The Untouchable... There's A Small Line Between Love And Hate

Chapter 4

Alexa stared at the hadsome boy from earlier, confused. THen she cought herself when she realized that she was staringn like an idiot in front of this incredibly hot guy. She lowered her eyes, her cheeks reddening, and tried to move around him, but he stepped in front of her again.

She attempted to side step him again, but it was no use. He wouldn't let her go. She let out a gasp of annoyance, her cheeks now red with anger, not embarrassment, and stared up into his beautiful (she couldn't help but noticing) blue eyes, wantinc very much to punch that exasperating smirk right off of his face.

"Can I help you?" she asked icily, her voice dripping with disdain. She didn't care how hot he was, nobody screwed around with her. She wondered who this guy thought he was. Everybody knew not to mess with her.

Everybody!

She could definitely feel her anger rising quickly.

The boy studied her, his gazing raking the length of her body appreciatively, his smirk still in place.

"I'm Draco Malfoy," he said haughtily, staring at her importantly as if his name should somehow mean something to her.

"That's good for you," Alexa said sarcastically, giving him an annoyed glare. "So why the hell can't you seem to get out of my way, Draco Malfoy? Walk much?"

Draco felt his tiemper rising rapidly. He couldn't believe she was talking to him this way. Shouldn't she be falling all over him right about now?

"Well," he said slowly, trying to regain his self-control, "I actually-"

"Uh-huh." Alexa said vaguely, cutting Draco off. "That's great and all, but I really need to be going, and it would just be peachy if you could move yourself out of my projected path. I really am not in the mood for violence right now, 'mkay?"

Draco stared at her angrily and said, "You listen here. Nobody ever talks to me like that."

Alexa gave him a disdainful once-over and snorted. "Then maybe I've done you some good."

She spared Draco one last scathing glare, then brushed by him, leaving him standing, dumbstruck, behind her.

What in the hell just happened? Draco thought to himself wildly.

He turned, glancing back towards the Ice Cream Parlor to see Blaise doubled over and laughing so hard he was literally gasping for breath.

He still couldn't believe that she had just blown him off. Just like that.

He hadn't even asked her name. Now it was sinking in, and he realized that he wasn't half as infuriated as he should have been. He was surprised to find that he was actually.. impressed.

No one had ever talked to him liek that before, least of all a girl.

Blaise, who was still laughing, stood up from the table and stretched languidly. He tossed the rest of his rapidly melting ice cream into the nearest trash bin, then turned to head towards Draco, who still stood motionless.

"So?" Blaise asked Draco smugly, when he walked to stand beside him. "Still up for this bet, Malfoy? I'll still let you back out graciously now if you can't handle the pressure, if you're not up for the challenge."

Draco, who had still been watching the girl's retreating back with an amazed expression on his face, smirked mischievously and replied, "Oh, I'm up to it, Zabini. This'll be a piece of cake. That was just a warm up. She'll be all over me by the end of the first week back. My only concern is for you. I hope you don't cry too much when you lose. You up for that?"

"We'll see Malfoy. We'll see."

"This," Draco said, standing up as well, "Is going to be fun. It's almost a pity that it wont be a real challenge."

Oh yes, Blaise though to himself. This is most definetly going to be fun. I'll be witness to the fall of the Slytherin God.

But he didn't say anything. He simply smirked and began to make his way down the street and back to the Leaky Cauldron to meet his parents.

"Wait!" Draco yelled after his retreating back.

Blaise stopped and slowly turned to face Draco.

"What's the bet's name?" he asked casually. "We, ummm, didn't quite get around to the introductions."

Blaise laughed and answered, "Alexa. Alexa McCannon. And good luck with her. You're going to need it, Malfoy. I'll be seeing you Saturday. That's when the games really begin."

He turned to head down the steet again, happier than he had been all summer. There was no way Malfoy was going to win this bet.

The girl was untouchable.