Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Five ♥

"Okay...so you and John are having that annual best friend's day right?"
"I mean...most days are best friend's days...but yeah." I nodded. Tomorrow, up until Sunday morning, is my annual day with John. We literally turn off everything and just spend the day together. Everyone knows not to bother us when we're spending valuible time together.
"Then...I don't know...show him that you're definitely not just his best friend."
My cheeks burned.
"I can't do that, Maria."
"Do you want him to know that you love him or not?"
I pouted.
"I don't love John...I just don't...."
"You don't want to lose your ranking as his number one love? Yeah, I caught on to that a while ago." She laughed. "Come on. Get up." She stated, standing up.
"What are you doing?"
"We're going on a shopping trip."
"To where???" I asked.
"Everywhere. I'm dressing you up from now on. You're not longer going to be that skinny jeans and t-shirt girl. You're going girly, my dear friend."
"Don't I get a say in this?"
"Nope." She popped the p. "I've been wanting to do this since we met. Now I finally get my chance, and you're not ruining that for me." She said playfully.
I rolled my eyes but I stood up with Maria anyway.
"Okay." I huffed. "Just make me a promise?"
"Okay....fine. What is it?"
"You can't make me give up my converse completely."
Maria laughed.
"Honey, even I can't do that to myself."
I sighed in relief. Maria can be dangerous.

*

"I thought that you said we were going to shop?"
"This is shopping...just a different kind."
"How is this shopping?" I questioned, staring at the hair saloon in front of me.
"We're trying something different on you and buying it."
"I like my natural dark blond hair," I pointed out.
"I know you do, but a few bleached high lights won't hurt." She smirked before pulling me in and telling the stylist exactly what to do with my hair. They wrapped my hair in foil and Maria kept chatting with the stylist, that I recgonized as her personal hair stylist.
It felt like more than just high lights.
"Uh...Mar?"
"Yes, Dia?" She replied looking over at me.
"What else are they going to do to me?"
She smirked.
"Wait and see, darling. I'm going shopping for you some close. I know your sizes and I know what looks good."
"Maria..." I whined but the woman ignored me and paid for whatever she told them to do to me.
"You'll think me lady, baby doll."
Something in my gut told me trust Maria...but something else told me that I was going to have to try a whole lot harder than this to get John to notice me.
After they rensed my hair, they blow dried it and then they started doing something else.
"Extentions." He replied, being able to read my mind.
"oohhh."
"Honey, you're going to look completely different after we're done with you."
"Is that a good thing?"
"It better be."
I bit my on my bottom lip as they finished the rest of my hair.
Maria showed up a few hours later with moutains of bags, but they were still working on my hair.
"It looks SO good." She gushed.
"I wouldn't know. I can't see it." I laughed nervously.
"You're going to love it. Complete bombshell."
My face twisted up.
"What's in the bags?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
"That's for me to know and for you to find out."
"Do I have to wait?"
"Yes, Dia." She giggled.
"Fine."
John better fucking be worth this.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/dorinda_normal5/set?id=32545633

Thoughts?

Hopefully after this chapter, they will be longer. The short chapters are just there to start the story.