Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"I don't think I'll ever let Jimmy cook again sweetie, he almost burnt the house down last time," I said buckling James up, she nodded and leaned her head back.

"What about uncle Johnny?"

"Maybe uncle Johnny but I'm not so sure, maybe I'll just cook?" I suggested as I shut the door and walked to the front seat, I sat down and cranked up the motor. "Or Brian can make that nasty stuff you guys like."

"No thank you," Charlie said shaking his head, he hated that stuff, it was a mixture between hamburger helper and lasagna.

"Good boy," I said nodding as I drove home.

--------

"Thank you Matt," Jamie shouted in the phone as I answered it, I blinked a couple time and rubbed my eyes.

"For what Jamie?" I asked yawning as Keely rolled over and kicked me in the gut.

"For helping Zacky and me, I'm very thankful because we're talking again and well other things," she laughed

"Oh you're welcome, glad I could help you guys, guess what Jamie, I took the kids out with Jacklyn and Acelin and Jacklyn kissed me," I said blushing

"Oh Mattie got some action, that's so sweet Matt keep her, she's nice."

"I don't know, I'd like to go out on an actual date with her again," I said softly as I pushed Keely over a little by sliding my hand under her back and lifting her up on the pillow, most the time she or Charlie would sneak into my bed because they had nightmares, she had them more than Charlie though, she always said the monster will get me, he doesn't like me.

I'm going to kill Brian for tell her monsters were read.

"Bring the kids over here at noon, call her and get your ass on a date with her pronto!" Jamie yelled then started giggling "Zack stop, I'm on the phone."

"Okay, dude gross stop it and you and Zacky wouldn't mind?" I asked

"No way in hell, we want you to be happy and have someone Matt, bring the rugrats over."

"Alright thanks Jamie, bye Zacky and don't do anything because I'm going to get the kids ready and I don't want to come over to your house and the kids see you."

"How is Codi and Aiden by the way?" Jamie asked

"Well I took them all out yesterday but Codi and Aiden were still sleeping at Brian's so he said to let them stay, so they are over there," I mumbled

"You left my kids with the moron? Thanks Matt," she mumbled

"Johnny and Jimmy won't let anything happen, and I'll go pick them up okay," I said as I hung up, not wanting a answer. "Keely wake up babe."

"No daddy," she whined

"Don't you want to see Mommy Jamie?" I whispered tickling her sides a little, she giggled and opened her eyes and nodded. "Then get you're butt up girl."

"Pick me up!" Keely held her arms up. I laughed and picked her up, carrying her to the closet so her and the boys could get dressed. I quickly dressed them, loaded them into the car, and drove to Brian’s to pick up Aiden and Codi.

"Hello?" Brian opened the door, Codi on his shoulders.

"Hey, dude. I'm here to pick up Aiden and Codi." I chuckled at Codi, who was playing with Brian hair, probably putting it in knots.

"Okay, Aiden is with Jimmy screwing with the drums." Brian led us to where Jimmy was showing Aiden what to do.

"He's my little drum prodigy!!!” Jimmy laughed, pointing to Aiden. "This kid's amazing!
He's mine now!"

"No! Uncle Jimmy, you can't take Aiden! I lub him!" Codi pouted.

"Aww, are you sure?" Jimmy smiled and walked up to Codi. She nodded, him kissing her forehead. "Okay, you can keep him."

"Yay!!!" Codi clapped. "Thank you!"

"Your welcome." Jimmy grunted as he picked up Aiden. "C'mon, you're goin' home!" Jimmy and Brian helped me hook Codi and Aiden in the car, and as soon as they did, I went on my way to drop them off at Jamie’s and Zacky's.

--------

"Guys!" I knocked on the door, all six toddlers behind me.

"Just a second!" I heard Jamie yell. "Zach, no!" She scolded and rusted around. Finally she opened the door, pulling a shirt over her head.

"Ewww, you guys didn't." I shook my head and walked in with the kids.

"What? We had enough time!" Zacky laughed.

"Jimmy said that Aiden is his little drum prodigy and he wants him." I walked back to the door after everyone stampeded inside. "Guys, be good for Uncle Zacky and Mommy Jamie, alright?"

"Alright, daddy." Keely nodded along with the boys.

"Good. And you to," I looked over to Zacky and Jamie. "You be good, too!"

"Okay!" Jamie laughed. "We'll try."

"James, if Mommy Jamie and Uncle Zacky kiss, tell me, alright?" I bent down to James. He nodded and gave me thumbs up. "Good."

"Jesus, Matt. You're turning your kids into little spies!" Zach smiled.

"You'll deal with it." I opened the door and stepped outside. "Bye, guys!"

"Bye, Daddy!" Charlie waved. I closed the door and walked over to my car. I jumped into the driver’s seat and pulled out my cell phone.

"Hello?" Jacklyn asked

"Hey Jacklyn it's Matt," I said as I drove back to my house.

"Hey Matt, what's up?" she asked as I heard russling then something drop. "Ace, you okay?"

"What did she drop?" I asked

"Her toy, on her foot, she's crying that cry that she can't breath, hang on a second," she said "Baby breath."

"That child is clumsy as hell," I remarked as I heard her crying hard in the background.

"Yeah she is, she's so much like me when I was a baby, it's scary," Jacklyn said as she grunted, picking up Acelin. "Poor child."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine now," Jacklyn laughed, then Acelin was heard laughing. "I got her laughing now."

"I hear that, she's got an adorable laugh."

"Thank you, anyway what's up?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go on a date tonight, just you and me out at a fancy restaurant?" I asked as I drove in the driveway and turned off the car.

"I would like that, let me call Melvin and see if he can baby-sit and then I will call you back," she said laughing

"Alright, talk to you soon," I said smiling as I hung up and walked up the steps to the door.

"Hey Matt!" one of the neighborhood kids, Johnnie Reeds said

"Hey John, what's up?" I asked

"Nothing much man, did you hear about Francis?" he asked, Francis was a little old lady up the street.

"No what's wrong?" I asked leaning against the porch's rail.

"She died man, in her sleep, last night."

"Oh," I said in shock, she loved the kids, she was a sweet old lady. "Man I'm sorry, when's the funeral?"

"Two days, at Rize's funeral home, eleven in the morning I think," he said as he opened his door and walked inside. I shook my head in sadness as I walked inside and looked for the yellow book. I searched the pages for a nice, fancy restaurant to take Jacklyn to. "Fredric St. Pierre's, no. Frank's wing hut, defiantly no. The Fondue Pot, why not." I picked up the phone and called in the reservation. Soon after, Jacklyn called.

"Matt! I can go!" Jacklyn laughed, I assumed she was smiling wide.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Ahhh oh and Socially Awkward helps me write this shit, she's awesome.