Tell Me Where We Go From Here

Cemetery's and Cutting

After I got home, I had to groom that stupid cat of my grandmother's. It cut and scratched me everywhere. I was bleeding out my arms. But, I was used to it. I did it every night anyway, ever since my parents died. It was a ritual I had. But, some nights I didn't have to do it because the cat did it for me. After I was done, I went into my room and laid down on my bed. I thought about Mikey and how long it had been since I had seen him.

Then, the phone rang. Since my grandmother wasn't there, I picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey, who were you talking to in Wal-Mart today? They looked kinda cute." she said. I laughed abit.

"Yeah, do you remember me telling me about Mikey?"

"Eh, kinda."

"Well, that was him. And his brother Gerard. I'm supposed to go get coffee with them tomorrow. They're only going to be here until tomorrow afternoon."

"Oh my gosh! You have to let me come over and pick out your outfit and do your hair and makeup!"

"Well, grandmother is on one of her dates again, so come over right now. She's going to be gone awhile anyway."

"Okay, be over there in a sec!"

When she came over, she jumped on me. "Gosh Rachel! We just saw each other a couple ours ago."

"I know." she said smiling, "I brought the stuff!"

"YAY! SKITTLES AND MOUNTAIN DEW!" I screamed.

"Hehe, I knew you would do that. Now, let's get to your outfit." she said as she dragged me up to my walk-in closet.

"Okay now, we have a lot to choose from." she said as she grabbed a black and grey stripped shirt and some black skinny jeans.

"These'll do. And for the final touch,"she said, grabbing my pink converse and my black mini jaket. She handed all this to me. "Now go try this on and come out and let me see what you look like."

I went into the bathroom. I put on all my clothes, but you could still see the scratch marks left from the cat, and all my scars made from the razor. Rachel doesn't know about me cutting myself every night. She would freak if I told her. But, at least now I can blame it on the cat. I looked at myself like I did this morning. Most people would say that I was gorgeous on both the inside and the outside. I beg to differ that. Even if I may be pretty on the outside, I'm very dark on the inside. After my parents died, I was never happy again.

I walked out into my room and faced Rachel. She grinned wide and said, "Oh my gosh! You look gorgeous! Now, do a little spin for me." I spun around once for her. "Oh yes, this will definatly work. Now, there's nothing to do with your hair, it's perfect as it is anyway. But what to do with the eyes? I think you should just leave them the same. You should just leave them the way they are."

"Okay, anything else? Cause I really want some skittles!"

"Okay, okay. We can have some skittles now."

"YAY!!!!!!! I LOVE U!" I said hugging her.

" Of course you do. Now come on, it's getting late."

"Okay, hold on, let me get my Ipod and flashlight."

We walked out the door and down the street. I turned my flashlight on. We climbed the gate to get in. We were sure to be quiet, we didn't want to wake up the owners. We went over to the old mosolium. If you haven't guessed yet, we're in a cemetary. We always come here. It's our alone time. We talk about everything here. I used to come here by myself and think about Mikey and my parents. I used to pray alot here too.

After we were done I said, "Let's go look for a grave." I got up and and looked around for Helena's grave. "Where are we going?" Rachel asked.

"To find Helena's grave." I replied.

"Who's Helena?"

"Mikey and Gerard's grandmother." I said, taking her hand and guiding her to where her grave should be. We kept running until we found it. I bent down and touched the tombstone. It was smoothed and neatly ingraved. It said:

ELENA E. RUSH
[1920-2003]
LOVELY GRANDMOTHER, MOTHER, AND WIFE

WE'LL MEET AGAIN WHEN BOTH OUR CARS COLLIDE

The old Way saying. I laughed to myself. "What's so funny?" Rachel asked.

"Nothing. We should be heading back now. Grandmother should be back soon."

"Okay. Tell me tomorrow what happens." she said when we got to our front porch.

"She ya chicka-dee!" I said. She hugged me and left. I went inside and took a shower and laid down in my comfy bed. I then slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking of Mikey and Gerard.