Tell Me Where We Go From Here

Car Races and Phone Calls

Mikey, Rachel, and I all went into her house and sat down on her sofa. Her house was huge. It was huge like mine, but it had much more life in it. In grandmother's house, everything was white and it had no color in it. And everything was untouchable, for they were pricless items. And godforbid someone breathe on it. Jesus, you talk about a horror movie!

"So, uh, you guys want anything to drink?" she asked politley.

"No thanks." Mikey and I both said.

She sat down next to me.

"So, what do ya guys wanna do?" she asked.

"Uh......"Mikey said.

"Oh! I have a good idea! Let's race cars." I said.

"Yeah!" Rachel said.

"Race cars?" Mikey asked.

"Mikey, I can't believe you forgot! You're the one who showed me how to get behind the wheel and race at 100 miles per hour!"

"Uh, no I didn't."

"Yes you did. Just come with me. You'll know what I'm talking about."

I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the den section of the house. It had a huge tv in it. A playstation, two controllers, stuffed animals, kitchen area, a huge rug, and a couple of big pillows.

"I call the red car!" I said.

"Oh, now I know what you're talking about." He said.

"Jesus Mikey! How could you not remember?"

"Don't know, just slipped my mind I guess."

Rachel plugged in the play station and she and I got ready to race. '3, 2, 1, GO!' the screen flashed as we took off. Mikey sat down next to me. "I'm gonna beat you!" Rachel said.

"Nu-uh!" I said as I crashed into a policecar.

"Am too!"

"Shut up." I said.

After a few rounds, me and Mikey played. We got very competetive. "MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! IM WINNING!" Mikey screamed.

"NO, I AM!" I screamed.

"You guys do know that my parents are asleep right?" Rachel said.

But we didn't hear her. A few rounds later, Mikey's cell phone rang. "Oh, I have to take this, hold on." he said.

I paused the game. ' It's probally just Gerard or something,' I thought.

When he left, I just starred as he talked on the phone.

"Maggie. Earth to Maggie." Rachel said, waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I said.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you like somebody."

I blushed at this, "Ya, well...It's just been so long you know? I havn't seen him for 6 years. And, he was my first kiss."

"Oh....so you do like him."

"Yes."

She just smiled at this,"What?" I asked.

"You know, this is the first time I've heard you talk about somebody that you like."

Just then, Mikey came back. "So, what'd you guys talk about when I was gone?"

"Nothing." we both said.

Rachel gave me a look.

"Shut up." I mumbled to her.