Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Two ♥

"Honey! I'm home!"
My smile widened at the sound of my best friend's usual call when he came back home.
"Did you bring home the bacon?" I called back.
"Loads and loads of it!" He laughed.
I stood up off of tge couch and Maria followed me. I turned the corner just in enough time to smile at my best friend before I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. My arms tightened around his skinny waist. John smelt amazing and comforting at the same time. It's not easy on me when he leaves for tour.
"I missed you, Johnny."
"I missed you more, Dia."
"Never." I chuckled. "That's impossible, darling."
"Not it's no-"
"You guys are worse than us," Kennedy's voice rang.
"We SO aren't that bad." I retorted.
"Yeah! We don't suck face!" John added, still holding onto me tightly. "She's my bestwest frand."
I rolled my eyes, and slowly let go of him.
"We should get pizza." I stated
"We've been eating fast food for the past three months." Kennedy made a face.
"I've already had my pizza for the month." Maria shrugged.
"I want my lovely best friend to make me food instead of take out." John batted his long eyelashes.
"Whatever. I ALWAYS cook for you," I stated.
"Maybe that's why we live together?" He asked playfully.
"Maybe?" I mocked. "But I have been living with Maria...basically the entire time you guys were gone."
"Figured that much."
Maria laughed playfully.
"And it's been Hell. Glad that you're here to take this one back."
"Great. Now let's get out of this doorway. I really want to sit down and be lazy."
"Of course you do, Kenny." I laughed, moving from the door wehre the guys were standing when John attacked me in a hug.
"Where's your stuff, babe?" Maria asked Kennedy.
"We dropped it off at my place before we got here."
"Always thinking ahead." She joked.
We all walked into the living room and sat down. John's arm naturally fell against my arms. I felt myself lean into his side to get more comfortable. We're always sitting like this, and it was nice to have him back here.
"Can you please make chicken and rice?" Kennedy asked. "I really want some."
"Me too!" John quickly agreed.
I looked over at Maria.
"What about you, Mar?"
"You've got veggies, right?"
"I think so?"
"Then go ahead. I'll eat something."
"You better." Kennedy stated, kissing her head. "I don't see why you barely eat. It's getting ridiculous."
"Ken, I'm only dieting until after this photo shoot. No need to worry."
"I can't help it. You need some meat to go with those bones. I think I liked you better when you were curvy."
"Dorinda's almost as skinny! Why aren't you guys picking on her?" She asked, crossing her arms.
"Dorinda's a professional athlete." I spoke in third person. "All muscle baby!"
"You're scrawny!" Jonh exclaimed, laughing. "But we love you anyway."
"You suck." I mutter, crossing my arms like Maria.
Kennedy laughed at the two of us.
"Just go make me food."
"Yesss sir!" I joked, getting up and moving toward the kitchen.



"Thanks again, Dia." John stated, patting his stomache. "Nothing like a home cooked meal."
I laughed.
"It was good, wasn't it?"
John rolled his eyes.
"How was it while I was away?"
"Eh. I could've used my bestfriend a couple of times." I shrugged.
"Really? What happened?"
"David dumped me."
"Why?"
"Because I'm always busy, I never have time for him, I love with you...the list goes on."
"Dia..I'm sorry," He sighed. "Maybe living together isn't such a good idea after all."
"It's not that, John..." I trailed off. "It's not like I had this huge spark with him or anything."
John studied my face before he looked down at his lap.
"I have to tell you something."
"Yeah?"
Silence. He finally looked back up at me.
"You remember that pact we made when I was 16?"
I hesitated for a moment before nodding my head.
".....Yes." I replied, re-playing his 'proposal' over in my head again.
"It's about that."
"Oh."
Talk about awkward....
"Yeah. It's kind of big."
"Listen, if you want to break the deal, I understand..."
"No. God, no. Dorinda, it's not that."
"That what is it?"
"I'm getting married."
♠ ♠ ♠
wow! Chapter two!

Please comment :)

xoxo Rae