Tell Me Where We Go From Here

God's Tears

We were all still in the airport where Gerard said, "Hey, you guys ready to go?"

"God, I am." Rachel said. I laughed.

"Okay then, lets go."

"Wait," Mikey said, "I've got to make a phone call."

"Okay, just hurry up. We'll bring the car around." Gerard said.

We all started walking outside when we saw lightning and heard thunder. I stared up at the sky. I always loved rain. Its almost like a perfect tragidy waiting to happen. A miracle waiting to happen. Or maybe something even magical. All of its happend to me in the rain. I stood there, waiting for God's tears to fall on my face. Even just a single tear would be fine with me. But every time I waited for his, I always felt mine first.

"Hey, are you coming?" Gerard said.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just waiting for Mikey." I said.

"Oh. Okay."

As I looked up at the sky, and waited for God's tears, Mikey came.

"Hey, where did they go?" he asked.

I looked around. "OH SHIT!" I said as Mikey and I saw the car drive away.

"Oh well, this isnt as bad as when we left Ray at a gas station."

"Oh my gosh. You really did that?" I said laughing.

He laughed too. "Yeah. And he finally called us when we were 1 mile down the road."

I laughed. "Oh my god. Do you wanna call them, or see how long it takes them to figure it out?"

"Um, I say lets give them 10 minutes, and if they haven't figured it out yet, they're afficially idiots!"

"Yeah. So, what do we do now?"

"Um, coffee?"

"Sure."

We walked around the airport until we found a little coffee place. "So, um, what do you want?" he asked.

"Um, a grande cinnamon dulche latte." I said and looked around the coffee place. 'Wow,' I thought to myself, 'New Jersey hasnt changed one bit.'

"Okay, lets go sit down." he said. I fallowed him to a table. "So, how are you?" he asked.

"Um, I guess I'm okay. I could be better." I said.

"How?" he asked.

"Well, I'm not sure. Just happier I guess." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, me too. I miss Helena." he said, looking down.

I touched his hand. "I know just how you feel."

He nodded. I saw a tear drop on the table. "It'll be okay Mikey. I promise."

He nodded and looked up. He smiled at me. Oh, his smile made my heart melt. I smiled back. "So, um," He said, looking away,"How long are you going to stay in college?"

"Well, I'm not so sure about that. Rachel and I are probally not going to go to college at all. We really just wanted to get out of New York. For me, I just wanted to get away from Grandmother. You know how she is."

"Yeah. Your Grandmother kinda scares me."

I giggled. "She scares a lot of people actually. She didn't always used to be that way though."

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I remember when I was little, she used to come and visit us all the time when Grandfather was alive. She was the sweetest lady. But when he died, it was like her whole world came to an end. All the sweetness she had in her went away with Grandfather. And then having her daughter die, I mean, wow."

"I can't imagine that ever happening to someone. Nobody deserves that."

I shook my head. "No, they really dont." I said.

"God damn! Are they here yet?"

"I dont think so. Do you wanna call them?"

"Um, yeah. I think we should."