Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Nine ♥

“I’m so nervous, Kenny,” I whispered to my other guy best friend while we waiting on the porch for someone to answer the door.
“You’ll be fine.” He stated, wrapping me up in his arm and placing a kiss on my forehead.
“You can do this, Doe.” Garrett softly encouraged beside him.
I nodded my head and Kennedy let go of me before the door swung open, showing Mrs. O’Callaghan.
“Ah!” She gushed, hugging us all. “Come on in!”
I laughed.
“Hey Momma Ohh,” I greeted as we walked into the very familiar house.
“My, my, my. Is that the ever so lovely, Dorinda Grace?”
I blushed when I heard Big John say my name, bringing all of the attention toward us. The huge crowded dining room consist of Julie, people who I assumed to be her parents, Maria, Pat, Jared, John, Ross and Shane.
“You look hot!” Shane nearly yelled.
I giggled at the youngest O’Callaghan boy while John too the liberty of smacking him in the back of the head.
“John…” Mrs. O’Callaghan warned playfully.
“Hi everyone,” I smiled and waved awkwardly.
John got up from his seat and engulfed me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly before I let go.
“Glad you three could make it.” John laughed after he pulled away from me.
“Awe, you and Kennedy almost match!” I gushed, looking between thetwo of them.
“No we don’t.” Kennedy grumbled, then mentioning something about how he has a whole I his jeans.
John rolled his eyes before leading us back to the table. There was an empty seat between him and Pat. Julie and Maria were sitting across from him, where an empty seat was going to be taken up my Kennedy.
“Hello, darling.” Kennedy stated dramatically before he swooped down and planted a small kiss on Maria’s lips.
“Hello,” Maria replied with a smile.
They were so in love.
“John, don’t be rude.” Mr. O’Callaghan stated.
John got the message and nodded.
“Dia, you know the guys, my family, and Julie…but this is Julie’s dad Bob and her mom Renee.” He introduced. “Bob and Renee, this is my best friend, Dorinda Grace Pope.”
I smiled politely at them.
“It’s nice to meet you,”
“It’s nice to finally meet the woman Julie will never compare to.” Renee joked with me.
Although I felt a pain in my heart, I put on my brightest fake smile.
“Don’t worry, I’ll show her the ropes.” I stated, making everyone laugh.
“How is training coming along?” Momma Ohh asked me.
“Intense as ever,” I huffed. “I’m going to start hardcore next month so there’s not going to be a lot of time when I’m home.”
She smiled and nodded.
“What do you do for a living?” Bob asked me.
“I’m a gymnast.” I replied.
“Dia’s been to the Olympics a few times.” John smiled over at me.
“Oh…that’s insane.”
I smiled.
“I’ve gone a few commercials too.” I added. “I love doing it. I’ve been in gymnastics since I was five.” I replied.
“Do you do anything else as a source of income?”
“Not really. I like to ice-skate, but that’s more of a hobby.” I replied. “I own a small clothing store called Dia’s.” I replied with a smile.
“How does that go with you so involved in gymnastics?”
“I have very trustable employees,” I laughed.
“How long have you two been friends?”
“Even I don’t know the answer to that.” Garrett laughed.
“Me either.” Pat agreed.
“Eight years.” John and I replied at the same time.
“Jinx!” I yelled first.
John glared at me playfully.
“Don’t look at me like that, O’Callaghan.”
“Like what, Pope?”
“Oh…is that how it’s gonna be? Do we gotta take this outside.”
“Oh, please.”
“Psh! I’ll beat you into the ground.”
“Like you’re tall enough to reach me.” He smirked. I punched his arm. “Ow!”
“Take it back.” I threatened.
“Fine…I take it back.”
I smirked.
“That’s what I thought.”
Everyone at the table was laughing, except for Julie. She looked tense, which was good for me.
“So you two are super close?”
“They’re inseparable,” Ross stated with a huff.
“They have been since high school,” Jared added.
“We share an apartment.” I replied swiftly. “We have for a few years now, haven’t we?”
“Yeah,” John nodded with a laugh. “Dia and I have always been close.”
“Didn’t you guys have sleepovers?” Pat questioned.
I saw the look on Julie’s parent’s faces and I nearly died of laughter then and there.
“Yeah.” Big John replied. “All of the time. I thought that they were always doing something more than just sleeping over.”
“John.” His mom scolded playfully.
John shook his head but smiled at me.
“There was one time though…” Ross stated.
I turned really red.
“Ugh…please no.”
“John was so embarrassed!” Momma Ohh laughed. “He didn’t do anything for a week.”
“Mom!” John hissed.
“Honey, I already know about the onetime thing. I am the one who cleans your sheets.”
I covered my face with my hands.
“This is so embarrassing.” I mumbled.
Everyone laughed at my awkwardness.
“How did you two become friends?”
This time, the question was from Julie herself.
“We got partnered up for a science project.” John answered. “I was too shy to even talk to girls, let alone be friends with them…”
“But he had to talk to me since we were doing a project that was a huge part of our grade. I came over here nearly every day for a month to work on the project…”
“And after the project she never stopped coming over.” John finished.
“We just can’t seem to get rid of her.” Big John joked.
“We love our Dia.” Momma Ohh stated, smiling brightly at me.
I laughed.
“I love you guys too, Momma Ohh.”
“I love you more!” Ross stated. “You should be my girlfriend!”
“Calm down, Romeo.” I laughed at him.
“It was worth a shot.” He shrugged, causing a lot of people to laugh.
“What’s going to happen after Julie and John get married?” Bob asked me.
I looked right into his eyes. He wasn’t being rude…he was sincerely curious.
I didn’t blame him at all.
“Dia will move in with us!” John shouted. “Just kidding.”
I laughed.
“I guess life will go on as normal?” I questioned myself out loud. I already didn’t like thinking about this, let alone answering it. “John and Julie will probably get their own house or I’ll move out?”
“Yeah…probably.” John agreed.
I could hear the sadness in his voice.
I smiled and reached under the table to squeeze my best friend’s hand tightly.
It just so happened that John flipped his hand and laced our fingers together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks! :D

xoxo Rae Marie