamie so bad and using my wife as an excuse.

"I loved her…" He mumbled. "I loved Kodah. Not a mutual love, I seriously loved her."

"Did you love her as much as you love Jamie?"

"Matt!"

"No! Answer the question. Did the love you feel for Kodah even come close to what you feel for Jamie?"

"No…but I loved her a whole hell of a lot Matt!"

"But you love Jamie more! Dude, she's so hurt right now. All tore up on the inside. She thinks you don't love her anymore." I growled. "Do you even love her anymore?"

"Yes! Of course I love her! More than anything else in the world! More than life itself!" Zach began crying.

"Then why are you treating her like this?"

"I just didn't think she loved me anymore after how I've been to her."

"Well, she does…"

"Can you help?" Zacky looked to me with pleading eyes.

"Fine," I sighed. "Go cook dinner," I grabbed a few roses from a vase on the table. "I'll go turn the bedroom into a sex paradise, with candles and rose petals and massage oils shit!" I smirked.

"I owe you so much, man." Zach sighed.

"Just promise me you won't treat Jamie like shit anymore."

"I promise." Zacky nodded.

"Good."

--------------

"Ahh, it's perfect." I smiled at all our hard work. It was great, a haven.

"Thank you, so much." Zach sighed, sitting on the couch.

"Welcome. I'll go tell Jamie to get her ass over her so you two can get busy!" I smirked, laughing.

"Hurry!!! I can't wait much longer!!!" Zacky stood up and rushed me out.

--------------

"Jamie?" I looked over to her; she was drawing something in her notebook.
"I think you should go home."

"I don't wanna!" She pouted childishly. "I don't want to go home and have to see that asshole."

"Please?" I pleaded with puppy dog eyes. She looked over to me and sighed.

"Fine..." Jamie said as she stood up and walked over to the door.

"Have fun!" I laughed, grinning.

"Yes, oodles of fun…" Jamie laughed slightly, walking out the door.

As she walked out the door, I looked down at myself and sighed, old wore out pants that were faded, white t-shirt that Kodah hated because it had barbeque stains on it and wore out sandals, I needed to change and call Jacklyn.

After I changed into clothes that looked good, dark blue jeans, black shirt and sneakers I grabbed the phone and pushed J in the search, 'J-Jamie, J-Jackass James, Jacklyn.' I pushed Jacklyn's name and put the phone up to my ear.

"Ace no! Hello?" Jacklyn's soft distracted voice came to the line.

"Hey it's Matt, should I call back?" I asked as I reached over by the lamp and grabbed my keys, it was around four, I needed to pick up the kids.

"Oh hi Matt, no you don't need to call back, Acelin is just annoying the crap out of me with these little piano toy things she has, smearing pop tart filling all over the keys," she explained with a heavy sigh. "How are you today Mr. Matt?"

I laughed as I closed the front door and locked it. "I'm fine, Keegan done that once but with jelly from a donut on the steps, Keely fell down them and broke her arm when he did, watch for the slip," I suggested as I reached the van I now drove. "How are you Miss Jack?"

"Wore out, tired, sleepy and yet very hyper, how has your day gone?" she asked as a scream was heard. "Damn it! Acey you okay baby?"

"She okay?" I asked as I started the van.

"She's fine, she scrapped her elbow," Jacklyn said as she was apparently picking Acelin up by the sound of everything.

"Aw," I said laughing "Tell her it'll only sting for a little bit."

"Did you hear that Acelin, Matt said it would only sting for a little bit okay baby?"

"Oh by the way, I'm going to go pick up the kids at my friends house, we're going to go to the park, do you and Acelin want to join us? Maybe she'll feel better when she plays with the kids again." I asked as I turned left down a road.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," she said laughing "Let me tell Acelin right quick, she ran off for her grandma to kiss her elbow."

"That's cute," I laughed as I drove up Brian's driveway for the second time today.

"It really is because she pouts her lip and started whining like a puppy, oh right anyway," she said then covered the phone asking Acelin if she wanted to go to the park. "She said yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are welcome!