Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Seven ♥

"What movie should we watch my dear Dorinda?" John asked playfully as he looked through our DVD collection.
"Um...I have no idea." I laughed from my spot on the couch.
John turned to look at me and he laughed.
"That doesn't help me at all."
"Um...well....how about Nightmare Before Christmas?"
"I let Garret borrow it." He huffed and turned back around. "How about this one? My Best Friend's Wedding."
My heart beat raced slightly.
"Uh...."
"I know that it's a chick flick...but it's a good movie." He smiled at me.
I nodded my head.
"Okay."
"Great." He laughed. "I'll set it up."
"I'm going to make pop corn." I smiled, getting up and walking into the kitchen. I popped the pop corn and got us some drinks. I myself had a water, and I brought John a beer. I sat the drinks and bowl down. "I'm going to go change now, okay?"
"Mmkay." He replied, not bothering to even turn around. I rolled my eyes playfully before I walked toward the stairs and then up to my room. I quickly changed into one of his old shirts and a pair of shorts that I sleep in. I walked to the bathroom and took out my contacts. I felt gross, so I washed all of my make-up off of my face. Once I was done, I slipped on my glasses and walked back down the stairs. John was still putting bending down in front of the tv. I laughed and crouched down beside him.
"What in the world could be taking you this long to put a movie into the DVD player?"
"I can't find the movie." He huffed.
"It's fine, Johnny. We can pick another one."
"No...it's not fine. I really wanted to watch that one." He protested. "Did you watch it last?"
"Nope." I shook my head and I looked around the DVD hold. I stood up from my stop to get a closer look. I found a DVD placed up on the top and out of the case. "Hmm. I wonder what this one is." I stated sarcastically as John looked up at me. I flipped it over and showed it to him.
"Thank god," He huffed.
He hates when we lose movies.
"Just put it in."
"Demanding..."
"When am I not?" I questioned playfully.
"Good question. It's okay though, because you keep me in line."
"Of course I do."
"You do honestly." John laughed, turning around and looking at me. His eyes scaned over the sofa, the coffee table, and me.
"What?" I laughed.
He started doing that a lot tonight.
"I just...wow. You amaze me." He chuckled, sitting down beside me with the universal remote in his left hand. John's right arm wrapped around me before I cuddled into his side.
"And how's that, O'Callaghan?"
"You would be the perfect wife." He stated, looking down at me. "You're gorgeous, you can cook like an Italian woman, you take care of me, and you keep me in line. You can handle that I'm gone nine months out of twelve. You know exactly what to say when I'm going through shit, and you know when to back off. You tell me when I'm being an ass...who else am I going to find to do that for me? Julie won't, that's for sure. She's too nice."
I stared up into his green eyes. In moments like this, I wish I could honestly read his mind. He's so mysterious and guarded around me sometimes that it kills me. I would give my left foot to know what he was thinking right now. God, it nearly killed me.
"But you're marrying her."
He huffed and shook his head.
"Yeah."
"What?"
"Nothing."
"No, seriously. What did I say, John?"
"Nothing, Dia. Absolutely nothing." He shook his head before he picked up his beer and pressed it to his lips.
"Don't be like that."
"I'm not being like anything." He stated, laughing and putting his beer back down. "Enjoy the movie."
I stared at him for a few more mintutes with my brows furrowed.
"I can't stand when you're acting werid."
"It's stress. It'll be gone by the morning." He tried to reason. His arm tightened around me, and I laid my head on his chest. My right arm wrapped around his bare torso, seeing as he was only in basketball shorts.
"I hope Julie can be as great as me." I whispered.
"Why would you want that?" John whispered back, looking down at me.
"Because you deserve the world, John." I whispered back, blushing slightly.
"You're my..." John stated, trailing off before he moved some of my bangs back. "best friend."
I gave a small smile and his soft lips pressed against my forehead.
After that, we both turned toward the movie. When it was over, I cleared everything from the coffee table while John put the movie back up on the shelf.
"I wish someone would do that for me." John stated, startling me.
I jumped and placed a hand over my heart. John laughed and shook his head.
"Do what?"
"Tell me that they love me." He smiled.
"Julie does?" I foreced another laugh.
"I'm not talking about her." John chuckled. "I want someone to love me enough to stop me from ruining my life if I was in that situation. I want someone to fight for me." He said. I stayed quiet and I looked up at him. "I want my best friend to tell me the truth. No matter what it does to my realtionship with my fiance."
I laughed nervously.
"Me too, Johnny." I replied. "It was a cute movie though."
"With a shitty ending." He rolled his eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"Michael should've chose Jewls. He should've picked his best friend. That's what I would've done. Besides, no one knows you better than your best friend."
"That's true..." I trailed off. "I'm going to bed, okay?"
"Okay." He opened his arms. I laughed and walked into the warm embrace. I laid my cheek on his chest as his hands ran up and down my back in a comforting way. I took in a deep breath and I placed a small kiss on his chest.
"G'night, Johnny."
"You two, Dia." He replied. I started walking away. "Wait..."
"What?" I questioned, turning around.
"I..uh...I care for you....a lot."
I smiled.
"How much?"
John laughed.
"Way more than I should." He admitted sadly. "Sweet dreams, Dia."
"You too, John." I replied, walking up the stairs.
"I must already be." He whispered, but I still heard him.
I think John wants me to fight for him.
I think he wants to choose me.

