Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Eleven ♥

“John Cornelius O’Callaghan what in the world is wrong with you?!” I snapped as I entered our house behind him.
“Go change, Dorinda.” He muttered.
“No!” I stopped my heeled foot. “What’s wrong?! Why are you acting like a tool?!”
John ignored my comment, and locked our front door. He walked past me without a word.
“John…” I trailed off before I grabbed his arm.
“Dorinda….please let go of me.”
“Or what, John?”
He sighed heavily before he turned around to face me.
“Will you please let go of my arm so I can go to bed now?”
“You don’t go to bed before twelve. It’s only eleven-thirty.” I commented. “Tell me what’s bugging you,”
“You really want to know?”
“Yes,” I sighed heavily.
“Garrett.”
“What about him?”
“Why are you even with him? I don’t get it. Earlier today we….” He trailed off avoiding eye contact.
“Almost kissed?” I questioned, and his eyes returned to mine.
“Y-yeah.” He nodded his head. “I don’t get how you could so easily turn to Garrett.”
“You are the one getting married, John. Not me,” I replied before I let go of his arm. “On second thought, I am a little tired. I’m going to bed.” I replied before I turned around and walked up the stairs. I slammed my bedroom door shut. I was pissed at John. He had absolutely no right to be mad at me. I slipped off my leather jacket, and then kicked off my heels. I tugged off the dress and tossed it in the dirty clothes hamper. I slipped into mypajamas and Uggs
Then I realized that I really wanted something to drink. I normally wouldn’t go out of my room wearing my skimpy pajamas, but I seriously thought that John would be to bed by now. I skipped the stairs two at a time. I was alone in the kitchen, thankfully. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. As temped as I was to go knock on John’s door, I refused.
As soon as I was up in my room, my thoughts came crashing down on me. John was jealous of Garrett and me, that much was obvious. He didn’t want me dating Garrett. He was really pissed.
“Dia are you still up?”
I spun around just in time to see John opening the door. When he saw me, his eyes got twice their size.
“Yeah,” I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest. “What do you want?”
“I want to talk to you,” He sighed before closing my door. John walked across the room to my bed, and he sat down on it.
“Then talk,”
“I’m sorry for getting mad at you and Garrett.”
I took a seat beside him.
“Why were you even mad?”
“Honestly, I have no idea.” He laughed, running a hand through his tasseled hair. “You’re my best friend, Dia. You know that, and…I don’t want you making the wrong decision.”
I shook my head and hugged him tightly. He hesitated a minute before his arms wrapped around me.
“John, if something is bothering you; I want you to be honest with me.”
“It’s nothing, Dia.” He laughed before he placed a small kiss on my forehead. “Can we cuddle?”
I giggled, and pulled away from him.
“Sure,” I replied before I slipped under the blanket. John laughed and followed by lying down next to me. He wrapped his arms around my middle, holding us close together.
“I missed cuddling with you,” He mumbled.
“I know. We used to cuddle all the time before you left for tour,”
“And before I got engaged,” He chuckled.
“Yeah, before you did that.” I agreed, and closing my eyes. I was almost asleep when I heard him.
“I wish you would try to change my mind.”
Then I felt his lips press against the base of my neck.



“I don’t understand him, Maria.” I huffed, hanging up clothes in my store while Maria sat on top of the check-out counter. “He was all cuddly and sweet last night, but when I woke up, he wasn’t even home. Do I repulse him that much?”
“You don’t repulse him stupid.” She rolled her eyes. “He’s just not convinced that you don’t want him to marry her yet.”
“How am I going to stand here and be nice to Julie’s face?” I asked, placing a hand on my hip
“You took acting classes in High School. It shouldn’t be that hard.”
“I just…I want to hate her, but she makes it so hard.”
Maria nodded.
“She’s really sweet.”
“Why can’t she just be a bitch like you?” I huffed.
“Whatever,” Maria rolled her eyes. “You love me.”
“I know,” I laughed. “You look great today.”
“Thanks. I just got back from a photo shoot. You should totally think about becoming a model. You can’t be a gymnast for forever.” She said in a sing song voice.
“I’ll think about it.” I laughed at her. “When’s your next photo shoot?”
“Tomorrow for Chanel,” She replied. “Come out, please?”
“Okay…” I nodded and trailed off.
“You are so stressed, it isn’t even funny.” Maria giggled. “Here she comes by the way,” She nodded.
I turned around to see Julie walking into my shop.
“Hey,” She smiled once she got to us
“Hey,” We smiled back.
“So this is your shop?”
“Yeah,” I nodded my head.
“It has like everything.”
“I know,” I laughed. “It’s funny to think that I carry such a combination yet I only ever wore jeans and converse.”
“Really?” Julie laughed and smiled.
“Yeah,” I nodded.
“Until I forced her to wear some of these cute clothes,” Maria stated, hoping off of the check-out counter when a woman walked up. “I’ve got you,” She said, talking to the lady. She started to help her and I shook my head.
“She doesn’t even work here.” I said, looking over at Julie. “Do you want to look around?”
“Yeah,” She smiled and nodded. “I’m looking for pink dresses.”
“Okay.” I replied with a fake smile before I turned around and started toward the pink dresses. She looked for around twenty minutes before she found the dress that she liked the best.
“This one is perfect!” She stated, looking at it. “For the maid of honor, that is.” She smiled.
I nodded, looking at the thousand dollar dress.
“It’s gorgeous,” I admitted.
“What size are you?”
“2,” I replied.
Maria walked over toward us.
“She’s a lucky bitch.” Maria commented. “This is the dress, huh?” She asked.
Julie smiled and nodded.
“I want this one for Dorinda,” She replied.
I smiled.
“Okay, do you want me to put it in the back?”
“Nah, I’ll pay for it right now,” She replied before she grabbed my size. We walked over toward the counter and I checked her out. “And you can just take it?”
“Okay,” I nodded, picking up the dress bag I put it in. “I’ll be right back,”
I moved the dress to the back room and I hung it up. My phone vibrated, and I looked down to see a text from Garrett.
Meet me at In and out?
I was thankful for his text. Anything to get me away from Julie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe...I feel for Dia and John...

Comments?

Check out Married To A Rock Star

xoxo Rae Marie