*

I woke up early, as usual, and went downstairs. Birdes chirpped outside, but that was the only noise I could hear. I smiled to myself, thinking about what John told me last night. John only ever says something if he means it. If he didn't then he wouldn't have told me what he did last night. He has to want me to try. He just does.
I went straight to making John and myself breakfast. I cook a lot for the two of us because he's John. He really doesn't know how to cook, so I do it. I love cooking for both of us. It's going to be so different when he's gone.
"Breakfast?"
I jumped and turned around to see John standing there. He didn't look tired at all. He looked like he sleep well.
"Yeah." I smiled at him. "It's almost done." I replied, setting the spatchula down on the carrier thing. "Sleep well?"
"Surprisingly....sort of."
"Sort of?" I laughed. "Just sort of?"
"Yeah, well...I tossed and turned a lot."
I pouted.
"Poor baby."
"Yeah...poor baby." He mocked me with a smile. "I would feel better if someone would give me a good morning hug..."
I rolled my eyes playfully before I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. John's lanky arms wound around my back and he lifted me from the ground. He sat me back down, and I pulled away.
"Morning." I smiled. I slowly released my arms from behind his neck. They slid down and when they got to his collar bones, John's hands left my body and reached my arms. His hands held my arms from moving any further. Then he moved his head until it rested against my own.
"Morning." He mumbled.
I froze in my stop before I felt his lips brush mine softly.
"Dammit." John nearly yelled as the house phone started ringing.
I jumped back quickly as he went to answer it.
"I'm going to go change." I stated, moving up the stairs, not caring if he heard me or not. John seriously almost kissed me. He wanted to kiss me. His lips touched mine for a second. John was almost kissing me. And my heart was beating out of my chest. I ran through my closet, finding a dress that Maria bought me. I quickly changed, fixed the belt and looked for shoes. I found a older pair of my black cowboy boots. I slipped them on quickly and ran to the bathroom. I brushed out my hair, and it waved naturally. I just left it like that. If it looked good, why fix it?
I applied the finishing touches on my make-up before I felt pretty enough. I smiled to myself in the mirror before I walked out and back downstairs where John was still on the phone with whoever called.
"I fucking care, Ken!" John groaned in frustration. "I was..." Then he saw me. He stopped talking, and smiled. John sighed. "I'll call you back later. Bye."
He hung up without giving Kennedy a chance to reply.
"Kennedy?"
"The one and only." He smiled. "Look at you,"
I looked down at my dress. "Yeah?" I laughed.
"It's nice." He smiled.
I blushed again.
"Thanks." I replied. "I'm heading out now."
"Already?"
"Yeah..." I trailed off.
"Will you at least eat with me first?"
Slowly I nodded my head and we went into the dining room table.
"I'm surprised you didn't let it burn."
"I'm surprised that you forgot you were cooking." He retorted, making me giggle.
"True." I replied.
It didn't take long and all to eat. I helped clear the table before I hugged John and left the house. I tried to drive the speed limit to Maria's house, but I only ended up speeding the entire way there. I parked beside her pretty little sports car, and ran to the door. I didn't even knock before intering.
"It's just me!" I called out.
"Living room!" I heard Kennedy yell.
I ran into the living room where the couple was sitting on the couch, casually holding hands. I smacked Kennedy over the top of the head.
"That's from John." I stated. He looked at my confused before I punched his arm.
"Ow....that hurt." He pouted.
"Yeah..well...that's what you get." I huffed, sitting down on the other side of Maria.
"What did he do?" Maria laughed.
"John was about to kiss me." I admitted.
I got two stares of shock as an reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
John almost kissed Dorinda????

Thoughts?

xoxo Rae Marie